Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old September 11th, 2019, 07:44 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Emma Frost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post

Just like now, nobody is forcing females to wear leggings, yoga pants etc, with thong underwear that pretty much don't leave anything to the imagination.
I mean, have you actually tried to wear regular underwear under yoga pants...the bunching will drive you crazy.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old September 11th, 2019, 07:46 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Quote:
Additionally. As someone who was in high school and Marines in Hawaii during the spandex era, nobody forced a lot females to wear camel toe reveling spandex.

Just like now, nobody is forcing females to wear leggings, yoga pants etc, with thong underwear that pretty much don't leave anything to the imagination.
@MrNobody what do you have to say for yourself??
Old September 11th, 2019, 09:00 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
Are you suggesting there's a fair amount of people, who like being looked at?
Who....me???

Despite what some people would say...yes I am indeed suggesting that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Additionally. As someone who was in high school and Marines in Hawaii during the spandex era, nobody forced a lot females to wear camel toe reveling spandex.

Yeah, but there's plenty of people (me included) who do feel uncomfortable about how much of the media panders to the 'male gaze' as it's known.
I'm a 52 year old white heterosexual man. I am the devil according to some groups and some media. It's all my fault folks. Sorry for everything I have done, am doing, and will do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:

I mean, have you actually tried to wear regular underwear under yoga pants...the bunching will drive you crazy.
I tried it once, and that's all it took man. I roll with the thong all day long when wearing leggings or yoga pants. I wasn't blaming anyone for doing that, just saying that @MrNobody made them or me for do it

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Last edited by Hahma; September 11th, 2019 at 09:34 PM.
Old September 11th, 2019, 09:21 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Old September 12th, 2019, 05:09 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, but there's plenty of people (me included) who do feel uncomfortable about how much of the media panders to the 'male gaze' as it's known.
I'm a 52 year old white heterosexual man. I am the devil according to some groups and some media. It's all my fault folks. Sorry for everything I have done, am doing, and will do.
Yeah, please don't do this. I'm not the stereotyped mostly imaginary 'evil Liberal' who's offended by everything and think straight white men are somehow evil. I know there are people like that, but they are in a minority among the more Liberally minded and are, unfortunately, just some of the loudest and make effective targets to convince people on the fence to rally against the entire principle. I don't think it's your fault. My issue is with the culture, not an individual person who just happens to belong to the dominant group. People from any given group are just as capable of being awesome or being asshats. I am white, and I don't feel some deep racial shame over what white people have done because, quite frankly, horrible as it is, it isn't my individual fault. I just try to be aware of those social issues.
The fact is, the culture has been, pretty much, developed _by_ straight white Christian guys for straight white Christian guys and, while I won't say that such people necessarily 'have it better' (as a conglomerate they do, but, again, considering the individual above the conglomerate that's not necessarily a fair statement - I see plenty of white homeless guys in Ludlow and Shrewsbury, no way I'd be inconsiderate or stupid enough to say they have it better than me, to take an extreme example), there certainly are a number of issues which people belonging to one or more of those dominant groups don't have to put up with and, therefore, might not fully appreciate. A number of people refer to it as white/male/straight etc. 'priviledge', and while that's the accepted term these days, I honestly hate that term - I think it conveys the wrong impression, as though such 'priviledges' are priviledges, and something you haven't earned or don't deserve. In reality, they aren't, IMO - it's just being treated with respect, as a human being, and being considered 'normal'. It isn't that straight white people don't deserve to be treated in this way - it's that everyone else does, and isn't, which is the actual tragedy. No one - unless they're an absolute bastard - is actually saying that you don't deserve to be treated this way.
I live in a small border town and dress distinctively but in no way revealingly. Regardless, I have been wolf-whistled or mildly harassed on numerous occasions, which always left me feeling exceptionally uncomfortable. What it would be like in a city, I can only imagine. Now, I'm not going to say that comics _cause_ this, but let'e be real - the art is marketed in such a way, much of the time, as to portray women not as real women but as sex objects to be ogled. It is a cultural issue, and it is damaging. Maybe a lot of women do like to wear revealing clothing, but I'm not talking about that - I'm talking about a cultural shorthand which often conveys, intentionally or otherwise, that women exist to please men.

As I said in Domino's thread:

Quote:
No, it's not a case of taking that right from them - actual women, and, of course, female characters, have a right to dress how they wish (as long as, in the case of female characters, it's portrayed well and respectfully) - but I still think that, given the amount of alienation, objectification and outright disrespect women receive in general, particularly in these sorts of circles but basically everywhere, that those sorts of objectifying images don't help. And I do feel like there's a difference between a female character being depicted as choosing to dress provacatively in a situation that makes sense and someone being given a random cleavage slit to sell sex and provide fanservice - the latter feels like it takes the character's agency away from them and reduces her to something for teenage boys to ogle. We can and should, as a society and, in microcosm, as a custom project, try to do better.
Please bear in mind that a lot of you probably don't know what it feels like to be marginalised and alienated like this. I bloody well do, for more reasons than one. It feels really crappy.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
I'm not advocating anyone to do anything here. I only joined the conversation because I felt L_O's opinion was being marginalized. We changed Bat Woman's bio to make it less in your face and she complained but let it go for the good of the group...now she had an issue that could be corrected quite easily and it seemed like some weren't acknowledging her opinion as being important.
Honestly, it's a similar thing I'm talking about here that it was with the Batwoman bio, in principal if not in execution. As a gay woman, I know what it feels like to be marginalised, alienated, ridiculed, misrepresented, objectified, in a culural sense even if not in person (and it has happened before in person, though fortunately not by people I actually know...). It feels like crap, quite frankly, and knowing what I do about how the comic industry does use objectification, this felt like an example of it to me, and made me feel uncomfortable. As I said, this objectification is the main reason I'm so hesitant to get into comics now (I've been considering it for a while, but this is one of the things that's always made me go 'nah' or 'I'll think about it - maybe another time). I don't know for certain if it's a problem here for this image and this character, but I think it's something we should bear in mind so that the female characters in this game aren't treated like sex objects and any women who want to give C3G a go (yes, both of them! ) don't feel marginalised or objectified. It's a problem media as a whole and the comic industry in particular has that really feels pretty crappy to the people it affects, and does turn people off, myself included. As Tornado said, there's no reason to be part of the problem.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old September 12th, 2019, 06:17 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

In the case of Emma Frost in particular, I think one of the main focal points of the character is that she uses her sexuality to manipulate people around her and how she presents herself physically is part of that. Often I find that type of things with characters pointless and objectionable (I stopped reading Birds of Prey because at the time the female characters were drawn as pretty much interchangeable impossible bodies with different colored hair). But for Emma I do feel like it informs her character and is part of a type of person that she represents, and that's interesting and worth representing accurately, I think.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 12th, 2019, 06:34 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
In the case of Emma Frost in particular, I think one of the main focal points of the character is that she uses her sexuality to manipulate people around her and how she presents herself physically is part of that. Often I find that type of things with characters pointless and objectionable (I stopped reading Birds of Prey because at the time the female characters were drawn as pretty much interchangeable impossible bodies with different colored hair). But for Emma I do feel like it informs her character and is part of a type of person that she represents, and that's interesting and worth representing accurately, I think.
That's a fair enough argument. Again, my refrain of the last few day - context is everything.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old September 12th, 2019, 06:47 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

@Lazy Orang

My comment about being a 52 year old white heterosexual man and the devil wasn't directed towards you. You mentioned the male graze and I extrapolated upon that term and how some view us, like some think men are pigs for depicting women in art or whatever.

My apology was in jest, and mocking those that think my group (middle-aged white straight males) are the scum of the earth. I honestly don't give a rat's ass what society thinks of me personally. I'm a good dude and raise my kids to be inclusive and love all, except for asshats

Old September 12th, 2019, 07:01 AM
Hard as ice

Quote:
@Lazy Orang

My comment about being a 52 year old white heterosexual man and the devil wasn't directed towards you. You mentioned the male graze and I extrapolated upon that term and how some view us, like some think men are pigs for depicting women in art or whatever.

My apology was in jest, and mocking those that think my group (middle-aged white straight males) are the scum of the earth. I honestly don't give a rat's ass what society thinks of me personally. I'm a good dude and raise my kids to be inclusive and love all, except for asshats
Fair enough, and I appreciate that. Still, I hope you read my whole message - I think what I'm saying with regards to the culture as a whole is relevant.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old September 12th, 2019, 09:41 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I'm a big Emma fan and I'll note that doing her "right" means doing her sexy. She's one of the few comic characters that has specifically mentioned having work done - a nose job, implants, cuts and tucks and trims. Her accent is fake. She's not a natural blonde. Everything about her is fake.

I always appreciate that in a universe of barbie doll people she's one of the few that makes it clear the way she looks is completely unnatural.
Old September 12th, 2019, 09:49 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Quote:
@Lazy Orang

Fair enough, and I appreciate that. Still, I hope you read my whole message - I think what I'm saying with regards to the culture as a whole is relevant.
I agree with your points of view. White straight men have been culprits in a lot of negative issues. Many men in general of all races have been asses towards women. Some Christian women have been negative towards the LGBT community. Blacks kill like 7,000 other blacks in the U.S. a year and the most instances of violent crime are in urban areas and the highest percentage of assault against teachers also happens in urban areas of minorities. Those are from me, but from a black college professor whose column I read weekly.

Anyway, I have always gone by the thought that 10 percent of any group are bad eggs. Obviously, the bigger the group, the more bad eggs. But nonetheless, every group has bad eggs in my opinion. But by the same token, every group has a lot more good than bad. Of course, I'm not talking about hate groups and such, or criminals. More about racial, religious, sexual preference, gender types of groups.

My parents divorced when i was 5 and my dad didn't pay child support. My mom was a waitress and we lived in some pretty crapoy areas. I have had the misfortune or fortune, depending on different aspects, of living in a lot of places in my life. I went to 9 different schools while growing up (including 3 high schools) in the Chicago area, I was in the Marines for 4 years, moved to NY state near Rochester for 7 years, and a couple places in northwest Indiana where I currently live. I've lived in urban and rural areas. I've worked construction for a long time and been on many jobs with many different types of people. I have worked at a hospital for the past 11 years and it is in a very diverse area and has a great diversity of employees (racial, gender, cultural, religion etc.).

So while it sucked moving around a lot and never feeling stable, it did allow me to get to know a ton of different people from different backgrounds over the years. I've learned to judge people individually and not collectively. My wife grew up in a rough neighborhood in South Chicago. We teach our 16 year old twin daughters inclusiveness and to embrace diversity. In fact, their best friends are a biracial girl, a black Puerto Rican girl, a heavier girl and a girl born in China but adopted by a couple here, and she is a double amputee from the knees down from a house fire she was in back in China as a little girl. They have gay female friends as well. We taught them to stay away from mean kids and bullies and to help others. We tell them not to take crap fom boys and not to allow themselves to be treated wrong. I expect them to pass those principles on to their children and so on etc.

Ok, enough is enough on this subject and I don't want to drag this on any further.

Last edited by Hahma; September 12th, 2019 at 10:27 AM.
Old March 19th, 2020, 02:40 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Just out of curiosity, would Emma theoretically be able to attack herself by using her SA through a Proxy?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library