Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Notices

Old September 6th, 2019, 12:34 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

I'm sorry @japes , I missed your post above the one with the mats you made.

As Q pointed out, Rangers of Shadow Deep is a solo and co-op game. The rules are pretty straight forward and it's really cool. The one thing about it though, is that each scenario has specific terrain setups, and there's a variety of monsters and such. But I've seen a lot of people use various substitutes for terrain and monsters. I use a lot of Heroscape mondsers for wolves, zombies etc. I use the Scape orcs for gnolls. You can proxy anything really.

Also as Q mentioned, Frostgrave is going to have solo and co-op rules coming out in October I believe. I don't know if they are standalone or a supplement to the main rulebook. Either way, both books would be affordable.

I'll have to upload some pictures and battle reportsof some ganes of Rangers of Shadow Deep I've played lately.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old September 6th, 2019, 01:15 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Nice japes.
What would be cool is an overlay that you.could use to make hexes.
Don’t think I haven’t tried

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old September 6th, 2019, 02:29 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Nice japes.
What would be cool is an overlay that you.could use to make hexes.
Don’t think I haven’t tried to figure that out

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old September 8th, 2019, 03:55 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Here you go @japes

August 16th, I setup my table for the Blood Moon mission/scenario for Rangers of Shadow Deep. It's a one off scenario that can be played for Rangers 0-5 level as well as 6-10 level with a tweaked event deck chart.

I created a ranger for solo play. This scenario basically has the ranger and a few companions (you are limited) on a mission to deliver a message to the front lines, but on the way you run into 4 auxiliary soldiers that explain that there is a Werewolf tearing up a nearby village. So we take the auxiliaries with us to investigate.

I just got through the 1st round plus the ranger phase of round 2. Will continue tomorrow morning.

There are 7 clue markers to investigate, there is a chart that tells you what the clue marker reveals, but also gives a name of one of the auxiliaries and a number. You keep track of the numbers and add them up as you go. Whenever a clue number reaches 10 or more, the associated auxiliary soldier is replaced with a Werewolf. There is also another Werewolf that will turn up from the event deck.

My ranger has a bow and axe, then I have a battle mage with fireball spell, a tracker and a knight. The auxiliaries are a mixed bag of mostly melee troops, with Orla being the only archer.

I was able to finish up the Blood Moon scenario for Rangers of Shadow Deep on August 17th. Along with my ranger Stan Sebastian, I had my knight, Sir Cadderly of the Sun, tracker Veronus and my battle mage Akeron. The auxiliaries that led is to the area with Werewolf threat were Orla, Seb, Covin and Nicolan.

We had to search out clues to find out which of the auxiliaries was in fact a Werewolf and kill it, as well as kill a 2nd Werewolf that would turn up in an event.

We were fortunate with early clues, as in addition to investigation number that will add up to lead to Werewolf in group, we found an old man hiding under a blanket inn the boat, his name was Clem. Then later we heard a high pitched scream and a young boy named Vito climbed down from a partially built little tower. So we now numbered 10 and it made it easier to gang up on creatures.

Eventually the red hair left in certain areas led to us figuring out that Orla was the Werewolf. She turned and was able to put 6 wounds on Sir Cadderly (with 6 remaining ). But the companions ganged up on her and took her out before she got to activate again and heal some damage.

We heard some scary howls that frightened a few companions. We killed some giant flies, a wolf and a swamp zombie. Found a silver coated sword and dagger, and silver weapons do +2 damage to werewolves. Akeron had found treasure on the corpse he found in the barn. After the game, rolled on the table to find that it was an herb, Dremlocke Weed, which gives +5 to will tests for the scenario that it's chewed.

Eventually the other Werewolf came out and we ganged up on it and killed it.

Because of the number of creatures killed and keeping the other 3 auxiliaries and 2 civilians alive, Stan Sebastian ended up with 110 XP'S and levelled up to level 1. He bumped up some skills upon thus level up.

Fun game. My heroes fared well in this game, but it could easily have been rough if the clues and events came out I'm different orders and dice rolls weren't so good for them. Definitely has replayability.

My starting crew. This is a unique scenario, where you can only bring so many companions, as the scenario provides 4 NPC companions that you have join your group and you get to control them.

Akeron my battle mage. Sir Cadderly of the Son, my knight. Veronus, my tracker. Stan Sebastion, my ranger.

These are the 4 NPC companions provided by the scenario. One of them will turn into a werewolf

Starting setup. There's a barn with a clue in it, in the upper left corner with 4 giant flies ready to come at us. A manor house at the top right, where we have to search for more clues. A pond with a boat that has a clue in it. A small stone tower being built with a clue and 2 giant rats, between the manor and the woods. And the woods to the right of us, with a wolf and a clue in it.

Old September 8th, 2019, 04:01 PM
A Man of Taste

actually looks kind of interesting. What's the replayability of these scenarios?

Old September 8th, 2019, 05:44 PM
Prickly Cactus

Well @japes , the scenarios can be played over a few times if you want.

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/m/product/257695

The game is meant to be played as a narrative campaign. You create a ranger that has a base stat line. You have 10 build points to tweak the ranger. You can spend some to bump up base stats. He has like 15 skills that are like DnD, where they will get tested on occasion, you start at 0 for these skills and can spend build points to bump up 8 skills by +1 for each build point spent. So the number next to the skill is basically a modifier to your d20 roll for tests.

There are spells your ranger can choose from and there are Heroic Abilities you can also choose from. A spell costs one of your two actions to use. A Heroic Ability doesn't cost an action. When creating a ranger , you can spend up to 5 build points on your combinedible spell/Heroic Ability total. Each time you use a spell or Heroic Ability, it's spent for the scenario. You can only have 1 of a type of Heroic Ability, but you can choose the same spell more than once.

Finally, you can spend build points to increase your base of 100 recruitment points. Each build point spent gains you 10 more recruitment points. Recruitment points are used to pay for companions. There are a lot of different types and point values of companions. When playing solo, you get to use full amount of recruitment points and valve up to 7 companions. If you have 2 people playing, your total of recruitment points gets reduced and number of companions gets reduced because having more than one ranger in the game is stron get than only one ranger.

The main rulebook has a narrative campaign. There are several missions and each mission has 2 or 3 scenarios that are linked. Each scenario is different and had unique setup and special rules. There are often clue markers that need to be searched and a corresponding clue table that will have more clue options than are in the game. You roll a die and find the corresponding clue. So you won't always get the same clues or in the same order. Some are narrative to the scenario and some are treasures. After the game, you roll on the treasure chart to see what type of treasure you get. So that's something that will be different if the scenario is replayed.

At the end of each round most of the time and every other round on occasion, you draw a regular playing card and consult the event chart to see what happens. You will only have one or two more cards you setup than the number of rounds, so there will be many combinations of which events come out and when.

At the end of the main rulebook, there is a mission called The Burning Light. It has 6 or more scenarios that can be played in various order to a degree, depending on what you do. It's linked. This mission is different than the other ones in that there are numbered narrative paragraphs at the end of the mission. When searching clues or other things that may come up, you are directed to look up a specific paragraph number and read that passage. It will add to the narrative and tell you something. So for this mission, once you play it and see some of the special passages, it won't be a surprise for you of you play it again.

The game is like an RPG in that you will get experience points for your ranger. When leveling up, you will get to upgrade some things, depending on what level they attain.

Each time a companion makes it through a scenario without getting reduced to 0 health, they get a progression point. They don't level up like rangers, but they get little bumps every 5 progression points they attain.

When a ranger or companion gets reduced to 0 health on a scenario, they are knocked out but after the game, you roll on a chart to see if they actually die (slim chance ), get a permanent wound, badly wounded, close call or full recovery.

Anyway that's a decent overview.

Old September 8th, 2019, 07:45 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

After finishing up my walking dead all out war minis, it got me thinking of how many minis I owned currently that were painted by me.
Details in Here.
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...&postcount=140

Long story short the total is:

1075 minis

For fun, you guys should share how many you painted that you own. Or total if you've kept track of ones painted, then sold, or given away. I just went with what I have here because I've given away quite a bit of stuff over the years.

I'm figuring out what box of minis to dive into next.

EDIT: It'd be funny to see an Unpainted mini total as well. That will take another minute for me to find out.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old September 8th, 2019, 08:06 PM
A Man of Taste

Um about 20 or so but they are cheap quick jobs made for common figures in C3G. I found a pack of 100 figures for trains and they were only a tad small so they work as humans in a super human world.

I painted a few adaptoid figures for black lanterns. I actually like that figure for modding due to its plain generic blank slate look.

Old September 8th, 2019, 08:08 PM
Prickly Cactus

Very impressive number Trex

I'm sure I don't have half of that. It would take too long to figure out, as I never really keep track. I'm sure I'll never even get to that mark as I'm trying to avoid new games with high model count. In fact, I've cut back on stuff I might have ordered before without question, as I think extra hard on anything I get now, as I want to get caught up on unpainted minis and play with them

Lots of unpainted minis for sure. But again, it would take too long to search and count through the various boxes, storage bins etc. Sometimes I stumble upon minis I forgot I had.

My hobby time has also been used for a lot of terrain pieces, a lot of scratch built stuff, a lot of kits for prepainted mdf buildings and other things, unpainted mdf kits that require both assembly and painting, and just plain scatter terrain that I've painted. Not to mention a lot of custom bases using greenstuff and stamps.

Old September 8th, 2019, 09:16 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Very impressive number Trex

I'm sure I don't have half of that. It would take too long to figure out, as I never really keep track. I'm sure I'll never even get to that mark as I'm trying to avoid new games with high model count. In fact, I've cut back on stuff I might have ordered before without question, as I think extra hard on anything I get now, as I want to get caught up on unpainted minis and play with them

Lots of unpainted minis for sure. But again, it would take too long to search and count through the various boxes, storage bins etc. Sometimes I stumble upon minis I forgot I had.

My hobby time has also been used for a lot of terrain pieces, a lot of scratch built stuff, a lot of kits for prepainted mdf buildings and other things, unpainted mdf kits that require both assembly and painting, and just plain scatter terrain that I've painted. Not to mention a lot of custom bases using greenstuff and stamps.
Awesome @japes , What is crazy, is lately I've found my stride with quite a few techniques that just help out tons with speed painting. The result in quality is also just as good or better than any of my previous stuff. I have tons of them primed in their majority base color right now. Most of my unpainted stuff is in boxes for games. So its not terribly hard to figure out how many there are left to paint.

And.....It took me another minute but I have totaled the number of unpainted 28mm genre sized minis I have:

Total: 1944 Minis Left to paint

I didnt count all my Arcane Legion minis either, those I'll never get to probably. They may just get primed and washed. This also counts the Legion figures I'm getting in the mail tomorrow and the rest of my Darksouls pledge if they ever send it. I guess that puts me about 1/3rd of the way done.

Old September 9th, 2019, 01:26 AM
"like" happy

I just finished counting my 28-35mm miniatures collection for painted, pre painted, and unpainted. The number I came up with makes me realize that I need to stop. The number was
5198 miniatures. I may have a problem.

Old September 9th, 2019, 06:43 AM
Prickly Cactus

Yes Trex, you do have a problem

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures