Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Notices

Old August 25th, 2019, 07:07 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

You've been busy and diversified @TREX

That 12 in Negan sounds cool.

I've seen your pix and some discussion on Legion FB of the Rancor. I don't know anything about them, but they look cool.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old September 4th, 2019, 09:11 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Haven't painted Legion models for awhile (still have Scouts, Commandos, Pathfinders, Death Troopers, Krennic and Boba, Bossk and Sabine to paint), as Fallout Wasteland Warfare and Rangers of Shadow Deep have been my jam over the past few months. But I just got the Downed AT-ST last Saturday and wanted to get it done, because who doesn't like terrain pieces?

I'll have to get back on the Legion painting train, and perhaps alter back and forth between it and Fallout.

At some point, I'll have to post my Rangers of Shadow Deep games.

With some Imperial Guards and a generic officer for scale.

Old September 4th, 2019, 11:27 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Great looking Piece Hahma. That looks awesome. I'm at a loss at what to print next terrain wise on my 3d printer. I did do a huge set of dungeon sticks.(not sure if you've heard of those) Basically they are a ton of little modular ruins that are an inch or two high in places for dnd. What I did was make a ton of them and made all of them have the end pieces attached to look like little ruins. Then I melted the joints together with my hot tool. I never had any smaller ruined wall scatter for frostgrave so I went nuts a few nights printing batches of them. They turned out pretty good. Otherwise I did paint a lot of minis. I painted an entire box of lizard men called reptisaurians from massive darkness, and I painted pretty much all of my walking dead heroes. I have to do morgan and dwayne then all my heroes are painted. I still need to wash those ones. I figured up a fun, useful way to make the highlights pop after I use my army painters quickshade. I just use the wipe method after doing the whole figure but use a q tip dipped in mineral spirits. It makes the undertone color pop back out while leaving the shadow. The lizard men were my test subjects, and they turned out great. I have all my legion stuff done, even my handful of new boxes. I got in a 4 player free for all on legion over last saturday. It was awesome. We had 2 Imperial players and 2 rebel players. All the guys had a great time, and my neighbor was there playing table top games with us for the first time and had a blast and wants to try out more games. We all had standard sized armies so It was a long and bloody battle. I'll have to get more pics posted. I'm bad that way. I'm cranking out painted minis as fast as I have time. By the end of the week I'm sure my entire walking dead collection will be finished. I'll for sure shoot you some pics. If not on here, on messenger.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old September 4th, 2019, 11:43 PM
Prickly Cactus

That's cool that you got a 4 player game of Legion in. I hope to do that one day.

Those walls sound neat. Can never have too much scatter for Frostgrave.

You are a painting machine. My time is limited to an hour here or there, but mostly 15 to 30 minutes here and there.

I only have a few Walking Dead figures to paint, but they will have to wait. I need to concentrate on Fallout and Legion for awhile.

I did get to play 9 solo games of Rangers of Shadow Deep over the past few weeks, so that has slowed my painting by a lot. Times I could or would be painting, I was playing. But that was super rewarding because I got to enjoy the fruits of my labor, and wallet, as those dungeon walls set and the cobblestone mat cost me a lot. Getting them used makes it all worth it.

Old September 5th, 2019, 11:55 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Yeah. Ive seen your posts on your rangers missions. That game looks pretty cool. Seeing your batreps makes me want to get more of my minis finished to get some of my solo games in. The speed painting techniques Ive been using are fantastic in getting a bunch done. I only paint at night for about an hour after my kid goes to bed and my wife goes to work. I picked up an extra runewars grassy battlefield mat so I can run a whole 3x6 grassland board. Those mats work great for legion, walking dead, and any other generic battlefield. Including frostgrave because I have all my stuff for it non snow based. I also finally bit for an AT ST for legion along with a box of shoretroopers. Are you excited for the latest errata for the legion units? Its supposed to bring some of the lesser competitive units back up to par. Im not a competitive player but Ill probably print out the fixes because Im sure those units will play better. Im trying to get a ton of models painted before winter so I can just enjoy them in winter. Painting in winter sucks because of the horrible priming and sealing conditions. Ill have the rest of my walking dead models done by this weekend for sure.

Old September 6th, 2019, 06:37 AM
Prickly Cactus

It make sense that they did the errata and points change for Legion, as after spending time on the Legion Facebook page, it was easy to see the meta for competitive play. Some units were auto includes and some were never includes. So it's nice that a whole lot more units will be viable and allow for more variety in competitive play.

I'll just have the RRG handy, maybe print out the errata pages, but not the individual cards.

Old September 6th, 2019, 07:42 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Of all these games which has the best solo/coop gameplay?

The only miniature type games we've played are Heroscape and Gaslands but having something my son and I can team up in would be cool.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old September 6th, 2019, 08:57 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

As far as mats go I thought I’d share something I figured out. I found a rubber mat At Home Depot. It’s called a runner. It was a rich over 24” wide and 10’ long. I cut it into sections and taped off an area to be “road” and sprayed the rest with a brown primer. It worked well and I figured I can probably create just about any terrain I wanted. It has a nice textured look. This is probably the best images I have.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old September 6th, 2019, 09:05 AM
Prickly Cactus

Great idea @japes . Looks great! You have a nice setup for Gaslands it seems I still haven't played it, despite having the rules, templates, dice and cars Yet another thing I have to force myself to make some time for

Old September 6th, 2019, 10:36 AM
"like" happy

Yeah, that looks great @japes . Well done. That's a game that could be pretty fun to get into. There are a lot of fun board game type games that are coop. Zombicide, Zombicide Black Plague, Massive Darkness, are all ones I have that can be Cooped. As far as miniature wargames go, walking dead all out war, and the rangers of shadow deep are pretty neat ones. I don't have rangers yet but it seems like its gameplay is alot like frostgrave and that one is pretty great. @Hahma , I print and laminate all my cards, so making some errated ones will be pretty easy for me.

Old September 6th, 2019, 11:42 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Nice japes.
What would be cool is an overlay that you.could use to make hexes.
Old September 6th, 2019, 11:46 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Rangers of Shadow Deep is made to be a solo/co-op game and is by the creator of Frostgrave. He's also releasing a book soon that lets you play Frostgrave solo/co-op.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures