Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's
Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's A place to discuss specific questions regarding Marvel rules and cards.

Notices

Old October 20th, 2007, 03:01 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness
No Q9 killer?
Red Skull
Nilfheim
Kaemon Awa
Squad Killer Kaemon And Nilfheim unite! Still wouldn't kill the Hulk though... stupid Hulk! I'm wondering why the Hulk is so good against Red Skull armies...
I also like this one:
Krug
Red Skull
Ornak
Mimring
Marcu
Isamu
Bunches of Utgar heroes to take turns with with Ornak and Red Skull... so many... too bad it's 600 points. You could take out Ornak for 500... but then it's not as fearsome.

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old October 20th, 2007, 03:10 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Nilfheim is probably one of the better anti-Q9 options out there. And I think he and Kaemon could probably do some damage against Hulk. Add in Isamu, and I wonder how that team would do against Hulk, Krav, and Eldgrim (lead with Eldgrim, of course, then put his spirit on the Krav).
Krug + Q9 + Raelin seems like a pretty good counter to Hulk, for only 10 points more than Hulk and for many benefits that go beyond Hulk killing.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 20th, 2007, 05:06 PM

eric.dunfee Woo who?
Ran into an issue with super leap last weekend.

The card didn't answer our question, and someone said they read the Marvel manual and it didn't cover this issue.

Super LEAP that would lead one to assume that it's a single jump. Or is it 10 space move that allows you to move wherever you want?

If that is the case, would it be possible to leap from on top of the bridge, to underneath the bridge?

Old October 20th, 2007, 05:07 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric.dunfee
Ran into an issue with super leap last weekend.

The card didn't answer our question, and someone said they read the Marvel manual and it didn't cover this issue.

Super LEAP that would lead one to assume that it's a single jump. Or is it 10 space move that allows you to move wherever you want?

If that is the case, would it be possible to leap from on top of the bridge, to underneath the bridge?

Yes, oddly enough.

Old October 20th, 2007, 09:57 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I'm not sure exactly what's in question here ... it doesn't say you have to move in a straight line or anything, or that you have to be 10 spaces away from your original placement. As long as you move no more than 10 spaces and no more than 50 levels up or down, you can move Hulk wherever you can fit him on the board.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 20th, 2007, 11:52 PM

s2ua7 has disabled reputation
Thats exactly what was in question... I play HS with Eric almost every friday and one person (of course the army that the owner of Hulk was attacking) had a problem with the owner of Hulk moving like that. We tried to argue that since the card did not specify that he had to move in a straight line, he could move in any direction he wanted to, up to 10 spaces. Most of us argued that it could be done, but rather than start a huge fight over the ordeal we rolled a dice over it (I think thats what was done if I remember right... I was out of the room)...
Old October 21st, 2007, 12:27 AM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
As long as you count horizontally out from under the overhang, then horizontally back the other way once you get up on top, it's permissible.

As for why Hulk is so good against a Red Skull army, my experience is that introducing a tough, high-attack hero in one army will put more pressure on the low-defense heroes in the other army than it will on opposing squads or opposing big heroes. Because Mimring, Syvarris, Red Skull, Carr, Raelin, MBS, or what-have-you take multiple wounds but roll comparatively few shields, an earthshaker like Charos or Hulk is going to waste hardly any skulls when attacking them.
Old November 5th, 2007, 07:11 PM

Hive Lord has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman
Out of curiosity, I playtested that army I mentioned against my Hulk army (and lost). Hulk did 320 points worth of damage before blanking out on defense against Krug too many times cost him. He took out full life Q9 protected by Raelin's aura (I really should have sent in Isamu first to try to assassinate her, but I got impatient and foolish). Then a wounded Hulk leapt over and took out Raelin in one attack. Then he went up against Krug, foolishly, when he probably should've just disengaged and let the rats try to wear him down. Hulk put four wounds on Krug, then Krug finished an already pretty wounded (from Q9) Hulk.
The roborats managed to put the last 4 wounds on Krug, but not without taking major casualties. With two roborats and Isamu left against all three Nakitas, I knew I was in trouble. One rat died to engagement strike, the Nakitas killed the second, and Isamu rolled a 4 on disappear, biting it as well.
All in all, I felt Hulk was beatable but not a bad investment. The army I put him up against is about the best army you can get for 500 points, IMO, and designed to face up against Hulk. Still, he pretty much held his own, and if I'd made his allies do more, I think he might have prevailed.
All in all, I'm thinking that against Q9 and Krug, Hulk needs more than a bunch of cannon fodder backing him up. The rats really weren't worth that much, since Hulk gets you engaged fast, so range doesn't really come into play. If I had it to do over, I would've gone with the Krav and Eldgrim to take out the Nakitas and Raelin, or Sgt. Drake or Agent Carr to provide a secondary heavy hitter.
I think your army would do ok as well, but I really don't think they have a reliable Q9 killer, which is essential in mixed games. If you're counting on a D20 roll to kill Q9, you're in trouble (and should probably be investing in someone like Ne-Gok-Sa instead of Red Skull for a lower risk and higher reward).
If you want to kill Q9 get a bunch of sword gruts and arrow gruts.
Old November 6th, 2007, 08:23 PM

After playing two games against the Hulk, I can firmly say that you should not play the Hulk against a good player if you don't think disengaging is worth it, or you don't know how to effectively disengage. In both games I played against him, he basically did near nothing because he got tied up while I killed his support, and my opponents didn't disengage OR was unable to do anything because he didn't move wisely. With the Hulk, move wisely and disengage well, or you die.
P.S. I've had great sucess using Tor-Kul-Na plus Nagrubs against the Hulk. Hand to hand, combined with Nagrubs, Tor-Kul-Na will usually win a fight against the Hulk. By the time he gets enough Rage Smash 5 in to do significant damage to Tor-Kul-Na or enough skulls to damage him, he's already losing by about 3 or 2 health compared to Tor-Kul-Na's. Combined with Nagrubs restoring health to Tor-Kul-Na and abusing the law that eventually the Hulk will get a wound from a whiff against a Nagrub (it actually happened in the second game. The Hulk's fatal wound came not from Tor-Kul-Na himself, but by a Nagrub 1 Skull roll against the Hulk's whopping 0 shields) leaves him in a very bad posistion. Trample Stomp also hurts the Hulk badly - a high chance to get it off leaves the Hulk reeling from insta - wounds.

Old December 9th, 2007, 12:51 AM

MaJic_Rat is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody the Marro Stinger
After playing two games against the Hulk, I can firmly say that you should not play the Hulk against a good player if you don't think disengaging is worth it, or you don't know how to effectively disengage. In both games I played against him, he basically did near nothing because he got tied up while I killed his support, and my opponents didn't disengage OR was unable to do anything because he didn't move wisely. With the Hulk, move wisely and disengage well, or you die.
P.S. I've had great sucess using Tor-Kul-Na plus Nagrubs against the Hulk. Hand to hand, combined with Nagrubs, Tor-Kul-Na will usually win a fight against the Hulk. By the time he gets enough Rage Smash 5 in to do significant damage to Tor-Kul-Na or enough skulls to damage him, he's already losing by about 3 or 2 health compared to Tor-Kul-Na's. Combined with Nagrubs restoring health to Tor-Kul-Na and abusing the law that eventually the Hulk will get a wound from a whiff against a Nagrub (it actually happened in the second game. The Hulk's fatal wound came not from Tor-Kul-Na himself, but by a Nagrub 1 Skull roll against the Hulk's whopping 0 shields) leaves him in a very bad posistion. Trample Stomp also hurts the Hulk badly - a high chance to get it off leaves the Hulk reeling from insta - wounds.
Tonight we played an 800 point, 3 player, mixed game. The subject of Hulk making use of disengage and falling damage came up. Hulks biggest weaknessi s the big target on his head and being tied up by several figures - rspecially tight after a leap.

We've used Hulk quite a few times since getting Marvel and he hasn't lasted to the end of a game yet ... but he gets chosen every time.
Old April 19th, 2008, 09:51 PM

JP30 Woo who?
Re: The Book of the Incredible Hulk

If you use stomp special attack and an adjacent figure is on a water space does that figure roll for damage as well?
Old April 19th, 2008, 10:20 PM

ChaosChild has disabled reputation
Re: The Book of the Incredible Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP30 View Post
If you use stomp special attack and an adjacent figure is on a water space does that figure roll for damage as well?
Yes, the figure on the water space would roll defense dice as well.

Kumiko is not impressed with your sculpt, either.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's