Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Old July 28th, 2020, 06:37 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!
Re: [Pod 2] Nahiri, Fury in Stone

For the third power, we could do "began or ended her turn". I'd be up for either that trigger, or just wound-based DA. Between those two, how do we feel?
Old July 29th, 2020, 08:56 AM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Your suggested wording would look something like this, right?

Quote:
OATHSWORN GUARDIAN
After attacking with Katryn, if Katryn began or ended her move adjacent to a friendly unique hero, you may attack one additional time with Katryn's normal or special attack.
This seems a bit more complex than just requiring one or the other, but I think the increased flexibility will likely be worth it. Either way, I think this power fits the "protector" theme more than a wound-based DA, and is also more tactically interesting.
Old July 30th, 2020, 05:02 PM

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Yeah, I think that would work and hit theme. That works for me. Thoughts, everyone else?
Old August 1st, 2020, 07:15 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Looks good to me.

Edit: Thinking on it, this could make her pair with Dienekes quite well. Nice little "nonsynergy" synergy right there.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old August 13th, 2020, 04:34 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Been a little quiet over here. I've put together an updated draft incorporating what it seemed like most people wanted based on the recent discussion. If anyone would like anything changed though I think now is still a great time for that.

Quote:
Katryn Vade, Emperor’s Chosen
Einar
Icarian / Unique Hero / Champion / Devoted / Medium 5

5 Life / 5 Move / 1 Range / 5 Attack / 3 Defense

DRAGONHEART BLADE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 3.
Choose a figure to attack. Any figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected by Dragonheart Blade Special Attack. Squad figures roll 1 less defense die against Dragonheart Blade Special Attack. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. Katryn Vade cannot be affected by her own Dragonheart Blade Special Attack.

OATHSWORN GUARDIAN
After attacking with Katryn, if Katryn began or ended her move adjacent to a friendly unique hero, you may attack one additional time with Katryn's normal or special attack.

ASPECT OF THE DRAGON
Whenever Katryn is chosen for a special power, you may treat her size as Huge instead of what is on this card.
And here's a mockup for reference
Old August 13th, 2020, 04:47 PM

The card does look busy, but we've been doing really good on cutting down complexity elsewhere. Plus the third power is kind of a formality, really.

It looks good to me. Should we call a vote for the end of Design, since we were discussing a public feedback phase?
Old August 24th, 2020, 06:44 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Wasn't there talk of choosing only either before or after for Oathsworn Guardian? I get that you're trying not to downplay her sword SA, as that seems like a pretty iconic/character-defining power, but I'm also not a fan of mixing normal and special attacks in a Master Set. IMO it's better off more simply, "After attacking normally, if Katryn is adjacent to a friendly Unique Hero, she may attack normally one additional time."

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old August 29th, 2020, 02:40 PM

That would cut down on the wording, for sure.
Old August 30th, 2020, 04:21 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

And it's also just fine thematically. She's doubling her efforts to protect the unit she's standing right next to. That sounds like an Oathsworn Guardian to me. Anything on top of that is bells and whistles, IMO. (Not to mention the memory issue of taking her full turn, plus any triggers from movements, attacks, and any other powers, then looking all the way back to where she was before she moved to remember whether or not she was next to anyone.)

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old August 30th, 2020, 05:20 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

We ran into some similar trouble with the Velnesh Alphas, who originally could teleport either before or after moving. We decided to change it to only after moving in order to cut down on complexity. I think that Katryn Vade is already significantly more complicated than they were.

If the fear is that limiting Oathsworn Guardian to normal attacks will take away some of the emphasis from her Special Attack, then it would be easy enough to limit it with something along these lines:
Quote:
OATHSWORN GUARDIAN
After attacking with Katryn Vade, if there is an adjacent friendly Unique Hero, she may attack one additional time with her normal attack.
That lets her still use her Special Attack and then attack again, just not her Special Attack twice in a row. I'd imagine in many cases that getting two attacks of 5 will be better than her Special Attack and one normal attack, though.
Old August 30th, 2020, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
We ran into some similar trouble with the Velnesh Alphas, who originally could teleport either before or after moving. We decided to change it to only after moving in order to cut down on complexity. I think that Katryn Vade is already significantly more complicated than they were.

If the fear is that limiting Oathsworn Guardian to normal attacks will take away some of the emphasis from her Special Attack, then it would be easy enough to limit it with something along these lines:
Quote:
OATHSWORN GUARDIAN
After attacking with Katryn Vade, if there is an adjacent friendly Unique Hero, she may attack one additional time with her normal attack.
That lets her still use her Special Attack and then attack again, just not her Special Attack twice in a row. I'd imagine in many cases that getting two attacks of 5 will be better than her Special Attack and one normal attack, though.
I can get on board with this change. I think that limiting Oathsworn to ending her turn will make it much more situational, but I don't think thats a bad thing necessarily, and I think its worth it to make the power cleaner. I'm also fine with limiting the extra attack to just a normal attack.
Old September 8th, 2020, 03:53 PM

IT's a dial we can turn, now that we have a skeleton of an idea. Any other objections?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs