Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 1st, 2006, 08:07 PM
Master Custom Creator

Euryon is surprisingly tart
Wave X - Custom Competition Discussion

Ok, after a particle inspiration hit me in fuzzysadists thread next door, the idea of a "Best of Heroscapers Customs" set to sell on eBay (or whatever) materialised.

This thread is simply for discussion on whether it is 1) ethical, 2) practical and 3) interesting.

First, the ethics of the situation are in question as the proposal includes selling customs on eBay for cash. The cash raised could either a) go to charity, b) be the custom designers prize, or c) go to Heroscapers.com. We ought to discuss what sorts of figures are we allowed to re-sell as customs (D&D, MK, Warhammer, etc).

Secondly, the practicality. The idea would be to hold an in-house custom competition to find 5(?) "sellable" customs, that could be packaged, rudimentally, and sold on eBay (or whatever), and the proceeds given to whom/whatever. Would it be possible to centralize the figures and cards, and then actually sell them.

Third, the interest of the idea. Well, that comes down to you, the reader. Would you be interested in entering such a competition (when some concrete rules/guidelines were in place), would you be interested in judging, spectating or contributing in some other way? Please discuss here so I can gauge if this idea is worth pushing forwards.

Some initial ideas I have:

Hold an in-house custom competition. The top 5 are then sold by a single salesperson on eBay (maybe HouseMouse?) with equal reserves. The custom that sells for the highest wins. We'd have to make allowances for not buying your own customs, though! The winner then wins "something" (to be determined).

Or;

We hold an in-house custom competition and produce "Wave X - Heroes of the Web", a lá "Orms Return" - 5 customs that are voted as being potential Halls/Barracks quality, and then sold to the public, perhaps enmasse. Maybe we could convince some of the terrain builders (Robaula etc) to chuck in some custom scenery to spruce up the deal.

Any other ideas and discussion welcome. The above is *just* an idea. I am not particularly claiming ownership or a massive desire to run the thing, though if things *do* go ahead, we could start a project of it.

On my command, fix bayonets.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards