Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Books
Books Not Heroscape-related.

Old October 9th, 2007, 04:59 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoesntCompute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velenne
Quote:
Martin's series has gotten bigger but I have never read a section of any of the books and felt that I was wasting my time.
Have you read "Feast for Crows" yet? Many of the showcased characters were entirely pointless and had zero discernible impact on the overall plot.
Yup and I disagree with your opinion of it. There are portions of the series that are slower than others but even the slow periods have a reason for being (imo, in some cases, we may not know that reason yet).
I agree DC. While there were some slow parts at times, I never felt that it was filler or wasteful.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old October 9th, 2007, 05:11 PM

DoesntCompute has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onion Knight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma
I really enjoyed Raymond E. Feist's Riftwar and Serpentwar series'. That's up there for me as a personal favorite along side ASOIAF. Start with Macigian Apprentice and keep going.
I just looked it up on Wiki. Just what I was looking for. I'm going to pick it up on the way home from work.
Thanks.
Donaldson's White Gold Wielder series is a good read.

Amazing grace how sweet the sound
that saved a wretch like me
I once was blind but now I see
Old October 10th, 2007, 06:49 AM

Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Donaldson's White Gold Wielder series is a good read.
Thanks, DC. I picked up the first book from that series too. (Too bad that I read so slowly.)
Old October 10th, 2007, 08:45 AM
BoV Judge Emeritus Revisitus

Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Quote:
Martin's series has gotten bigger but I have never read a section of any of the books and felt that I was wasting my time.
Have you read "Feast for Crows" yet? Many of the showcased characters were entirely pointless and had zero discernible impact on the overall plot.
Finally, someone who is not such a "fanboy" that they are willing to realize his last book was an utter disappointment.

GRRM is too fat and happy collecting his knights and going to conventions.

DUND is underestimated and under-rated.
Old October 10th, 2007, 09:19 AM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Quote:
I was a little disappointed in Feast for Crows. It wasn't nearly as good as the previous books, particularly because it left out many of my favorite characters completely. I didn't feel like there was as much evolution of the plot as in previous books, and the stuff that did happen could have been much shorter and got to the same place.

http://drakesflames.blogspot.com
Drake's Flames, my crassly opinionated game review site. Updates three times a week.
Old October 10th, 2007, 12:55 PM

DoesntCompute has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityMax
Quote:
Quote:
I was a little disappointed in Feast for Crows. It wasn't nearly as good as the previous books, particularly because it left out many of my favorite characters completely. I didn't feel like there was as much evolution of the plot as in previous books, and the stuff that did happen could have been much shorter and got to the same place.
I felt like I was reading half a book. I viewed it as reading the first half of one of his regular books. An unusual situation but the book was better when I viewed it like that.

Amazing grace how sweet the sound
that saved a wretch like me
I once was blind but now I see
Old October 10th, 2007, 09:24 PM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I disagree, FFC was awesome. I see it more as a book about the setting of ASOIF than a character piece, though there's plenty of that too. If you get over not having the main guys and just enjoy the ride across the world of Westeros, then you can have a great time.

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old November 21st, 2007, 01:05 AM
This week: Joah 2 Nwojedi 0

Joah has disabled reputation
While I'm at work, I've been listening to ACoK read by Roy Dotrice.

Every fan of these books should give this a try. Good stuff.

Old November 21st, 2007, 09:57 AM
"Mr. Zettian Handshake"

Jonathan knows what's in an order marker Jonathan knows what's in an order marker
Looks like the ASOIAF minis are out, but alas, they are too small for Heroscape. Not like there is a lot of scheming and intrigue that goes on in Heroscape - they'd probably be out of place
Old November 28th, 2007, 12:25 AM
This week: Joah 2 Nwojedi 0

Joah has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan
Looks like the ASOIAF minis are out, but alas, they are too small for Heroscape. Not like there is a lot of scheming and intrigue that goes on in Heroscape - they'd probably be out of place
Have you seen them? Can you confirm size difference? Just curious, as I will be getting them all regardless.

Old November 29th, 2007, 10:18 PM
"Mr. Zettian Handshake"

Jonathan knows what's in an order marker Jonathan knows what's in an order marker
They look great, but they're 35mm? scale - like dwarves or something compared to the rest of the scape figures.

Dwarves!

Link's on his website, by the way - I think in the "Not a Blog" section.
Old November 29th, 2007, 10:29 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Here's a link to FRP games website with the figures.

http://www.frpgames.com/cart.php?m=p...c=1079&ref=goo

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Books