Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Notices

Old October 27th, 2022, 11:33 PM

bradtato knows what's in an order marker bradtato knows what's in an order marker
Re: Heroscape: Age of Annihilation is here! Back it on Hasla

Quote:
Originally Posted by JairEmia View Post
I think a big problem is that there are no tiers to the support. I would be willing to throw like $30 at this with no reward just to see it happen, but $250 is a bit too rich for my blood.
This is an interesting idea I hadn’t thought about yet. Before the campaign launched, when all we had to go on was “look to the HeroQuest revival campaign” and most people landed on an expected cost of 150-200, I had decided I’d be willing to back up to two copies, or around $300. When the campaign actually launched, and it was $250, I was both excited it fell into my $300 budget, but saddened it was so close to the top of my budget. I would happily have still gone in for $300 since that’s what I had budgeted for, and I’m sure I’m not alone in that school of thought.

With the announcement it at GenCon, I was inspired to dig out my old collection and sort through it. I was pleasantly surprised to learn I had a fair bit more than I thought I did, so I condensed it and sold about half of it. I got enough to back two copies without coming out of pocket, so I’ll end up backing a third at the end of the campaign with the original money I had already budgeted. I really hope this funds.

I was a teenager when Heroscape originally launched and remember several conversations with my friends about keeping everything to eventually play with my kids some day, like how my dad kept all of his slot car tracks from the 1970s.
Old October 28th, 2022, 12:53 AM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm sad that I don't think this is going to fund, we would need to make up so much ground to even have a chance, I don't want to sound defeated. It's just difficult to see a product I really want and have wanted for years not succeeding. At least they are sharing the cards so we can use them for custom units if this doesn't fund. I half wonder though if it was a bluff when they said about this being the last and only chance to get more 'scape. Maybe they'll go back to the drawing board and rework the project at a lower price point, it'll be much smaller but I think more likely to succeed. If they did have a plan-B they would absolutely not tell us because they know people would just wait for that second option. I don't know, it just seems like a massive amount of work to just throw in the trash after one attempt.
Old October 28th, 2022, 02:16 AM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I like that Maddening Chitter power on Thyraxis. Seems like the d20 result was made easier to achieve since it's once per round and it's moving an OM instead of removing it. Very cool.
Old October 28th, 2022, 02:27 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I wonder how they choose which cards to reveal. I'd love to see me some Valkyries and Stretch Goal heroes!
Old October 28th, 2022, 09:49 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmac2200 View Post
I'm sad that I don't think this is going to fund, we would need to make up so much ground to even have a chance, I don't want to sound defeated. It's just difficult to see a product I really want and have wanted for years not succeeding. At least they are sharing the cards so we can use them for custom units if this doesn't fund. I half wonder though if it was a bluff when they said about this being the last and only chance to get more 'scape. Maybe they'll go back to the drawing board and rework the project at a lower price point, it'll be much smaller but I think more likely to succeed. If they did have a plan-B they would absolutely not tell us because they know people would just wait for that second option. I don't know, it just seems like a massive amount of work to just throw in the trash after one attempt.
I remain reservedly optimistic, as I have been since the announcement was made at GenCon.

I am encouraged by the last few days. I could be wrong but there does seem to be an uptick in backers in the last 48 hours or so. We will probably hit 3K by end of day. While not optimal, it is at least steady progress.

The fat lady has not sang just yet; let's keep the faith and spread the word..................... (without being annoying asses)

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by Rÿchean; October 28th, 2022 at 10:21 AM. Reason: not calling anyone an ass, just saying don't be one
Old October 28th, 2022, 10:06 AM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

For all my criticism and disappointment in how the campaign started, it really only matters how it ends. It sounds like they’re going to be making a push with more videos and such as this winds down and if they get the right kind of exposure maybe it will work.
Old October 28th, 2022, 10:13 AM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm honestly surprised that no one has mentioned anything about this, but Starburst Magazine (apparently a UK-based sci-fi outlet?) has an article with renders of the new Kyrie figures.
The article has an individual render of Qhyrion (the Aquilla Kyrie) and a group photo of the other renders; the tweet linking to the article (linked below) has a few more individual renders, including the one for the new Vydar Kyrie.

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old October 28th, 2022, 10:26 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth

pretty badass looking Kyrie. Thanks for sharing!!!

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by Rÿchean; October 28th, 2022 at 10:27 AM. Reason: yeah!! more stuff like this can get us there
Old October 28th, 2022, 11:07 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Wow, photos of all seven Kyrie minis in the article! Thanks man; great stuff. Keep hope alive! I'll be Scaping with you here soon in person, TD! Looking forward to meeting you.
Old October 28th, 2022, 11:25 AM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Loviatäk FTW!
Old October 28th, 2022, 11:37 AM

And now, with the posting of the first AOA Scenario on the NO POSTING thread, my very first AOA rules question. Since the extra terrain is in pairs, when a player is placing two pieces of it, do they have to be identical? (I say no, because it doesn't say they have to be).
Old October 28th, 2022, 11:43 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

"Do what the rules say, not what they don't say" is pretty standard, yeah.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion