Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old April 5th, 2008, 06:52 AM

slobberblood has disabled reputation
A Fantastic Find! HeroQuest!

So my wife and I were doing the thrift shop run today, and in the toy section I found 2 boxes of Heroquest, all complete, one has fully painted figures!

The second box was MIB still in it's wrapper not touched. I also got the expansion sets Return of the witch lord and Keller's keep.
Plus a complete Darkworld Game also Complete.

I will posting on Ebay the MIB heroquest box tonight. I will post a link for those interested.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ksid=p3907.m29

Captain Slobberblood
"In victory, you deserve Champagne, in defeat, you need it.” Napoleon Bonaparte
www.chaos-arts.com
Old April 5th, 2008, 12:17 PM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Wow, awesome find. Are you going to get rid of the Dark World to, and the expansions?

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old April 5th, 2008, 12:49 PM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Holy crap! That's amazing! What an amazing find! I never find jack squat at thrift stores - half-complete jigsaw puzzles, old copies of Risk with the board torn in half, but never whole games like that. That's amazing. It's like stumbling across the Holy Grail.

http://drakesflames.blogspot.com
Drake's Flames, my crassly opinionated game review site. Updates three times a week.
Old April 5th, 2008, 01:24 PM

Leif Kicker rolls all skulls baby! Leif Kicker rolls all skulls baby! Leif Kicker rolls all skulls baby! Leif Kicker rolls all skulls baby!
Im with Imax I never find anything good, awesome find you will get a good penny or two for it on eBay!
Old April 5th, 2008, 01:44 PM

slobberblood has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetcurse
Wow, awesome find. Are you going to get rid of the Dark World to, and the expansions?
I'm keeping the Dark world and the expansions... The MIB is up for sale now.

Captain Slobberblood
"In victory, you deserve Champagne, in defeat, you need it.” Napoleon Bonaparte
www.chaos-arts.com
Old April 5th, 2008, 03:59 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
The Goodwill store near me has a huge stack of "No Brainer" games....I was gonna buy them all and then pay homeless people to wear them around Manhattan for a day to see if it got on the news...but it was too much work LOL
Old April 5th, 2008, 06:00 PM

dickflea Woo who?
Great find i just wish i could find some of these.

Hmm...haven't heard much about Darkworld though, this just gives me an excuse to google it now. Thanks.
Old April 5th, 2008, 06:13 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Need to pay attention people ... Dark World was just reviewed by IMax earlier this week!

IMax HeroSacper's Dark World Announcement
Drake's Flames Dark World Review

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old April 5th, 2008, 10:53 PM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Well, a mint copy of HeroQuest is like striking gold. Dark World, on the other hand, is not even remotely a good game. It's gorgeous, sure, but it's like an expensive dessert in a hoity-toity restaurant - pretty to look at, but boring to consume.

Even so, if I saw Dark World in a thrift store (much less with both expansions) I would pick it up. I would then take all the miniatures out, except for the relatively stupid-looking heroes, paint them, then take the rest of the game back and re-donate it to the thrift store.

http://drakesflames.blogspot.com
Drake's Flames, my crassly opinionated game review site. Updates three times a week.
Old April 6th, 2008, 06:37 AM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityMax
Well, a mint copy of HeroQuest is like striking gold. Dark World, on the other hand, is not even remotely a good game. It's gorgeous, sure, but it's like an expensive dessert in a hoity-toity restaurant - pretty to look at, but boring to consume.

Even so, if I saw Dark World in a thrift store (much less with both expansions) I would pick it up. I would then take all the miniatures out, except for the relatively stupid-looking heroes, paint them, then take the rest of the game back and re-donate it to the thrift store.
My six year olds asked me to play it with them today Oh well....if they like it then good on em I say.
Old April 6th, 2008, 11:26 AM

kboleen is surprisingly tart
That is a terrific find, especially the Darkworld game. It took me over 5 years to find several copies of Heroquest at various thrift shops and garage sales to put together a complete game. But now, my wife and I play through a scenario every couple of weeks and I have bought a couple of expansions off eBay.

"Be of good courage..."

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games