Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Notices

Old May 21st, 2020, 02:47 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

@Hahma , didnt you get a Imperial dewback rider? I was going to resin print me another dewback for my extra riders torso but I ran too low on resin to do it until my new stuff makes it in the mail. So I took a shot at it on my fdm printer. I generally hate waiting on prints but I slowed it down by decreasing the layer height to.1. Long story short is I turned out really nice. It fits the extra rider torso perfectly. I was curious if you wanted me to whip one up for you along with a spare base for when I send you a mandalorian to paint. Im printing a second one right now while Im at work. As soon as my new resin comes Im going to print some mandalorians and some more clones and such.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old May 21st, 2020, 08:08 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Actually @TREX , I don't have a Dewback yet. But I did just ask my buddy Brian to order me 1 Dewback and the pair of Tauntons. It will take awhile to get from his distributer friend, but that's ok.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old May 22nd, 2020, 02:17 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Ooh, I know a few people that could use some Din Djarins in SW Minis scale...
Old May 22nd, 2020, 02:03 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Ooh, I know a few people that could use some Din Djarins in SW Minis scale...
Once my big bottle of resin shows up. When it decides to show up. Amazon prime 2 day shipping? Right. Im going to be pumping out more alternate minis for star wars legion. Which includes some mandalorians. After I finish what Im after as far as legion proxies go Ill see if I can hook "said" people up. Ive got a semi decent que of items Ive been wanting to print. There are tons of different poses of the mandalorian up right now on thingiverse. Some with pistols, some with rifles and a bunch of others.

Old May 22nd, 2020, 05:39 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Cool. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with @TREX .

I finally sent my Mantic Points out to Mantic, I only had enough to get Michone or Abraham, and I chose Michone since she's more iconic an has that cool Katana. It did cost me $12.50 in shipping from the UK, as you have to order it and prepay shipping online. Then I mailed out the points and the international stamp was $1.20, not too bad.

I'm sure they will wait until they get my points before shipping it out, so it will take a few weeks I imagine.

Last edited by Hahma; May 26th, 2020 at 06:49 AM.
Old May 26th, 2020, 07:08 AM
Prickly Cactus

I finished playing a two-handed solo game of The Drowned Earth, playing the Attack and Defend scenario. In this scenario, there is one object marker placed in the center of the board and each side places 1 more within 4 inches of the center line on their half of the board and not within 8 inches of another objective marker. So the Bondsmen had one by a boulder, while the Artifacters had one on a tower. Interacting for an action with an objective gives that side control of it until the other side interacts with it. Scoring is done at the end of rounds 2, 4 and 6. Controlling the marker on your side is worth 1 point. Controlling the center one is worth 2 points. Controlling the opponent's marker is worth 3 points.

Bondsmen ended up winning 8-3. Good fun. There is so much dynamic movement in this game and it is encouraged to try to leap and climb, as you have to pass skill tests, like for most things in the game, but if you roll a certain result, you get an action point back. So there are times when a character with only 2 action points to start with in a round, might end up with 4 actions because of getting the Feat results during skill tests.

Nix with high ground shooting fire arrows at Limmosk

Alaya on the bunker and Ravanna in the garage part of the big building

Fancagne got off the roof after interacting with the objective there and came down to get healed by Ravanna, a medic. He had 4 fire tokens on him from Nix when he was on the roof.

Nix had just got done shooting at Fancagne on the roof and Ana is about to leap accross to the roof of the big building to interact with that objective to get it back to their side. Ando is down low waiting to go out and deal with Gersla when she comes for the nearby objective by the rock.

Ana made it

Ando used his grapple gun to pull Gersla to him, but wishes he didn't as she will take him out with her axe.

Ravanna ran out from the garage to toss one of her quake grenades at Corian and Sage on the tower. Then she ducked back in the garage. The grenade deviated from center position, but since the template would have run into the side/rail of the tower, it stops (have to assume it was on the floor of the tower). So the grenade still hit those guys, 2 damage to Corian and 1 Damage to Sage, with both knocked prone. It will cost them having to take a movement action to stand up again.

Fancagne moves to the bottom of the tower and then charges up to attack Corian. You can combine charge with a dynamic move like climbing or leaping, as long as you pass the skill test, otherwise he'd be stuck down where he is.

He first took out the still prone Corian and then will take out Sage

Araya had leapt from the bunker to the rail of the the catwalk on the big building and then onto the roof and charged Nix. She would take her out. Ana had climbed down the side of the big building and is 1 inch still from the bottom.

Ravanna came out from the garage and took it to Ana while Ana was still climbing down. You can be in base contact when up to 1 inch difference in bases.

Old May 26th, 2020, 08:04 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

So cool. Love that grenade bounce ring.
Old May 26th, 2020, 09:19 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
So cool. Love that grenade bounce ring.
Thanks Tornado!

That ring is a template for certain weapons like those quake grenades, smoke weapons, glop (glue like mortar). The weapon has a deviate value, usually 1 or 2. You place the template centered where you want it and in the weapon's range.

In this game, the characters have stat value for close combat, agility, marksmanship and intelligence. These numbers are between 5 and 7 but there are modifiers that can bring them up or down. When you make a skill check, you roll 2 d10s of different colors. The one is the attribute die, which means that you have to roll equal to or less than the skill you are using to pass that skill check. The other is the Feat die and if you roll equal to or less on both dies then it's called a Nailed It result.

There are 2 ranges for each weapon, a pass range of say 10 inches and a Nailed It range of say 16 inches. If you only succeed with your attribute die, then you can only reach your pass range, so sometimes you may be at Nailed It range but only Pass, so you miss. But if you Nail It, you reach the longer range.

If you fail on the attribute die and succeed on the Feat die than its still a failure. But, there is a reason it's called the Feat die. There is a symbol in place of the 1, and if that ever comes up, even if you fail the attribute die roll, it's counted as a Nailed It result, and you get an action point back ( all models start with 2 action points at the start of each round, but the leader starts with 3) so getting a Feat is great for getting more actions and having Heroic moments. You can also get a Feat if you roll doubles that are both equal to or less than the skill value. However, if you roll doubles greater than the skill value, that's a blunder and bad. You not only fail, but if you were shooting, your weapon jams and needs to be repaired by a mechanic. If you blunder a leap, you will fall and take falling damage etc.

Back to the template. If you fail, then you roll 2 d10s. One tells you the direction (you have the 1 of the template facing the center of the board ) and the other tells you the distance it goes. So it can actually affect the shooter or other friends if the die rolls are bad. But if you succeed, you still roll 1 d10 fir direction, but use the weapon's deviate (1or2) to have it move the direction rolled, 1 or 2 inches. Now If Nailed It, it lands right where you put it. If when moving the template for a miss or pass, if it bumps into something solid, you stop movement there and that's where the hit is. That's what happened on the tower. Ravanna had actually missed and it was going to move 6 inches in the 9 direction, but the wall/rail of the tower stopped it.

There is also a Teardrop template that is used for certain weapons. Is maybe 5 or 6 inches long and generally auto hits for enemies caught in it. But to get that close to use it is dangerous too. As in this game, of a character still has an action point left, they can react. So you can get shot while you are moving, or shot while you are shooting. Or the target can try to dodge.

Old May 26th, 2020, 09:25 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Neat. Fun mechanics.
Old May 26th, 2020, 09:37 AM
Prickly Cactus

Yep. Same goes for climbing and leaping. You have 2 move values (usually 4/6 or 5/7 etc). If you are just moving on flat or up to 1 inch obstacles, you can move the higher number. But if you are doing a dynamic move that involves leaps and climbs, you have to roll the 2 d10s to see if you blunder, fail, pass or Nailed It. And you can combine a run, with a leap and climb in one action. So depending on what you roll, you will be able to not be able to do more than pass move on regular ground, move up to pass move if that clears a leap, and if you Nailed It, you would be able to complete the entire dynamic move and go the longer move value. So even if you have a 2 inch run, 2 inch leap and a 2 inch climb, it's only 1 roll of the dice and the results tell you how much of that dynamic move sequence you can complete.

Certain characters have abilities that let you reroll the attribute die when doing certain things. Like the Berengi (gorI'll characters) get to reroll the attribute die when climbing.

The designer is planning on doing an RPG for thus game in the future, so many things will already be in place. He's currently having a kickstarter for a solo and co-op version on the came called Ulaya Chronicles.

Old May 26th, 2020, 01:38 PM
"like" happy

@Hahma , that board setup and batrep is fantastic. Its really great looking. I need to stop building and making stuff long enough to play some games. Im almost done with my coruscant underworld build. Its looking really great but Ive went the extra mile on detail painting all the greebles on it so its taking me longer than anticipated. I was finally giving my shop a good thorough cleaning and found my old heroscape unit and terrain ideas totes. I had thousands of ideas in there. What I realised by lightly browsing through them as I threw them out was that Ive been wanting to do a build like my coruscant underworld for a very long time. Tons of drawings and schematics of stuff very similar. Back then I lacked a game mechanic that would do it justice. I threw all of those out. Thanks to watching a few episodes of hoarders on netflix its just enough motivation to deep clean things. Im not a hoarder but watching stuff like that makes me not want to be even close to it.

Old May 26th, 2020, 01:51 PM
Prickly Cactus

Thanks @TREX !

I haven't painted anything in weeks. Before I played The Drowned Earth, I had played another game of Legion on the same board and scenario/units as the one I had previously posted pictures of. I didn't post pictures of that last Legion game.

I figure that I've built and painted so much, that I need to concentrate on playing for awhile to enjoy the fruits of my labor.

Can't wait to see your board.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures