Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old May 14th, 2010, 05:54 PM
The Closer

Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: 99 cent Sentinel Proxies - Painted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Tang View Post
I am pretty sure (I could be wrong and mistake it for glare) that that picture with Sentinell head next to Iron Man head is the from that Colossus with the hole patched up. It looks fine to me.
Well now that I have my figure next to me and can compare them I think your right. I couldn't judge the size very well since my head is still attached
Old May 14th, 2010, 05:55 PM

Master Tang rolls all skulls baby! Master Tang rolls all skulls baby! Master Tang rolls all skulls baby! Master Tang rolls all skulls baby! Master Tang rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidicul View Post
Quote:
I am pretty sure (I could be wrong and mistake it for glare) that that picture with Sentinell head next to Iron Man head is the from that Colossus with the hole patched up. It looks fine to me.
Well now that I have my figure next to me and can compare them I think your right.
Memory Measuring is always kinda sketchy. That pictures helped me a lot lol.

Quote:
I couldn't judge the size very well since my head is still attached
Hats were originally invented to keep the head weighed down on the shoulders. All that hot-air going through people's heads makes them as light as a feather.

Master Tang's Comic Customs
Most Recent Custom: 7/10 Hand Ninja & Karate Kid
Master Tang's Comics & Gaming Blog Update 7/30
MASTER TANG - An Honored Ally of C3G

Old May 14th, 2010, 06:00 PM
The Closer

Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidicul View Post
Quote:
Well now that I have my figure next to me and can compare them I think your right.
Memory Measuring is always kinda sketchy. That pictures helped me a lot lol.

Quote:
I couldn't judge the size very well since my head is still attached
Hats were originally invented to keep the head weighed down on the shoulders. All that hot-air going through people's heads makes them as light as a feather.
Well it appears that your head is pretty light most of the time and do you have nothing better to do then sit on the sight? You respond faster then I can check other threads lol.
</IMG></IMG></IMG>

Last edited by Hidicul; May 14th, 2010 at 06:02 PM. Reason: No idea where those Img things came from
Old May 14th, 2010, 06:07 PM

Master Tang rolls all skulls baby! Master Tang rolls all skulls baby! Master Tang rolls all skulls baby! Master Tang rolls all skulls baby! Master Tang rolls all skulls baby!

I am the fastest man alive. Also I'm a student and I'm waiting to go hang with some SuperScape. The interweb is pretty boring, these forums are one of the more interesting things for me.

Also this is a site. lol

Master Tang's Comic Customs
Most Recent Custom: 7/10 Hand Ninja & Karate Kid
Master Tang's Comics & Gaming Blog Update 7/30
MASTER TANG - An Honored Ally of C3G

Old May 14th, 2010, 06:12 PM
The Closer

Quote:
I am the fastest man alive. Also I'm a student and I'm waiting to go hang with some SuperScape. The interweb is pretty boring, these forums are one of the more interesting things for me.

Also this is a site. lol
WOW!!! I can't belive I did that My brain works faster then my hands, I actully do that alot As for as this SITE being interesting about the only thing else I do on the web is watch shows (prasies internet TV) or search for comic art, which of course ties back into this SITE.

Oh and sorry Adam for the lol
Old May 15th, 2010, 03:16 PM

Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
You are correct sir.

Heroclix Collosus Sentinel Accessory chopped and filled
Old May 15th, 2010, 03:36 PM

Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker

I was contacted about making the mold but I have to say I found the mini for $1.19

Colosus on Ebay

I think just buying the minis and striping out the head would probably work best.

Pete

God makes us strong for a little while so we can defend the weak.
DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE
Old May 15th, 2010, 04:17 PM

Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I just bought 5 for $.89. I couldn't justify the $45 it would cost me get resin to cast a dozen heads or so myself.
Old May 15th, 2010, 04:46 PM

Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker

What do you use to make the mold. I figured on about 1\5th of a $27 Tub of rubber, myself.

Pete

DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE
Old May 15th, 2010, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felindar View Post
What do you use to make the mold. I figured on about 1\5th of a $27 Tub of rubber, myself.

Pete
I didn't even factor in the cost of the mold. I have some $9.99 latex rubber sitting on my desk that I could make servicable head molds from. It was just the cost of the resin. I usually get my resin from MicroMark for $38+ shipping.

Smooth On used to have cheap $30 starter kits, but now they throw an instuctional DVD in them and charge $80.

For the smaller Sentinels I was casting the heads out of $2 Epoxy Putty, with mixed results. It was cheap enough that the cost of miscasts was neglible.

Where are you getting your rubber and resin ? It sounds like you've found a better deal than I'm getting.
Old May 15th, 2010, 07:02 PM

I use the Alumilite product line I have success with the white stuff for Items as small as Minis. Luckily I can get most of it through my local hobby store so no shipping.

Pete

DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE
Old May 15th, 2010, 08:49 PM

That's a good product.

I tried convincing my local craft shops that they should carry casting supplies, but they just looked at me like I had 3 heads.

Casting my own stuff was ecomincal when I was playing Warhammer 40K, but with using Heroclix in such small numbers for Heroscape it hasn't been worth it.

Admittedly, I've been tempted to sculpt and cast an entire Sentinel, but to make it worth it I would have to sell them for $30 to recoup the cost of supplies and labor.

40K players would drop that kind of cash in a second for a large model like that, but Heroscapers seem a bit more of a frugal crowd.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations