Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project
C3G Project A Place to gather C3G threads without interfering with other Marvel Customs creation

Old February 14th, 2022, 11:25 PM

Alexandros knows what's in an order marker Alexandros knows what's in an order marker Alexandros knows what's in an order marker
Re: Venom Workshop

Perhaps something more like:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandros View Post
NAME = Venom (Ultimate Spider-Man)
SECRET IDENTITY = Eddie Brock

SPECIES = Symbiote
UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = Tormentor
PERSONALITY = Relentless

SIZE/HEIGHT = Large 6?

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 3
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

UNSTABLE BODY
At the end of each round that Venom has taken one or more turns, if there is at least one Wound Marker on this card, place an additional Wound Marker on this card.

SYMBIOTE SMOTHER
If Venom is engaged with only one enemy figure, and that enemy figure is small or medium, that enemy figure is considered Smothered. A Smothered figure cannot move or be moved by any special power on any Army Card or glyph. A Smothered figure rolls 1 fewer attack and defense die for each revealed Order Marker on this card. After attacking a Smothered figure, if Venom inflicts at least one wound, remove a wound marker from Venom.

TENDRIL SWING 2
Instead of his normal move, Venom may move up to 2 spaces with Tendril Swing. When moving with Tendril Swing, Venom has the FLYING special power, but may not move up or down more than 40 levels in a single swing, and will not take any leaving engagement attacks. After using Tendril Swing 2, you may use it one additional time.

SUPER STRENGTH

Current projects:
My customs thread
Arena of the Valkyrie Pod 2 Participant
Old February 14th, 2022, 11:42 PM

Shiftrex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shiftrex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shiftrex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shiftrex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shiftrex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shiftrex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shiftrex wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Seems like a glass canon, really good for dealing with one figure but gets outclassed if something can put a wound on him.

Really good way to express an unstable version of Venom. The lifesteal mechanic is great, makes me think that venom is trying to feed (Sony movie flashbacks lol).
Old February 15th, 2022, 07:53 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Good tweak! Think I also said so on discord, but I really dig the direction here.

You could streamline a bit and make the Unstable Body wound easier to remember if you also put it together with the 'vampire' effect.

Here's what I mean:

Quote:
UNSTABLE BODY
After attacking a figure that is not an [idk probably not robots or DOs], if Venom inflicts at least one wound, remove a Wound Marker from this card. Otherwise, roll an unblockable attack die against Venom.

SYMBIOTE SMOTHER
If Venom is engaged with only one figure and that figure is small or medium, that figure is considered Smothered. A Smothered figure cannot move or be moved by any special power on any Army Card or glyph. A Smothered figure rolls 1 fewer attack and defense die for each revealed Order Marker on this card.
That does lose the theme twiddle of him needing to smother in order to feed, but in practice I don't think it's a huge change because the pay-off on smothering someone is significant enough that you're usually going to be trying to do it anyway, and you have a lot of ability to make it happen with Tendril Swing.

Breaking that out into Unstable Body also gives you space to carve out different theme stuff to avoid him healing when he eats a mailbox or whatever.

You're also getting a different rate-of-self-wounding there, but that can be played with to an extent. I think having it trigger at the same time as the healing will help keep it in players' minds a lot better. Sometimes "do minor negative thing at the end of the round" type effects get missed easily.

Food for thought.
Old February 15th, 2022, 08:06 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Fwiw, Unstable Body is from Preston Payne Clayface. I agree with everything Ronin is saying though.
Old February 15th, 2022, 08:08 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

See? I completely forgot it.
Old February 15th, 2022, 10:34 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

I completely forgot that card existed at all.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old February 17th, 2022, 12:40 AM

Alexandros knows what's in an order marker Alexandros knows what's in an order marker Alexandros knows what's in an order marker

Hah, if I'm being honest this was inspired by looking at both Clayface designs with this design in the back of my mind. Is there any issue with creating a new power in this instance rather than using Unstable Body?

Current projects:
My customs thread
Arena of the Valkyrie Pod 2 Participant
Old February 17th, 2022, 12:45 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandros View Post
Hah, if I'm being honest this was inspired by looking at both Clayface designs with this design in the back of my mind. Is there any issue with creating a new power in this instance rather than using Unstable Body?
Nope, we're usually pretty down for the creation of new powers.
Old February 17th, 2022, 06:02 PM
Symbiotic

Yeah, totally fine to come up with something new for a slightly different mechanic.

The only time you'll really get pushback on doing a shiny new power instead of one from stock is if the old one is significantly simpler/cleaner to use and doing more-or-less the same thing.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project