Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Blender
AotP Blender A place to discuss AotP customs and ways to integrate Heroscape with AotP.

Old September 4th, 2016, 03:07 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
2v2 team game - Heroscape and AotP

I am running a 2 on 2 team game at Ohio NHSD 2016 @ CinCityCon and am making it a combined Heroscape and Magic AotP event. I think the most balanced way is to have each player on a team use a separate army from each game, without combining he two types of units in a single army. That way if one type of army dominates, then it is still balanced. The alternative was to force roughly half an army to be one AotP and the other half Heroscape, but with planeswalkers taking up so much points, that seemed impossible. Anyway, here is the format I am going with. Comments or suggestions welcome, so I can revise in time for the tourney:
  • Bring an army of each game for each player.
  • Max 24 figure limit for both armies on a team (AotP army max is 8 figures, Herosape max is 16, combined totals 24 figure limit, not hex limit).
  • For each team, one person play with a Heroscape army and the other with an AotP army and spell deck. [Either alternating per game or a die roll is probably the best ways to choose who plays what each game, but for my event it will be player's choice each game]
  • Only the Heroscape player uses Order Markers but everyone rolls for initiative each round (the AotP player can use Order Markes to keep track of turns taken but does not have to pre-plan them).
  • Enchantments can be placed on Heroscape or AotP units but Sorcery cards can only be played on AotP units
  • Powers that refer to creatures or figures, toughness or defense, and crossed-weapon symbols or skulls are interchangeable
  • Planeswalkers are counted as unique heroes and Zombies, Spirits, and Vampires are considered undead for Heroscape powers. Any other questions on combining we can figure out.
  • All Heroscape terrain rules will be in effect but you cannot summon or "drop" a figure on a cryptolith.
  • Play by AotP rules that after a Plansewalker is dead, the AotP army still plays with the rest of the army, and you cannot draw more Magic cards, but you can still play the rest of the cards in your hand.

In combined games I have played and seen, magic cards seemed way too powerful on Heroscape units, especially sorcery cards such as instant wound/kill and resurrection. That is why I banned playing sorcery cards on Heroscape units but, for now, I am allowing enchancements on Heroscape cards. I tried to figure out specifics of what powers refer to to allot for the wording of the other game, but I know I am missing some - anyone have any ideas of what I missed or could add?

Last edited by lefton4ya; January 22nd, 2017 at 07:47 PM.
Old May 11th, 2017, 02:19 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: 2v2 team game - Heroscape and AotP

I tried doing a team game where one person had Heroscape and one person had Magic:AotP at the last Ohio NHSD and it turned out terrible. The best mix I have done is doing a full 500 point Magic:Arena army and adding somewhere between 100-200 points of Heroscape (banning Raelin v1 and Deathreavers) for each player in a 2-player game or a team 4-player game, using @TREX 's rules. But even that can be gamed and I do not think it is a good idea for a tournament.

One thing I am doing at Origins and hope to see elsewhere is having maps with Heroscape terrain AND Magic:Arena mats and Cryptoliths, most likely one or two from my Herosape and Magic:AotP Cryptolith Map Contest. I think Cryptoliths fit well into Heroscape and Heroscape terrain adds a lot to Magi:Arena games, and using terrain rules from both games for both games is one thing I think most people can agree is a good idea. The only hard part is finding good maps for Magi:Arena, specifically ones what are not too overpowered range vs. melee and/or only have one or two high-points.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Blender