Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Old September 19th, 2014, 09:02 PM

MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby!
Map Database

I don't like teasing (too much), but I thought it could be fun some secret project I've been working on during the last month or so.

Tired of being unable to know which maps we could build or how they looked, my gf and I decided to build a map database to make searching the HSC files easier.

Right now we're far from being able to show a working site, but we're almost done with the hardest part, which is reading the hsc files and making a viewer.

Here you can see our first draft of a map page:
http://heroscape.kirlad.net/

We are currently focused on modeling the 3d tiles and terrain. After that these are our plans:

- Textures / Lights
- Database search and filters
- Users / Uploads / Manage collection

We have big plans for this site, but prefer to go slowly. So we will open the site only when the basic functionality is done.

Feel free to post any questions and suggestions, it might help us to build a better tool for all of us.

pd: it might be quite slow right now. That's it's because the map and 3d files are hosted in my home server.
Old September 20th, 2014, 02:31 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: Map Database

Neat! You should get in touch with Lyrgard.
Old September 20th, 2014, 05:54 PM

Mars1912 knows what's in an order marker Mars1912 knows what's in an order marker

Check out the Heroscape map database that IshMEL worked hard on earlier this year. It tried to make maps searchable in many categories. Link in my signature.
Old September 20th, 2014, 07:43 PM

MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby!

I saw IshMEL's database before, but it's not exactly the same kind of tool as my DB will be.

When you upload a map to my DB, dropping an .hsc file on the browser it takes all the info (dimensions, needed pieces...) automatically. Then it will generate the building instructions (pdf and jpg) plus the 3D map.

The spreadsheet is useful, but too hard to update. My goal is to make it simple to share a map, and later see it from any device that can access the web.
Old September 20th, 2014, 08:50 PM

Mars1912 knows what's in an order marker Mars1912 knows what's in an order marker

Sounds great, can't wait to see the final product. You're right about it taking forever to work on that spreadsheet.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software