Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old September 23rd, 2013, 04:42 PM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Reaper Bones Custom Ideas

Molten Lava Field Lava Field ahem.... Please replace all wording in my above posts.
Old September 23rd, 2013, 05:20 PM

Grison rolls all skulls baby! Grison rolls all skulls baby! Grison rolls all skulls baby! Grison rolls all skulls baby! Grison rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranx View Post
Intense Heat
All adjacent same-level terrain pieces are considered Molten lava spaces.

Water Weakness
While in a water space, Burning Aura has no effect on other terrain spaces.

With those abilities your Obsidian Guards could pod around the Obsidian Champion and be able to use Lava Throw.
I like the concept of more mobile Obsidian Guards, but I can see how being surrounded by molten lava is too powerful. Perhaps a combination like the following:

Intense Heat
At the end of each round, treat all adjacent figures as if they were standing on a Lava Field space. Each adjacent figure checks separately for Lava Field damage.

Molten Core
Adjacent Obsidian Guards add 2 to their range.

* Available: Confrontation & other minis for C3V units (various Varks, Cultists, Gnids, etc.) *
My Sale/Trade List
The Orphanage - HS Figure Exchange
(My available/wanted orphans)

Last edited by Grison; September 23rd, 2013 at 05:43 PM.
Old September 23rd, 2013, 05:41 PM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grison View Post
Quote:
Intense Heat

Water Weakness

With those abilities your Obsidian Guards could pod around the Obsidian Champion and be able to use Lava Throw.
Assuming Intense Heat = Burning Aura, I like it! It would be fun to be able to use the Obsidian Guards a bit more freely.
Good catch. I decided that the ability was not really an aura so I changed the name, but forgot to do so in the second ability.

Fixed the mistake in the original post as well as changing it to Lava Field instead of Molten Lava Field.
Old September 23rd, 2013, 05:51 PM

Grison rolls all skulls baby! Grison rolls all skulls baby! Grison rolls all skulls baby! Grison rolls all skulls baby! Grison rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
Quote:
Latest Reaper Bones addition - a Colossal Skeleton
This sculpt is the main reason I pledged this KS, I love it. How did you get the hammer to stay up? Mine wants to stay on the ground.
I cheated: http://www.reapermini.com/forum/inde...n/#entry751786

I saw the above post on the Reaper forums, and decided to give it a try. My technique wasn't as good as the original poster, so I ended up having to do a bit of patching with "green stuff." On the plus side, the embedded wire does a great job of holding the arm in the desired position.

(Originally I was going to leave the hammer on the ground in front of him, since you can position it "between" hexes so that it doesn't really block anyone. I do like the upright position a bit better, though.)

* Available: Confrontation & other minis for C3V units (various Varks, Cultists, Gnids, etc.) *
My Sale/Trade List
Old September 23rd, 2013, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Intense Heat

Water Weakness

I like the concept of more mobile Obsidian Guards, but I can see how being surrounded by molten lava is too powerful. Perhaps a combination like the following:

Intense Heat
At the end of each round, treat all adjacent figures as if they were standing on a Lava Field space. Each adjacent figure checks separately for Lava Field damage.

Molten Core
Adjacent Obsidian Guards add 2 to their range.
Sorry; I edited my response after you replied. What do you think of the above approach? I like the idea that getting close to him is a risk. If you don't kill him, then you're potentially going to have to disengage or take lava field damage.

Admittedly, this punishes melee more than ranged, and the Obsidian Guards already have trouble with ranged. Hmm... I can picture thematically how something made of molten rock would be resistant to bullets and arrows, but "range" encompasses a lot more than that.

My Sale/Trade List
Old September 23rd, 2013, 07:01 PM

@grison

Love the changes. I would probably just give the Obsidian Champion the same terrain effect instead of saying it is similar to Lava Field terrain, but that is just editing. The concept is perfect. You could always field Raelin to help with range.

I have a few designes I am working on with Reaper Bones minis. I am just getting into painting myself. Bangerang and I are working on the large fire elemental and I have painted and started working on cards for all of the new orcs. I will PM you the rough drafts and get pictures up of my painting adventures.
Old September 23rd, 2013, 07:17 PM

Quote:
@grison

Love the changes. I would probably just give the Obsidian Champion the same terrain effect instead of saying it is similar to Lava Field terrain, but that is just editing. The concept is perfect. You could always field Raelin to help with range.

I have a few designes I am working on with Reaper Bones minis. I am just getting into painting myself. Bangerang and I are working on the large fire elemental and I have painted and started working on cards for all of the new orcs. I will PM you the rough drafts and get pictures up of my painting adventures.
Awesome; I look forward to seeing them!

(The reason I used "as if..." for the Lava Field damage instead of changing the adjacent spaces to be Lava Field relates to water, ice, snow, etc. I reasoned that treating those spaces as lava field might seem silly or confusing, and yet I didn't want to exclude them because if you are standing next to him, he's hot no matter what.)

My Sale/Trade List
Old October 5th, 2013, 03:43 AM

Reaper Bones II - Happening Now

Reaper is back with another kickstarter for their Bones line, to add additional figures to their lineup. It started a few days ago and has already topped $1.3 Million.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...rn-of-mr-bones

Yes, they are unpainted, but they are definitely worth checking out. Last year's $100 "Vampire" bundle contained 240 miniatures, and goes for $200 on eBay now or about $500 retail.

The current kickstarter has the $100 "core set" up to 140+ minis so far, with more than three weeks of stretch goals left to go. There are also lots of add-on options, so you can just grab a few extras if you don't want to spend $100. (For example, Kaladrax -- the largest dragon from the previous campaign -- was $10 during the original kickstarter; it now retails for $75.)

In any case, I just wanted to give a heads up in case anyone was interested. As you can see from the photos in this thread, the Bones line has some nice potential for Heroscape customs.

My Sale/Trade List
Old October 5th, 2013, 07:35 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I was in in the first few minutes, unnecessary but impossible to pass up. I still have an extra Vampire and few of the other big dragons. Kaladrax was a steal at $10, it is huge.
Old October 5th, 2013, 10:39 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

So it sounds like getting in on this Kickstarter would be a good way to "invest," since someone like me, who's not interested in painting and such, could resell the big-ticket figures on eBay and more than recoup their investment.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 6th, 2013, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
So it sounds like getting in on this Kickstarter would be a good way to "invest," since someone like me, who's not interested in painting and such, could resell the big-ticket figures on eBay and more than recoup their investment.
There are no guarantees, obviously, but I would think so. Reaper's stance in the new kickstarter is a smart one in that regard. When asked if any of the "Bones 1" minis would be available through the new kickstarter, their reply was, "No. We have those models available at retail now, and have no need to kickstart them again." That preserves the value for Reaper and FLGS's, and it also happens to preserve eBay values as well.

As a company, Reaper is very savvy financially. For the Bones kickstarters, their goal is basically to make a bunch of new molds to expand their line, but make no real profit on the kickstarter itself. That way they can offer an amazing bargain and attract lots of backers -- and thus more capital for new molds -- and defer actual profit on the new figures until they hit the retail stream. They understand that the expanded line will be available forever, so they are better off being generous in the short term if it means they can expand it faster.

My Sale/Trade List
Old October 6th, 2013, 10:41 AM

betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby!

My idea for the green transparent grave wraith.
Great Bleakewoode
Utgar

Undead
Unique Hero
Spirit King
Terrifying
Size: ?- I don't have the figure.

Life: 5
Move: 6
Range: 1
Attack: 3
Defense: 4

Soul Shackle
After moving with Great Bleakewoode, instead of attacking, choose up to three medium squad figures within 4 clear sight spaces of Great Bleakewoode. Roll the 20-sided die for each figure, if you roll a 16 or higher destroy that figure and, if possible, immediately replace it with one of your own previously destroyed common undead figures that has the Stealth Flying special power.

Insubstantial 4
Great Bleakewoode adds 4 additional defense dice when rolling defense against a normal attack from a figure who is not adjacent.

Stealth Flying
When counting spaces for Great Bleakewoode's movement, ignore elevations. Great Bleakewoode may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. When Great Bleakewoode starts to fly, if he is engaged, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards