Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old July 14th, 2018, 02:17 AM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: AYP's Map Thread - Working on ARV Submission

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Nice, I like the changes! You're doing a good job improving each version! Just out of curiosity, did you consider putting a Treasure Glyph in the middle (which may help with the contest theme)? Or Treasure/Power Glyphs at the edges in the swamp water? I don't think they're needed -- I agree it looks like it can function without glyphs and I enjoy glyph-less maps myself -- but I was just wondering what your thoughts there were.
I thought briefly about putting random power glyphs at each side, but decided against it in this version--that's definitely something I'll keep in mind if I end up needing to pull the action out further. The treasure glyph in the middle actually sounds like a pretty good idea, although I worry it might be too much of a risk to grab with the threat of a trap in play. I do kind of like the tension of a hero hopping down into the lava and having to quickly get out, though, and it wouldn't interfere with movement. I think I'll try that out next time I run a game on the map. Thanks!
Old November 5th, 2018, 12:11 AM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: AYP's Map Thread - Red Shift

While messing around with some possible changes to Iconoclast, I found myself working on something slightly different.

Red Shift 1 SotM, 1 FotA, 1 VW

Instructions

Naturally, this map uses the same terrain as Iconoclast and has some similar design elements, but came out different enough to warrant its own name and identity. I have yet to test this map, and there are several concerns I have--mainly considering the glyph and the left path from the Start Zone.

For the glyph, I debated between Gerda and Valda. I decided on the latter in order to make it easier for someone holding the middle to attack forces entrenched on either side. This may not be powerful enough to justify the extremely risky position of the glyph, however.

As for the left hand pathway, I left it unobstructed in order to make the map more difficult to clog up. As is, however, it combines some fairly open sight lines with uneven, dangerous ground that could make it an easy avenue for kiting. I'll have to run some Krav or MW and see how abuseable that is.

For now, though, enjoy! I promise my next map will have some actual openness to it, and not be a mass of pillars and lava, heh.
Old November 5th, 2018, 06:36 PM

Re: AYP's Map Thread - Multiplayer Map! Echidna's Garden

One more map for the time being, since I was in the mood for something a bit different.

Echidna's Garden: 3 RotV, 3 FotA, 2 RttFF, 1 TJ

Instructions
Note: Glyphs are on level 1 water.

This was a fun map to work on, and I'm quite excited to build it. I like multiplayer maps a lot, and this site could always use a few more. I might start focusing more on them in the future, but for now I quite like how this one turned out. If the terrain requirement looks excessive, you may be able to substitute something else for one of the RotV sets. If not, I may consider making a version of this map for use in Online Heroscape, since there are very few multiplayer maps available there.

Last edited by All Your Pie; November 5th, 2018 at 06:47 PM. Reason: made glyphs double-space friendly
Old November 5th, 2018, 09:39 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: AYP's Maps - Multiplayer Map! Echidna's Garden

Now that is what I call a map! I love big multiplayer maps like that totally going to use that sometime

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old November 6th, 2018, 10:03 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Echidna’s Garden looks awesome AYP. We might try to use this one for our next game day. A 4 player FFA is just what the doctor ordered.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old November 6th, 2018, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Now that is what I call a map! I love big multiplayer maps like that totally going to use that sometime
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Echidna’s Garden looks awesome AYP. We might try to use this one for our next game day. A 4 player FFA is just what the doctor ordered.
Thanks for the comments! Let me know if either of you ever play on it, I'd love to hear how it went.
Old January 6th, 2019, 06:17 AM

tolchock is surprisingly tart
Re: AYP's Map Thread - Multiplayer Map! Echidna's Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Your Pie View Post
One more map for the time being, since I was in the mood for something a bit different.

Echidna's Garden: 3 RotV, 3 FotA, 2 RttFF, 1 TJ

Instructions
Note: Glyphs are on level 1 water.

This was a fun map to work on, and I'm quite excited to build it. I like multiplayer maps a lot, and this site could always use a few more. I might start focusing more on them in the future, but for now I quite like how this one turned out. If the terrain requirement looks excessive, you may be able to substitute something else for one of the RotV sets. If not, I may consider making a version of this map for use in Online Heroscape, since there are very few multiplayer maps available there.
That map looks really cool. Seems to be perfect for this https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=55461 game mode that I am eager to test!

Do you have any other similar maps, or seen any similiar? Myabe for 3, and 5 players?
Old January 6th, 2019, 05:12 PM

Dignan's Multiplayer Maps are a good source for 3 and 4 player builds. I've tooled around with 3 player maps myself but haven't come up with anything I'm entirely happy with yet. Something of that nature may hit this thread eventually though.

5 player maps will be much tougher to find, I can't recall any myself. I've freebuilt one for scenario play that was 4v1 but creating one for a free-for-all would be much trickier.
Old February 10th, 2019, 03:03 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Echidna's Garden is the best 4-player free-for-all (vs. team-style) map on these boards, in my opinion. The protruding start zones make the flow on the rest of the map so much smoother than it normally is.

As a guy who sometimes runs multiplayer free for all tournaments, I would consider this map an auto-include for that format. Good job, AYP.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 10th, 2019, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Echidna's Garden is the best 4-player free-for-all (vs. team-style) map on these boards, in my opinion. The protruding start zones make the flow on the rest of the map so much smoother than it normally is.

As a guy who sometimes runs multiplayer free for all tournaments, I would consider this map an auto-include for that format. Good job, AYP.
Wow, thank you so much! I'm beginning to think multiplayer maps are much more my core competency than 1v1s, heh. I suppose I need to get back into this, I haven't messed around with mapmaking in a while.
Old February 10th, 2019, 08:52 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Well, it is a much less crowded field. Though I *do* think there is a demand for it, I don't know how many pure 4-player FFA style maps there are. I do know that @Dignan designs his multiplayer maps for team play, because that's how they do multiplayer in the Lone Star State, though some of his excellent maps also serve the FFA events.

I'd be interested to see what else you came up with. You could keep working the protruding start zone angle, and see what you came up with.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios