Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion
Marvel Discussion General discussion, units, rules & FAQs specific to Marvel HS

Notices

Old November 24th, 2015, 09:58 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Rank Your Favorite Superhero Movies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Dredd's a top-middle tier for me.
You are good people Aldin!

Side note: Flash has a great soundtrack but is slightly edged out by Highlander. "Who wants to live forever?"

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old November 24th, 2015, 08:47 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post
What, no love for... Flash Gordon? With the best soundtrack in the history of ever?

Also, my version of Moore's Law: do not see any adaptation of an Alan Moore book if you have read it first.
I read Watchmen first, but I still really enjoy the movie. I think it's really underrated.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 25th, 2015, 10:55 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Too bad they cut out Tales of the Black Freighter.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old December 14th, 2015, 11:36 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Alright, Top Twenty, Live Action only:
The top five could have been in any order as I see them as nearly flawless films adapting comic books; I based them solely on the lead actor to differentiate. The rest all had an inherent flaw, but were very watchable and enjoyable. Somewhere in there they become less so.
  1. Ironman - C'mon, how could anyone beat RJD out for a better fit?
  2. Captain America: Winter Soldier - the impressive ensemble cast and fantastic story pushed this slightly ahead of its predecessor.
  3. Captain America - It is the first perfect origin story Hollywood has ever told. Throw in an amazing casting of Red Skull and some smaller parts that were really played by characters that now own the parts (Peggy Carter and Howard Stark)? Fantastic!
  4. Batman - I feel like this movie sold Hollywood on sinking big budgets into comic book movies. Yes, Marvel would only come later, but Burton just hit this out of the park. So much of what he did carried over to later comics movies. (big actors as villains, off kilter or nobodies as the title character, big sets, big gadgets, big special effects, etc.)
  5. The Dark Knight - This only finishes here because I strongly dislike Christian Bale's Batman. Midway through this movie, I just lost interest in him. I also dislike the character of Rachel Dawes, however she was played masterfully by Maggie Gyllenhaal.
  6. Superman 2: the Richard Donner Cut - it takes nearly every goofy thing about the original and fixes it. Most of this movie can stand the test of time, however Superman's spandex looked out of place next to the Kryptonian criminals attire even back then and only looks more so today.
  7. Ant-Man - Literally, my only issue with this movie is that the villain is meh as a character and they used one of Pym's alter egos rather than a real story-line villain or being creative. However, it worked so I can't fault them too much.
  8. Guardians of the Galaxy - OK, maybe I am being to nitpicky, but I hated the way they did the Nova Corps and didn't feel that Gamora was very well portrayed, not when you compare the film version to the BA that she is in the comics. Great movie, better than expected, possibly should be higher on this list, but I can't forgive those two things.
  9. Spider-man 2 - This movie suffers from the same flaw as its predecessor, Kirsten Dunst. I never really believed her as Mary Jane (Mary Jane was a world renown model and an actress, Dunst could pull off the actress, but she is NO model) and I thought her chemistry with Toby was crap. This movie was amazing in every other way though, so it sits here.
  10. Spider-man - In addition to the aforementioned Kirsten Dunst, this movie also suffers from one of the worst costumes ever. Willem Dafoe was awesome, and he almost made up for the costume, but Alfred Molina was both great and looked great, so Spidey comes in second to his sequel.
  11. Avengers - First great ensemble piece from Hollywood, IMO. Story was good but not great and Cap's uniform sucked, but this was wildly fun and very re-watchable.
  12. X-Men: Days of Future Past - I really enjoyed this movie, but I was extremely disappointed by the Sentinels. The original model wasn't horrible, but wasn't even as good as the Danger Room version seen in X3. The future version might as well have been an amorphous blob because it was terrible. Costumes were great, actors were great, story was great.
  13. Superman - It made me believe a man could fly. So many lines I love, also it made Luthor a viable opponent even though he and Superman never actually tangled. Amazingly well executed throughout...until the end. From the point Lois "dies" this movie is nearly unwatchable. Richard Donner's vision would have saved the sequel, but I can see why they decided to part ways after that blunder. Actually, if you fast forward to when he saves Lois (never explaining how he manages to be two places at once or run into his future self) it's pretty good again.
  14. Avengers 2: Age of Ultron - Everything about this movie screamed hit. From the opening scene through the collapse of the "could be anywhere in the Eastern Bloc" country it was very enjoyable. Flawless? No. Besides a few plot holes, it was good because we got some character development for Hawkeye and Black Widow, the two least developed team members. My big issue was killing off Ultron. Why would anyone do that? Ultron is the Energizer Bunny of Avenger's Villains, and he'd just been masterfully created. Why throw that away so quickly. His death/destruction served no purpose plot-wise. What a waste.
  15. X-Men: First Class - Initially I docked this movie for the lackluster cast of hero and villain recruits, then I realized that they were meant to be non-memorable as evidenced by the fact that almost none of them appear in Days of Future Past.
  16. Batman 2 - This one scores major points, IMO, for managing to have multiple villains (2 or 3 depending who you ask), and making them all feel relevant and not just add ins. People tend to forget that Christopher Walken is in this movie. Can you have a better villain than that? However, this movie fell on its keister with the cheesing action scenes and the mostly bad ending (the final convo between Batman and Catwoman isn't horrible like the rest.) Unfortunately, I think the ending spelled the end for Burton and the beginning for Schumacher, which nearly killed the franchise.
  17. Watchmen - Some may ask why this is so low on my list and I would agree except for two things, the movie lacked the humanity of Dr. Manhattan which the comics had, and the movie barely covered Ozymandias. Both could have used more character development, which could have been saved for a Director's Cut, but we didn't get it. I'm probably one of the few who preferred the movie's end to the comic's, but that still wasn't enough to save it. Still, great story and very faithful adaption.
  18. Batman Begins - This movie is why Hollywood should never tell a Batman origin story again. However, it suffers from two things: Cillian Murphy as the Scarecrow and Katie Holmes. Everything else was awesome, but I hated Murphy's portrayal of the Scarecrow and everytime Holmes was on screen the Dawson's Creek theme song played in my head. Bad ju-ju.
  19. X-2: X-Men United - Probably the best of the early bunch, but its held back by some of the cast. Overall, its fun, but Pyro, Mystique, and Rogue were pretty lame. Also, who didn't see Jean coming back as Phoenix in the next one?
  20. X-Men - I initially loved this movie, but the hair and some the costumes look really bad now when you rewatch it. Also, though their make-up was good, Sabretooth and Toad were just there. Lastly, the fight scenes were meh. Some of the dialogue was really bad, but any movie that makes my mom want to go to the theater to see the sequel had to make my list.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old December 16th, 2015, 11:59 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
[*]Ant-Man - Literally, my only issue with this movie is that the villain is meh as a character and they used one of Pym's alter egos rather than a real story-line villain or being creative. However, it worked so I can't fault them too much.
Kind of a minor nitpick, but Darren Cross is an actual villain from the comics, although he was never Yellowjacket. He was Scott Lang's first supervillain. Thanks to the movie influence, he's made a reemergence in Nick Spencer's currently-ongoing Ant-Man book (which I highly recommend).

I thought that, given the generation-skip approach to the Ant-Men with Hank as a retired mentor figure, using a form of Yellowjacket as the villain was actually a very clever move. Combining that with the not-much-to-work-with Darren Cross character felt like a smart way to amalgamate a couple of villains into something new that fit the movie (though I agree that the end result could have been stronger).
Old December 16th, 2015, 07:45 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Yeah, but he was similar to the comics character in name only really. Yes, they were both rich CEOs, but comics would have you believe that you can't throw a stick in the United States without hitting one of those. The rest was totally different. And I did mention that it totally worked, I just hate when Hollywood thinks that they can create better characters than these long standing, well supported, beloved creations of Marvel and DC.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

RIP George Perez
Old December 16th, 2015, 08:04 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Major reasons I'm not a lover of Iron Man 3 right there (more so for AIM even than Mandarin).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

Old December 17th, 2015, 12:02 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
And I did mention that it totally worked, I just hate when Hollywood thinks that they can create better characters than these long standing, well supported, beloved creations of Marvel and DC.
I think sometimes they can. Creating Phil Coulson added something to the Marvel mythos, more-so than I think doing a version of Henry Gyrich (or whomever) would have added to the movies.

I do feel you, though. I don't think they should run around making big changes to what works. I wouldn't be a very happy camper if they tried to pull an original villain in, say, a Spider-Man movie.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion