Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old June 27th, 2017, 04:30 PM

DewNoHarm is surprisingly tart
Re: Utah monthly

Here's my battle report for the June monthly. First of all, thanks to @Leaf_It for setting up and running the tournament.

The June format was a challenge to plan for – unlimited hexes with fewer points (450). I also knew that it was also my last monthly that I’ll be able to attend for a while because my wife is going to have a baby. I wanted to make this monthly count. I knew that I had to bring my favorite unit, which is also one that I had not used at a monthly before.

I love 4th Massachusetts line. They are my favorite squad unit to play (my favorite hero unit is –probably Eltahale). It took me a while to figure out how to unlock the 4th’s “A-level” potential (for a long time I thought that heroscapers was just wrong about them), but once I got it, they were a lot of fun. So what to pair with the 4th? 450 points stopped me from bringing one of my favorite builds – KoW, Sir Gilbert, and 3 squads of 4th. So I went with a different tack – Captain America.

My army:

“The Patriots”

@The Dewk suggested the name)

3 x 4th Massachusetts line (210), Captain America (430)

I saw lots of advantages of pairing 3 squads of 4th Massachusetts with Cap. The 4th get their valiant defense bonus. Order marker management is simple, but still flexible based on the board’s situation. The 4th and Cap get multiple attacks per order marker no matter where the placement of the order marker. Captain America can take out higher defense heroes, and his special attack can get those pesky units that have tripped me up in the past (e.g., Deathreavers, Mezzodemons, etc.). Captain America has counterstrike with 6 defense – useful in the typical melee heavy “Utah Meta”. Finally, if I could keep Captain America close to the 4th, he could buff their attack. This would free me from worrying about using Wait then Fire. In all, there were lots of reasons to pair Captain America with the 4th.

I realize that the 4th Mass line and Captain America are an A-level combination, and I hesitated to bring such a build, but it turns out it was a good call to do so. I had to take on Q9, Braxas, Stingers, the Raelin-backed Krav Maga Agents & Minions of Utgar, and the combination of Sir Gilbert/KoW. Some really powerful builds came out to play this month!

Round 1 Vs @The Dewk on the map “Mayberry”.

Spoiler Alert!

Round 2 Vs Ben on the map “April”.

Spoiler Alert!

Round 3 Vs. @Isak on “Quasatch Playground”

Spoiler Alert!

Round 4 Vs. @Saints_Wrath on “Platypus”

Spoiler Alert!

So in all, 3 of the 4 games could have easily gone either way. They all ended really close (usually with only one or two lives left). Close games are nerve wracking for me, but I’ve decided that I agree with @The Dewk . Win or lose, I wouldn’t have a heroscape game end any other way.

EDIT: We realized after the tournament that Isamu shouldn't have gotten his Dishonerable Attack dice against Captain America. Captain America doesn't follow Jandar ...

Last edited by DewNoHarm; August 7th, 2017 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Errors on the callouts/More information
Old June 27th, 2017, 04:36 PM

The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
Great turn out everyone, thanks for coming. See you all next month.
I had a ton of fun! My first time bringing an all-hero army to a tournament (and a no-figure limit tournament at that) was a success, as far as fun goes!

I see there is already a battle report! Hahaha amazing Battle Report, @DewNoHarm . I'm glad you didn't concede your second game - never concede at a monthly! You never know if Isamu is going to destroy nearly 200 points of units or not! I hope to see more reports, especially from you, @Leaf_It , the only player to truly take advantage of the no figure limit! And thanks for organizing June.

Next month's format details are up!

Last edited by The Dewk; June 27th, 2017 at 06:36 PM.
Old June 27th, 2017, 06:34 PM

The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby!

UTAH MONTHLY JULY 2017

When: July 29th, 11 AM

Cost: $5 (100% of entries will go to prize support. And donating prizes is always quite welcome, of course!)

Format: Gen Con Main Event Prep

This month's format came up with itself! Those from our region who are travelling to Gen Con for fortune and glory will have a chance to hone their skills a few weeks before the journey. The rest of us will just have a good old time! Taken from Day 2 of the main event, rounds 1 and 3 will be "reverse the whip" (using your opponent's army), while rounds 2 and 4 will have you playing with your own army as normal. Should be a great time!
ALSO, in the spirit of Gen Con, we are going to have the best prize support we have seen yet at our monthlies! One should never be in it for the prizes, but if you are deep down, this month will not be one you want to miss!

- 450 point armies
- 18 figure limit
- No SoV & C3V allowed, no Marvel allowed. Just classic 'scape!
- Glyphs: Healer, D20, Unique Attack, Wound, Move, Initiative
- Four 55 minute rounds, no time limit on last round
- Rounds 1 and 3 are "reverse the whip" ie. you'll be swapping your army with your opponent's!

Maps (Pretty much just cut and pasted from the Gen Con Event Thread!)

Standings & Army Builds
Spoiler Alert!

PLEASE POST IF YOU’LL BE IN ATTENDANCE. It helps the logistics of a lot of things.

Last edited by The Dewk; July 30th, 2017 at 12:40 PM.
Old June 27th, 2017, 06:59 PM

BryanBlaze Woo who?

I had a blast, thanks for hosting, maybe by next time I'll have a prize to donate for you all.

I know the guy hosting Game Con, in July 7-8, maybe he will add HeroScape to the list of tabletop games, would that interest you guys?.. haha of course it would! I'll send him a message.. :P Maybe I could say one of you guys will lead it if that's what it will take?.. Hmmmm

*** SO I ASKED AS I WAS TYPING THIS UP AND HE REPLIED ***

If anyone of you are willing to run the tournament or do a free play thing at GAME CON on JULY 7-8 you'll want to email my friend Jake. Even offered to add some prizes for it.

His email:
Jake@saltlakegamingcon.com

We could promote it to the other scapers on here, and close by to make it huge! Perhaps we could even get our new friend Chris from AllThingsHeroscape.com to help sponsor/promote to make it bigger, and he could make some sort of deal for those that attend or whatever he may up for to get himself some more biz, haha..

Even though I'm doing a fire gig on the 8th. On July 29th I'm scheduled to be in a study, so I may not make next month, unless I get this other job I'm applying for. Wish me luck!

- Bryan Blaze

---> Check out my viral fire performance videos on YouTube!
The Human Dragon - 176k+ VIEWS
Helium Fire 8k Resolution - 256K+ VIEWS
Old June 27th, 2017, 07:29 PM

DewNoHarm is surprisingly tart

Thanks @The Dewk . I guess I'm to used to chess. Tipping over the king when you see that you can't win is the polite thing to do. I guess Heroscape having the element of chance built in is something that chess doesn't. You can always make a come back in heroscape, even if you have lost 1/2 (or even more) of your armies' points!
Old June 28th, 2017, 05:56 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dewk View Post
Quote:
Great turn out everyone, thanks for coming. See you all next month.
I had a ton of fun! My first time bringing an all-hero army to a tournament (and a no-figure limit tournament at that) was a success, as far as fun goes!

I see there is already a battle report! Hahaha amazing Battle Report, @DewNoHarm . I'm glad you didn't concede your second game - never concede at a monthly! You never know if Isamu is going to destroy nearly 200 points of units or not! I hope to see more reports, especially from you, @Leaf_It , the only player to truly take advantage of the no figure limit! And thanks for organizing June.

Next month's format details are up!
I'm afraid I don't remember most of the games very well because I was too worried about making sure everything flowed right. Running a tournament was a little more stressful than I thought it6 would be. It was fun though, and if I do it again, I'll be better prepared. The only game I remember well enough to give a battle report on was my last game against you Dewk. Kick dirt guy was a Hero amongst Orcs.

This next tournament isn't quite what I was expecting. I'm not sure how I feel about "no C3V", as that's what really got me to feel like getting back into Heroscape, but the format is interesting... I may have to reveal my final form of 18 Drow Chain Fighters, and nothing else. On the off chance we have more than 14 players like we did this last month (there were 16 of us, and if 4 of my friends hadn't crapped out, it would have been more), I suggest we add 1 more map to the pool. I recommend Bountiful Grove, and I will bring it myself if you approve.
Old June 28th, 2017, 10:20 AM

Quote:
I'm afraid I don't remember most of the games very well because I was too worried about making sure everything flowed right. Running a tournament was a little more stressful than I thought it6 would be. It was fun though, and if I do it again, I'll be better prepared. The only game I remember well enough to give a battle report on was my last game against you Dewk. Kick dirt guy was a Hero amongst Orcs.

This next tournament isn't quite what I was expecting. I'm not sure how I feel about "no C3V", as that's what really got me to feel like getting back into Heroscape, but the format is interesting... I may have to reveal my final form of 18 Drow Chain Fighters, and nothing else. On the off chance we have more than 14 players like we did this last month (there were 16 of us, and if 4 of my friends hadn't crapped out, it would have been more), I suggest we add 1 more map to the pool. I recommend Bountiful Grove, and I will bring it myself if you approve.
Haha of the 4 monthlies you've attended, you've only elected to use SoV/C3V units a single time... I think you'll be okay this lone month where they won't be used, especially if 18 Chainfighters has always been a dream of yours

I'm 100% cool with Bountiful Grove if we need an additional map. Players RSVPing will tell us if we need it or not! So with that said, everyone should post if they are going to attend!!
Old June 28th, 2017, 10:28 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

18 Drow Chainfighters. wow. @Leaf it, I do remember that you love your drow figures.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old June 28th, 2017, 12:16 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
On the off chance we have more than 14 players like we did this last month (there were 16 of us, and if 4 of my friends hadn't crapped out, it would have been more), I suggest we add 1 more map to the pool. I recommend Bountiful Grove, and I will bring it myself if you approve.
It's up to @The Dewk , but I would suggest you keep the map pool to the current selection per it is Gen Con Prep and armies can be based off of the map selection....just have multiples of a couple of the maps.

P.s I plan on being there, put maybes for @podunksarmy and @Saints_Wrath until I confirm with them.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old June 28th, 2017, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:
On the off chance we have more than 14 players like we did this last month (there were 16 of us, and if 4 of my friends hadn't crapped out, it would have been more), I suggest we add 1 more map to the pool. I recommend Bountiful Grove, and I will bring it myself if you approve.
It's up to @The Dewk , but I would suggest you keep the map pool to the current selection per it is Gen Con Prep and armies can be based off of the map selection....just have multiples of a couple of the maps.

P.s I plan on being there, put maybes for @podunksarmy and @Saints_Wrath until I confirm with them.
Ah, that is a good point! That is how it is done at Gen Con, and we do want to keep it authentic. But first, we'll need to determine if we'll even need more than 8 maps. Thanks for RSVPing, as usual!
Old June 28th, 2017, 05:55 PM

Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby!

I have bad news..... Unfortunately I will be in Spokane, Washington that entire week and through the 29th, so neither myself nor Cannon will be in attendance. I'm going to try to get some of my group to show up, but with out myself being there no promises. Also I'd love to get some of my jungle terrain on the prize table, so hang tight and we'll see what happens. I'm seriously so bummed out about this....

H E R O S C A P E
Old June 28th, 2017, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaperedude View Post
I have bad news..... Unfortunately I will be in Spokane, Washington that entire week and through the 29th, so neither myself nor Cannon will be in attendance. I'm going to try to get some of my group to show up, but with out myself being there no promises. Also I'd love to get some of my jungle terrain on the prize table, so hang tight and we'll see what happens. I'm seriously so bummed out about this....
But how will you, @BiggaBullfrog , and I keep our rock/paper/scissors triangle of wins and losses going?? And no nemesis either?? Yes, your idea of having some of your jungle terrain present is a good idea to keep us from falling into chaos!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events