Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old July 7th, 2009, 08:02 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Sherman Davies' Lord of the Rings customs - update 7/7

Boy, this guy really can't take a hint, can he? You can tell they're the same pereson because:
a) they say that they don't know much about something.
b) they suck up and try and pretend to be good members.
c) the most important: They are soon banned.
Old July 7th, 2009, 10:51 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpiusx View Post
However, you may want to be more specific with the "Horn of Gondor" ability. Like, say that you can move two units that you control up to 4 spaces each, or can move them their normal move listed on their card.

-scorp
Hmm... interesting point. I tried to word the power to be a clear case of "do what the card says, not what it doesn't." To me, if the power says to "move 2 figures you control," then it's implicit that those figures move their normal move, as if they were taking a turn.

What does everyone else think?
Old July 7th, 2009, 11:23 PM

Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I tried to think of some examples from 'Scape. With Agent Skahen, the card is specific about the number of spaces the figures may move (4). It also specifies that they must be within a certain number ( 8 ) of clear sight spaces. With the Nakitas, their card also specifies the number of spaces (7), but does not require clear sight.
Old July 9th, 2009, 10:20 AM

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossman View Post
I tried to think of some examples from 'Scape. With Agent Skahen, the card is specific about the number of spaces the figures may move (4). It also specifies that they must be within a certain number ( 8 ) of clear sight spaces. With the Nakitas, their card also specifies the number of spaces (7), but does not require clear sight.
Good point, but those are all instances where the ability is intentionally limited. Even the Nakitas' Gorillinator bonding is limited by preventing the Gorillinators from getting road bonuses. Horn of Gondor is intended to work from any range, allowing figures to rush to Boromir's aid using whatever movement they have. Hmmm... I dunno, maybe I'll change the wording to "move any 2 figures you control as normal," even though I think it's redundant.

I've also updated Lurtz's card on the first page. I noticed that his Foul Strike power didn't specify that the Orcs and Uruk-Hai around his target need to be ones controlled by Lurtz's player, so I fixed it.
Old July 9th, 2009, 10:42 AM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Just wanted to chime in and say that the Last Stand ability for Boromir is very cool. It is very thematic and unique. I like that it means you can't really waste an OM on him if he gets destroyed before taking a turn with him.

Good job!
Old July 9th, 2009, 03:35 PM

Thanks for the kind words! Yeah, I especially like that if Boromir's down to his last wound markers at the beginning of a round, you can go berserk with him without worrying about him dying.

I recently got some new figures in a trade with johngee (thanks again, John!) so here's a unique squad that I've been working on that should fit right in with Vanillascape:

Old July 12th, 2009, 01:16 AM

Here's another unique squad of elite warriors drafted from Middle Earth into the Battle for Valhalla:

I'm not too crazy about the photos I took for these guys - my superhero customs have all used Heroclix photos from the Wizkids official site, and my other miscellaneous customs have always used pics I grabbed from the internet, but I just couldn't find satisfactory pictures of these guys online. Most photos of figs from the LotR minis game are from an overhead angle in order to show the stats on the bases, which made them difficult to use in my card, but I think my photos came out too bright. Oh well - practice makes perfect, I guess.

EDIT: Took new, darker pictures and redid the card. Much happier with the aesthetic now.

Last edited by Sherman Davies; July 12th, 2009 at 10:28 PM.
Old July 15th, 2009, 09:28 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
I recently got some new figures in a trade with johngee (thanks again, John!) so here's a unique squad that I've been working on that should fit right in with Vanillascape: <-snip->
NOO PROBLEEM MON! I like what you are doing (this is a GREAT post) ans was glad to help out and be a small part of it. I only wish I had more time to attempt some of the very creative ideas that this community has been demonstrating and sharing with us less talented mere-mortals.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old July 17th, 2009, 02:26 AM

Re: Sherman Davies' Lord of the Rings customs - update 7/12

Here's another custom squad I've been working on, now that I've got enough High Elf Spearman minis to form a squad:

I decided that a "first strike" ability was more suited to the elves than the orcs, so I gave these guys the ability and renamed it Spear Wall. The Mordor Orcs will eventually get something a little more aggressive when I'm done with them. One thing I like about the power is that it encourages their opponents to attack them from the flanks of their formation, so that they're not subjected to as many free attacks from the elves.

I came up with the Elvish March power so that the elves could get into engagement faster without actually giving them a 6 move, which I thought was a bit fast for figures with such prominent shields and armor. I also wanted something that would encourage players to keep them in a tight formation, much like the Roman Legionnaires.

Last edited by Sherman Davies; July 17th, 2009 at 02:35 AM.
Old July 18th, 2009, 10:50 PM

Re: Sherman Davies' Lord of the Rings customs - update 7/12

Quote:
The Mordor Orcs will eventually get something a little more aggressive when I'm done with them.
As promised, here is the Mordor Orcs squad that I've been working on. Now my Fellowship has some fodder to cut through.

Old July 22nd, 2009, 01:21 AM

Re: Sherman Davies' Lord of the Rings customs - update 7/18

Got a bunch of figures in that I ordered from BigCoinCollectibles, an ebay store specializing in the LotR TMG, so I've been working on the figures that I got in the lot. Here's the first one, Eomer of Rohan:

I designed him to help address the Templar Cavalry's biggest weakness, their vulnerability to ranged attacks in proportion to their cost. I wanted something that would make the Templars more viable in games, but without resorting to bonding. Note that my wording of his Rohirrim Defense ability assumes that you are using the white combat dice or Flagbearer dice, not the blue defense dice from the first edition RotV.

Last edited by Sherman Davies; July 22nd, 2009 at 01:29 AM.
Old July 22nd, 2009, 08:58 AM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!
Re: Sherman Davies' Lord of the Rings customs - update 7/18

Quote:
Got a bunch of figures in that I ordered from BigCoinCollectibles, an ebay store specializing in the LotR TMG, so I've been working on the figures that I got in the lot. Here's the first one, Eomer of Rohan:

I designed him to help address the Templar Cavalry's biggest weakness, their vulnerability to ranged attacks in proportion to their cost. I wanted something that would make the Templars more viable in games, but without resorting to bonding. Note that my wording of his Rohirrim Defense ability assumes that you are using the white combat dice or Flagbearer dice, not the blue defense dice from the first edition RotV.
Great job with Rohirrim Defense. I think you did well in boosting the Templars without resroting to bonding. The wording maybe could be a little streamlined. Perhaps this...

Rohirrim Defense
When rolling defense dice with any large Human figure you control within 6 clear sight spaces of Eomer, any blanks rolled count as shields. Eomer is affected by Rohirrim Defense.

I think you have some of the best LOTR customs out there. Keep it up!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards