Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Notices

Old April 27th, 2014, 09:08 AM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Dragon King video coming soon!

I just finished watching the puddle-jumping battle. It was awesome! I was very much surprised by the ending.

Hmm, all I have to say about the dragon king video is this: Whoever doesn't have the Nhah Scrih had better watch out.

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs
Old April 28th, 2014, 02:25 PM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Dragon King video coming soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maklar the Silver Prince View Post
I just finished watching the puddle-jumping battle. It was awesome! I was very much surprised by the ending.

Hmm, all I have to say about the dragon king video is this: Whoever doesn't have the Nhah Scrih had better watch out.
Well, I guess the both of us need to watch out

My army: Braxas, Axegrinders x2, Darrak Ambershard, Guilty, Isamu
450 pts, 13 hexes

Andy's army: Charos, Greenscales x2, Otanashi, Major X17
440 pts, 10 hexes

We didn't even draft the cultists... I feel like there was quite a bit of competition for the spot of "melee core" between greenies, dwarves, and cultists, all of them are fantastic for this format, with their synergies for/against dragons.

I probably would have taken cultists had he taken any dragon but Charos. Since he doesn't have SA, I decided the fearless advantage of dwarves would be better.

There will be four permanent glyphs on the map, they will be randomly taken from this pile: Rannveig (wind glyph, I forgot the spelling,) Wannok (wound glyph,) Gerda (def +1 glyph,) Ulinava (unique attack +1 glyph,) Lodin (D20 +1 glyph,) Dagmar (initiative +8 glyph)

Time for predictions! Which dragon will die first, and give his opponent victory?
Old April 28th, 2014, 04:48 PM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Come predict Dragon King battle!

Yes, I forgot to mention: unless the opponent has Charos.

Anyhow, I think your army matches up better to Andy's army. Braxas will can destroy everybody but Charos, and then the Dwarves can finish him. However, Braxas is a rather delicate dragon, unlike Charos, so be careful...

Old April 29th, 2014, 11:23 PM

MrHscape is surprisingly tart
Re: Come predict Dragon King battle!

I think you will pull through on this one Brandon. Like Maklar said, Braxas can destroy everything expect for Charos. However, that being said, I have never seen the axe grinders or green scales used before. I don't own any and am unaware of there abilities. I could look them up but I would rather see the two squads in action!

Check out my YouTube channel if you have time
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrHscape
Old May 3rd, 2014, 09:32 AM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Dragon King Video Up! Watch!

Dragon King video is now up!

Battle 4: Dragon King on Serpentine!

It's quite a nail biter! Runs at just about 30 minutes, it almost felt like cake to edit compared to the last couple that were so long...

Again, thanks for requesting, Maklar! It was good fun!

Let's hear some thoughts!
Old May 3rd, 2014, 01:54 PM

Great battle from brandon as usual! Nice job!

Old May 3rd, 2014, 02:50 PM

I'm glad you had fun with the battle. The video was great, as usual. I think the battle would have been different had you used Braxas differently. I really didn't see the battle ending the way it was. Good job, you surprised me!

Old May 3rd, 2014, 04:26 PM

Quote:
I'm glad you had fun with the battle. The video was great, as usual. I think the battle would have been different had you used Braxas differently. I really didn't see the battle ending the way it was. Good job, you surprised me!
Yeah, after playing the game, I realize I should have mixed OMs throughout the game on Axegrinders and Braxas, so that I could have melted the darn Greenscales and sent the dwarves after Charos. I totally wasted Braxas' breath this game, but then again, neither of us really had squad heavy armies. What I really should have done was take Nilf or Quahon... Lightning breath would have been epic against greenies trying to stay within 2 spaces of Charos to get that +1 atk/def bonus... and Nilf/Quahon have 6 attack, less fear of counter strike.

I also wish I would have grabbed the third set of dwarves for 70 and NOT Darrak+Isamu for 70. That game was my first time using the dwarves, I was impressed with them! They work well even without a hero, I think I may prefer them hero-less, actually! I don't have any in my collection, but my brother in law has x3 or x4. I would buy x3 of them if they weren't freaking $30 a squad...

Last edited by Unhinged Manchild; May 3rd, 2014 at 04:33 PM.
Old May 8th, 2014, 03:13 PM

Re: "Frankenscape" battle, prediction time!

Wow, I've been really churning these videos out, huh? I have some bad news, my wife is having surgery in about two weeks, I will probably not be making videos for a decent chunk of time after that, because I will be taking care of her!

Anyway, for the next battle, we are doing a sort of "Frankenscape" map, where my brother in law will build one half of the map, and I will build the other half of the map, and then we will bring them together when we play and attach the two halves to make a full map!

EDIT: Ahh, here is a picture of what we will use as the "base template" for our two halves. The road cannot be covered up by anything, to give melee a better chance at getting around the map.

This is going to be a wacky looking map when we combine our two parts together!

We are playing draft pool, each player brings 600 pts, and we draft 450 pts for our army! Here is the pool: (1190 points total)

Feral Troll, Marcu, Stingers x2, Isamu, Zombies x3, C3V's Havech Eradicators x2, Guilty, Kaemon Awa, Otanashi, Dumutef Guard x2, Wolves of Badru x3, Werewolf Lord.

Here are our armies!

Wiker - Stingers x2, Feral troll, Isamu, Otanashi, Guilty, Zombies x3- 440 pts, 20 hexes

Andy - Havech Eradicators x2, Kaemon Awa, Marcu, Dumutef Guard x2, Wolves of Badru- 450 pts, 15 hexes

Let's hear some educated guesses on which player will win!

Last edited by Unhinged Manchild; May 8th, 2014 at 03:57 PM.
Old May 8th, 2014, 05:01 PM

I'm gonna have to go with Frankenstein's buddies the Zombies of Morindan here. I think you have a slightly better army here, Wiker. The Havech Eradicators just don't match up with the Stingers, and zombies are zombies. Just watch out for Kaemon Awa.

Old May 12th, 2014, 09:12 AM

Quote:
I'm gonna have to go with Frankenstein's buddies the Zombies of Morindan here. I think you have a slightly better army here, Wiker. The Havech Eradicators just don't match up with the Stingers, and zombies are zombies. Just watch out for Kaemon Awa.
Woohoo, I love that you're always in my camp, lol.

Well, some news for everyone, I couldn't record this game, we were running late and had to make it quick! We played Heat of Battle!

PICTURE! (It looks small here? Try clicking it to get a bigger image!)

THIS is not the order in which we dropped figures, this is just how I feel like explaining the picture, lol!
Andy's two sets of Eradicators are close to the middle of the map, kind of upper left-ish, one set on the bridge, and one on the lower ground, covered up by the jungle stuff. I have stingers on the bridge in the middle, and the other set is way at the bottom left in the trees. Kaemon Awa is by the upper right treasure glyph, behind the dumutef guard.The wolves are toward the middle of the map, in the shadows, just above where the troll is. Zombies are in the bottom right by Marcu, they are also in the upper right by Isamu, a dumutef and Kaemon, and they are at the bottom left by the stingers, otanashi, and a dumutef.

Four treasure glyphs on the map, one at each corner (the one at the top left is concealed by the jungle bush, and the one at the bottom right is blocked by the little one hex rock, it is right by Marcu, though) and two permanent glyphs, a bit closer to the center of the map!

I did take pictures between rounds, I will be putting up a text play by play of the game, hopefully within a day or two. I will also attempt to include the pictures. Keep your eyes peeled!
Old May 13th, 2014, 12:23 AM

Nice! I love how the map ended up being so random. I think the idea is awesome. (mind if I use it some time lol) Anyway, it looks to me that you will probably pull off the victory. Those stingers look deadly on the bridge with their height. With a range of 5 they can hit many of the figures across the map. If you get the drain you could be rolling 5 against a lot of those figures... Like I said, deadly.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports