Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old November 8th, 2010, 11:53 PM
Let me help you play with yourself!

Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Suggestions for the C3V Design Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiyu0707 View Post
I was thinking something more like this:

Lightning Breath Special Attack
Range 4 + Special. Attack 3.
Choose a figure to attack. You may also choose one other figure within 3 clear spaces of the first targeted figure and a second other figure within 2 clear sight spaces of the second targeted figure to be affected by Lighting Breath Special Attack. Roll attack dice once for both figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. Lightning Breath Special Attack does not affect destructible objects.
While I like your thinking from an aesthetic point of view, I was afraid that a potential 9 range was just too much. The way I have it, it can be either less or more useful than Nilfheim's attack, depending on the situation. Also, I thought allowing it to affect destructible objects made it more than the Wyrmling's power, though this is less important to me than the point of range.
Its only 3 attack versus Nilfheims 4, so the range can be justified, considering there actually has to be the figures along the way. I feel two bouncing with an attack of 4 from the original target is too close to Nilfheim.

And I'm pretty sure the point of not affecting destructible objects is so you can't bounce into the inside of a castle.
Old November 9th, 2010, 12:04 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Good point about the castle.

Old November 9th, 2010, 12:52 AM

mrkurtb knows what's in an order marker mrkurtb knows what's in an order marker

Have always wanted Minotaurs and Centaurs.

Caffeine says: A futuristic Vydar type unit could be a heavily armored bulldozerbot that when it follows a straight line for x number of spaces it gets to knock all small or medium units out of its way. High defense value, no attack value (so wouldn't hand out leaving swipes to the enemy).

Instead of Vydar, maybe it could complement the Deathwalkers some way.

Speaking of Vydar, perhaps Vydar should turn evil. Everyone knows that Q9 has some sort of evil subroutine buried deep down in his circuits.

Perhaps an Utgar virus unit could be made. Such a unit would have a relatively high chance of reprogramming non-Utgar soulborgs. Make them cheap. Give them a decent chance to autowound (say roll of 17-19) the unlucky soulborg along with a chance (roll a 20) of capturing the enemy unit. Make these plentiful but easy to destroy.

Drizzt Do'Urden and Guenhwyvar keep on giving.
I recommend everyone try Darth Vader's Massivescape suggestions.
Old November 9th, 2010, 01:17 AM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Alright *awesome knuckle cracking action*

Welsh Longbow-men - Jandar
Dreadgulls - Einar/Varkill
Space Marines (I really do think Colby deserves a unit with his name, 's idea for Col. Bydauch's Strikers is brilliant.)
Utgar and Varkill Cowboys
a Posse squad
Aquilla and Varkill flagbearers
WWI & II units
NO Vydar Kyrie - his people have mostly abandoned him, he can't risk them in the war.
A Bullette
Confederate Soldiers (though none of the current Generals really work for the Confederate political ideology.)
A Gorillanator support unit*
Displacer Beast
Mongol horse-archers
Non-human sci-fi units
Celtic Fae
Non-European mythologically-based units (like Gueri-Oni)

*A better one

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old November 9th, 2010, 01:35 AM
Let me help you play with yourself!

Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby!

Mounted Samurai Archers... since... you know... that's more like what real Samurai actually were
Spoiler Alert!
Old November 9th, 2010, 02:02 AM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
-Slaadi (Valkrill)
Slaadi only work if they are the same type. Most Slaadi are different types and as for D&D Miniatures only have one sculpt per type.

Quote:
Where would minis for new Marro units come from?
There are a few possibilities I've found from a variety of sources. I can post things if they become necessary.

Quote:
Dauch, a blue dragon for Aquilla. This is an idea I've had for awhile, but never got around to making. It fills a niche bu giving Aquilla her dragon, and also honors Truth with his own unit. Something that he's deserved for a long time.
I do like this idea a lot. I have started a sculpt for such a blue dragon, really just for my own amusement but we shall see if it works out for what I want. Granted I'm not sure we'll have a way to have minis made but if it is good enough maybe some company will buy it from me.

kaiyu0707 your wording on that power comes off a bit convoluted. I do like you and TW's thoughts though. I'd like to see something that is less like Nilfheim. Anyway, how about some slight changes like:

Lightning Breath Special Attack - Range 4 + Special. Attack 3.
Choose a target to attack and up to two targets within 3 clear sight spaces of the target to be affected by Lightning Breath Special Attack. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. Any adjacent figures to a target that takes at least 1 wound must roll defense dice as if 1 skull was rolled against them.

Just a thought, I'd like a peripheral shock kind of deal, something new to work with.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old November 9th, 2010, 03:10 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

I would really like to see modern, and sci-fi units. Especially since they have been notably absent for the last few waves. Special forces/Swat could be really cool, especially specialized common heroes with some sort of bonding kind of thing that allows them to operate as a squad. Space marines are also high on my want list. I would also like to see more historical units explored, like Parthian mounted archers who can shoot in the middle of their move. I would love to see some stuff like Zulus and Aztecs, as well.
Old November 9th, 2010, 06:31 AM

Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby!

Greys - aka Little Green Men from Space... always wanted them for Heroscape. Made some nice customs years ago. Two figure common squads and a couple of heroes (1 common and 2 unique). I should really dig them up.

Also if you're looking for abilities, this is a fun one I've used in the past.

Battle Launch
If this figure ends its move in a space adjacent to one or more small figures, you may move up to two figures up to 4 spaces away. It must be placed in a vacant hex that is no higher than 7 hexes above the figure's current hex.

Was a great way to get those little devils into height without using Climb or wasting moves.

Anyways, all the best for whatever the C3V decides. Is there still a questionnaire going out? Or has the team already been decided on?

Cheers,
Ben.

"Hi Ho, what new devilry is this?" - this may have been said if Kermit the Frog and Boromir were combined and set loose upon the world... probably not though.
Old November 9th, 2010, 08:19 AM

machinekng knows what's in an order marker machinekng knows what's in an order marker machinekng knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xn F M View Post
Alright *awesome knuckle cracking action*

Welsh Longbow-men - Jandar
Dreadgulls - Einar/Varkill
Space Marines (I really do think Colby deserves a unit with his name, 's idea for Col. Bydauch's Strikers is brilliant.)
Utgar and Varkill Cowboys
a Posse squad
Aquilla and Varkill flagbearers
WWI & II units
NO Vydar Kyrie - his people have mostly abandoned him, he can't risk them in the war.
A Bullette
Confederate Soldiers (though none of the current Generals really work for the Confederate political ideology.)
A Gorillanator support unit*
Displacer Beast
Mongol horse-archers
Non-human sci-fi units
Celtic Fae
Non-European mythologically-based units (like Gueri-Oni)

*A better one
Good list.

As for Confederates.

Of all the generals, Vydar best matches them. Both are morally neutral, but rouge. In addition, you have color-coding (Gray and Gray)

Love the idea for Horse Archers.
Old November 9th, 2010, 08:38 AM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

There was a discussion on the first page of finding alternative powers for bonding.

Several of the Master Customs Creators from back in the Golden Age of customs had unique mechanics for bonding-like synergy without resorting to bonding itself.

InfinityMax's customs come immediately to mind.
You can check out some of the work of the MCC's here.
Old November 9th, 2010, 09:13 AM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

I agree with:
- Pirates
- Mounted Hun or Mongol archers
- Aztecs
- Zulus
- skeletons (a simple common squad that can be taken in great numbers)

I'd like to add:
- Egyptians
- Babylonians
- Musketeers
- David's Mighty Warriors (Israelites)
- poison blowdart squad (African or South American)

If we can find the figures, I really like the idea of bringing in figures from other places/eras (such as the Egyptians, Mongols/Huns, Pirates, and Aztecs) rather than bring in more similar units (Cowboys, Kyrie, Dragons...).

I know a lot of people want to fill in missing pieces, but I think that should wait.

As someone said in the other thread, this first wave has to really bring something new and special to Heroscape for people to buy into it.
Old November 9th, 2010, 09:16 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
As someone said in the other thread, this first wave has to really bring something new and special to Heroscape for people to buy into it.
Asd I understand it, there is no "wave" planned yet. I think first they are going to start by doing a couple of test units to see how the systems work.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs