Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Old May 21st, 2007, 10:32 AM
math olympian

mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathguy
So the Shades of Bleakewood, by skipping their regular attack, becomes only the second unit to have a better than 50% chance of beating Krug.
beating as in Soul Devouring. ha, i knew it. more evidence that the power ranking for Shades on Spider's thread should be increased.

thanks for getting this updated, especially with the twists that Valkyrie Dice must have added to the algorithms.
I'm happy too that I finally updated the program; it was really bugging me that it wasn't updated.

Regarding the Shades fighting Krug, here is what I posted in the Book of Shades thread:
Quote:
The Shades of Bleakewoode is only the second unit that probabilistically has a better than 50% chance of beating Krug, namely 63.7%. (The other unit is Sudema, with 61.6%.) The Shades accomplish this against Krug by skipping their normal attack, and only attempting to devour. If they use their normal attack also, then they only have a 46.8% chance.

So, strategically for Krug, the best would be to disengage so that Krug attacks the Shades one at a time so that Krug is only adjacent to only one Shade at the end of Krug's move. (And the Shades are better off choosing NOT to take the free swipe at Krug.). Hmmm, I'll have to calculate what the odds are in this scenario.... (The matchup calculator is not set up to do such a weird scenario. I'll have to custom calculate it.)

Okay, I just did the custom calculation and in the scenario where Krug can maneuver to engage only one Shade at a time, the Shades' win percentage drops to 30.9%. So the 63.7% number is only when Krug can't maneuver sufficiently. And I imagine it is somewhere in between the two numbers if Krug can maneuver only a little.
Old May 21st, 2007, 10:56 AM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
heh. i was just about to come back to this thread (after trying Shades vs. Krug with a zero attack on Shades) and ask why there were different percentages for whether Shades go first or not. if Shades are using a normal attack of zero, and just relying on a "next turn" usage of Soul Devour then i was expecting to see the same results (63.687%) no matter if Shades move first or Krug moves first. the "Krug engages just 1 Shade before 3 Shades engaged Krug" kind of explains this now.

but if Krug always has a chance to reposition (assuming flat open terrain) so as to be engaged with just 1 of 3 Shades before attacking it (making only 1 Shade able to try Soul Devour IF it survives Krug's double attack), then Krug should be fine.
Old May 21st, 2007, 01:50 PM
math olympian

mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Regarding fighting Krug, I forgot about doing the same trick with Ne-ga-sok. If you only attempt Mindshackle with NGS and do not do his regular attack, then NGS has a 53.9% chance of beating Krug (mindshackling Krug, that is).
Old June 15th, 2007, 09:47 PM
math olympian

I've added the known Marvel characters to the beta version.
Heroscape matchup calculator beta version.
I'll put the new characters in the main version once they are released.
Old June 16th, 2007, 01:58 AM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
Excellent! Looks like the better Spidey-Sense of Spider-Man beats out the higher attack of Venom.

Thanks, mathguy.

I think it's time for another big Northern IL, Southern WI game day soon so we can tryout some of these matchups.
Old June 24th, 2007, 02:21 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Just gotta say - the heroscape calculator is one of the cooler pieces of software I've seen around here. Good stuff!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 28th, 2007, 01:02 AM
math olympian

IAmBatman: Glad you're enjoying it.

GaryLASQ: Actually Venom beats out Spiderman if using regular attacks (this was mentioned in the thread in Marvel News). Did you check the correct boxes?
Old June 28th, 2007, 01:34 AM
Spin Master

Quote:
GaryLASQ: Actually Venom beats out Spiderman if using regular attacks (this was mentioned in the thread in Marvel News). Did you check the correct boxes?
Umm... Oops. Silly of me to mention his higher attack loses if I left the Web Special Attack turned on. Yep - Venom wins.
Old August 1st, 2007, 09:32 AM

loserguy has disabled reputation
Just to.. uh.. put this out there. Braxas beats Krug winning 85.517% of the time.

11 RotV - 5 RttFF - 5 FotA - 5 VW - 5 TT- 5 MS
Full Waves 1,2,4,5,6,7
Old August 3rd, 2007, 09:02 AM
math olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by loserguy
Just to.. uh.. put this out there. Braxas beats Krug winning 85.517% of the time.
Actually, Krug beats Braxas 90.949% of the time.
I think you forgot that Braxas cannot use her special ability on Krug.
Old August 3rd, 2007, 04:25 PM

loserguy has disabled reputation
Thanks for clarifying

11 RotV - 5 RttFF - 5 FotA - 5 VW - 5 TT- 5 MS
Full Waves 1,2,4,5,6,7
Old August 16th, 2007, 01:18 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I've been having no luck getting this program to work for me lately. At first I thought I was asking questions that were too complicated, but even a 2 life, 1 attack, 1 defense hero against a 3 life, 1 attack 1 defense hero, no special abilities, comes back with an abort after 150 seconds. Is anyone else experiencing this? Does anyone know what the problem is?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software