Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old January 19th, 2019, 12:24 AM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Boot Camp of Valhalla Design Thread

B Warlord just doesn't sound right for an Elf. Not sure I'm enthralled with Queen either. Elven Princess possibly...Maybe to cliche.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; January 19th, 2019 at 12:26 AM. Reason: The word clliche has a certain...I don't know what, quality to it.
Old January 19th, 2019, 02:45 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

B for me
Old January 19th, 2019, 08:02 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Queen B
Old January 19th, 2019, 03:19 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'd say B as well.

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old January 22nd, 2019, 05:31 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

As mentioned, I'll call this by the end of tomorrow. Until that time anyone is still free to weigh in with a vote.
Old January 24th, 2019, 03:13 AM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Looks like we have a majority in favor of non-warlord. I’ll get up a more complete post om the subject tomorrow, but anyone is free to brainstorm or further solidify that direction at this point.

Last edited by All Your Pie; January 24th, 2019 at 03:33 AM. Reason: Thanks for the correction, whoops
Old January 24th, 2019, 03:30 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

If I'm not mistaken, the vote was actually 5-3 in favor of a non-Warlord class.
Old January 24th, 2019, 03:33 AM

Whoops, that’s why I shouldn’t update this thread past midnight. Thanks for catching that.
Old January 24th, 2019, 07:43 PM

Alright, here's my take on where we're at. Since we've chosen not to go with a bonding class, we're going to need to design a power that gives the unit a synergistic or leaderlike feel. SoA brought up this power as a possibility for an Ullar Warlord, but it seems like it's been popular and could still be used here:

Ullar's Battle Dance
After a figure you control that follows Ullar rolls defense dice against a normal attack, you may move a figure you control that is within 8 clear sight spaces of [elf hero] up to 4 spaces.

What I'll note from the start is that this is quite a potent ability, so I think we should be looking for ways to narrow or limit it. 8 spaces is enough that this figure might not have to leave the start zone, which I don't think is conducive to our initial choice of a hybrid figure. Here's my recommendation:

Ullar Field Marshal
After a figure you control that follows Ullar rolls defense dice against a normal attack, you may move a squad figure you control that follows Ullar up to 4 spaces. Figures moved must be within 4 clear sight spaces of [elf hero] before moving.

I like this direction combined with a relatively simple combat-oriented power and possible snow and ice enhanced movement. Designed this way, I see this figure aiming for a fairly high point bracket. I think this is fine, as it will encourage armies built around her rather than armies that just toss her into the mix. That said, this power is still somewhat broad in the units it can affect, so it will require extensive testing and might limit future design space. A more conservative approach to synergy would be to design a power that allows other units to help this one, rather than the other way around. I don't think that's strictly a better option though, and we haven't come up with anything particularly inspiring for it yet.

If anyone has any other powers to suggest, or suggestions brought up previously that they feel strongly about, feel free to bring those into the discussion.

Last edited by All Your Pie; January 24th, 2019 at 10:58 PM.
Old January 24th, 2019, 07:57 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

LEADING THE CHARGE

If this figure is engaged, all Common Elf figures you control may Move one additional space.
Old January 24th, 2019, 09:28 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I would definately add in that Battle Dance/Field Marshal etc should only allow Ullar units to move. Moving Raelin for free is very overpowering and not likely to get passed.

Note: I’d also advocate it for only affecting Ullar squad figures for similar reasons. Also potential theme breaks.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old January 28th, 2019, 12:59 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

What are thoughts on a combat power?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards