Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old April 11th, 2008, 12:12 AM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by zettian_guard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosChild
The Nakitas get to roll for engagement strike if a figure is summoned, thrown, or otherwise placed adjacent to them.
Would it be possible to have this clarification placed somewhere on the Nakitas' first page? With the impending release of the Wolves of Badru, and their Special Attack, this situation is bound to come up in future games. A listing on the first page should clear up any questions before they are asked. Thanks.
Yes. It's nice to have this answered, and it belongs on the front page of the Book. I've encountered this question myself when "placing" fresh zombies on the board, and the number of figures that provoke it is only going to go up and up.
Old April 27th, 2008, 05:41 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Nakita Agents

I have a question that came up yesterday while playing. Let's say that you moved up 2 of your 4th Mass and one of them engaged a Nakita and survived the engagment strike roll. There's a marrow warrior getting ready to spawn exactly 6 hexes away from your 4th Mass that engaged the Nakita. You try to kill the Nakita with your other 4th Mass so that you will free up the 4th Mass engaged to the Nakita to attack the Marro Warrior. The Nakita rolls for smoke powder and succeeds. Can your 4th Mass that is engaged attack the adjacent Nakita since you don't meed LOS when engaged or does smoke powder cancel out the attack since it says "the Nakita no longer has any visible hit zones for the remainder of the turn." So does that mean that the Nakitas are in essence invisible and we can't attack even if you're engaged or does that mean that melee attack can attack even if there's no visible hit zone?

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old April 27th, 2008, 05:42 PM

donaldb Woo who?

I am pretty sure you can still attack them. Like you said, you don't have to see the unit when attacking it without range.

Do you have the NERV?
Frisbee. Heroscape. Airsoft. Life is simple.
Old April 27th, 2008, 05:51 PM

ChaosChild has disabled reputation

Yes, you can attack a Nakita that was successful with her smoke powder if you are adjacent.

Kumiko is not impressed with your sculpt, either.
Old April 27th, 2008, 07:35 PM

LongHeroscaper has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosChild View Post
Yes, you can attack a Nakita that was successful with her smoke powder if you are adjacent.
I am not sure why (really want to learn here ). Is it because when you attack adjacently, LoS is not required, which implies that hit zone does not have any role? Can we argue like that?
If not, then the 4th mass will not be able to the Nakita if she gets her smoke powder successfully.

L...o....n......g.....H...e.....r....o.....S....c....a....p...e......r .....
Heroscape Brief Card for Beginners.
How to share your maps with the world.
VirtualScape 101.
My map thread.
Old April 27th, 2008, 08:57 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongHeroscaper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosChild View Post
I am not sure why (really want to learn here ). Is it because when you attack adjacently, LoS is not required, which implies that hit zone does not have any role?
That's it exactly. You win a kewpie doll.
Old July 6th, 2008, 12:48 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Okay folks, help me out here. Assume you are down to a situation where the only remaining units are Nakitas vs. Medium-sized melee squad opponents. At what blend of attack/defense of the opposing units does it make sense to risk the disengagement strike to pull away so that they will need to move adjacent again and suffer the engagement strike? I know the Nakita has a 50% chance of instadeath versus 30% for the enemy AND she has to take the risk first. Still, it seems that against a unit like the Minions it could be a good deal - especially if in so doing a height advantage becomes a possibility.

~Aldin, doing the danse macabre

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old July 6th, 2008, 01:09 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Okay folks, help me out here. Assume you are down to a situation where the only remaining units are Nakitas vs. Medium-sized melee squad opponents. At what blend of attack/defense of the opposing units does it make sense to risk the disengagement strike to pull away so that they will need to move adjacent again and suffer the engagement strike? I know the Nakita has a 50% chance of instadeath versus 30% for the enemy AND she has to take the risk first. Still, it seems that against a unit like the Minions it could be a good deal - especially if in so doing a height advantage becomes a possibility.

Nakitas have almost no chance of killing the Minions before the Minions kill them even if they go first. (Just ran like 50 simulations) However with 4 attack dice the Nakitas chances improve greatly even without the engagement strike.

Although you do run a 50/50 risk, I would say against a squad like the Minions or some other squad that can do some heavy damage and has good defense or some defensive ability like counterstrike (e.g. fully bloodlusted Tagawa Samurai), it's a risk worth taking. If the squad has anything more than two attack, they stand a good chance of killing the Nakitas anyway.

In the situation you named, you'll usually have two choices.
1. Stay there and hope the dice work out for you
2. Disengage, potentially die, but potentially have much greater odds
I'm not usually a gambling man, but in this case, I'd be willing to take the (calculated) risk.
Old July 6th, 2008, 01:14 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Interesting, though I would never try it since 'outside the box' thinking like that never seems to benefit me.

Against a unit like the Minions it may very well be worth it, their 6 defense dice alone would make me desperate enough to try it never mind the 2 for 1 skulls.

-insert signature here-
Old July 6th, 2008, 08:59 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Hey, a question about their Engagement Strike came up in my game yesterday. I tried a search for the answer but didn't manage to find it.

Anyway, does the Nakita's (or Arkmer's, for that matter) Engagement Strike work against Phantom Walk characters like the Ninja of the Northern Wind if the ninja don't stop adjacent to them? In other words, if the ninja move through them and keep going do the agents get a roll?

My opinion was that the strike does happen, but we played the other way until we could find out the ruling.
Old July 6th, 2008, 09:05 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

The way I read it, Ghost and Phantom Walk allow the figure to move through another figure without having to take a disengagement strike. They would still, if small or medium, take an Engagement Strike from the Nakita, even if not stopping.
Old July 6th, 2008, 11:05 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post

The only figure I could see it maybe making sense against is DW7K. As a medium figure with one life worth 100 points, he seems like the best engagement strike target in the game. Even then, I'd probably stay adjacent to him to try to punch through his non-stealth dodge defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units