Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Notices

Old September 18th, 2020, 07:28 PM
The Chronicler

Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness
New Map Tile System

Hi all. Long time.

Not technically official Heroscape news but still of interest.

This keeps popping up in my Facebook and I know nothing more than what’s posted at Kickstarter, but considering the fact that the plastic from the map tiles has a limited life span I thought thus might interest some.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...9ZZzKTtVybMc9s

Best,
Aeston

6 RoTV, 3 SotM, 3 RttFF, 3 FotA, 3 VW, 3 TT, 3 TJ.
At least 3 of every common, 1 of every unique.

Aeston's Maps
Before Heroscape: The History that Lead to our Game
Old September 18th, 2020, 08:43 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth
Re: New Map Tile System

Interesting...thanks

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old September 18th, 2020, 10:54 PM
...lest we all lose that 3rd turn mystery

The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Do we know how big those tiles are? I'd like to know if they compare to Scape tiles.

Be polite: Don't put politics or religion in your signature!
Old September 19th, 2020, 08:47 AM
The Chronicler

Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness

They are 1-1/2" from flat to flat and 1/4" thick according to the creator’s comments on Facebook. They were designed with Heroscape in mind.

6 RoTV, 3 SotM, 3 RttFF, 3 FotA, 3 VW, 3 TT, 3 TJ.
At least 3 of every common, 1 of every unique.

Aeston's Maps
Before Heroscape: The History that Lead to our Game
Old September 19th, 2020, 12:46 PM

MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby!

Reminds me of Hyground, somehow.
Old December 29th, 2020, 03:51 AM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeston View Post
Hi all. Long time.

Not technically official Heroscape news but still of interest.

This keeps popping up in my Facebook and I know nothing more than what’s posted at Kickstarter, but considering the fact that the plastic from the map tiles has a limited life span I thought thus might interest some.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...9ZZzKTtVybMc9s

Best,
Aeston
Thanks for the link. I just started encountering cracking on terrain tiles so good to know an alternative is out there.
Old December 18th, 2021, 03:51 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

Here's a pic of the final textured production-quality tiles, from November. Terragon is still awaiting completion & delivery of their injection mold to begin production, which should be early next year. 1.5" edge-to-edge, 1/4" thick.

Top row: Magma, Obsidian (HS Shadow), Snow
Center: Sand, Earth (HS Stone), Ice--transparent
Bottom: Stone (HS Dungeon), Grass, Water--transparent

1" stickers would be needed for "Swamp water" and Lava field, and road could be any unused color not represented in your base map, whether sand/earth/stone/magma... --tiles could be flipped upside-down to hide stickers as necessary.

There are various sized terrain bundles in five "themes" (Page 2) --but the breakdowns don't conform to any Heroscape set.
25-tile pack is $25.
Hoard -- 1000 for $550
Trove -- 500 for $300
Starter pack -- 250 for $160

There's also scatter terrain (trees, rocks, pillars) and stackable walls in various lengths. Edit: From the KS Update #20, looks like each wall segment is edge-to-edge, so the longest one is three hexes wide...and the wall system will be expanded after KS fulfillment.

Last edited by UtahScott; December 18th, 2021 at 05:28 PM.
Old September 3rd, 2022, 06:56 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

Terragon update.

Finalized tiles from the re-calibrated mold were achieved in June, backer order production has commenced. A single Terragon tile will fit exactly in a HeroScape hex hole.

Preorders opened August 24., "We expect pre-orders to begin shipping in March 2023."
250, 500, 1000 tile sets in the five "themes" described below, or 25-tile individual packs.
Pre-order production will wait until all Kickstarter orders are completed.

Civilizations is mainly light grey stone,
Frontiers grass,
Desolate Wastes earth (also has lava/obsidian),
Coasts sand and water,
Frozen Tundra for snow/ice.

Here's Rybonator's short video from today of actual production tiles in action. He has a discount included in the video.

Last edited by UtahScott; September 5th, 2022 at 01:38 PM.
Old September 5th, 2022, 09:54 AM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahScott View Post
Terragon update.

Finalized tiles from the re-calibrated mold were achieved in June, backer order production has commenced. A single Terragon tile will fit exactly in a HeroScape hex hole.
Do you have any pics you can share of these tiles working with Scape tiles?

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old September 5th, 2022, 01:31 PM

I did not back the Kickstarter, I'm going by tile measurements.
EDIT: Miniature MashUp's KS video (the second one at the bottom of the KS page) has a 1-hex tile comparison in hand for about 8 seconds, but not in situ, which we'd want. There would be gaps if you have adjacent Terragons in a 'Scape build because they're smaller, but I think they'd be great to replace water/shadow tiles.

Last edited by UtahScott; September 5th, 2022 at 02:56 PM.
Old October 20th, 2022, 02:00 PM

Terragon Corey is surprisingly tart

Hello everyone!

As you may tell by my name I am one of the creators of the system spoken about in this thread!

I had seen the thread early on and was excited to see the potential excitement for the product, and it was brought to my attention earlier this week that this thread had more updates and some questions.

I would certainly love to clear up what I can for you guys, and discuss my thoughts!

Firstly, the biggest question.

Is Terragon Terrain compatible with Heroscape tiles?

As much as I would love to say YES! It is not. The sizing of the tiles and their magnetic connection does not allow them to connect with existing heroscape terrain. You cannot place Terragons "within" heroscape areas for things like water either, as the opening between the face up sides of the tiles is simply larger than the tiles themselves. I did this by breaking out an old Heroscape set I had at my home. If you would like to see photos I would be more than happy to provide any you would like. But I don't think there is a satisfactory way to blend the two systems together.

Do Terragon Terrain tiles work with Heroscape Miniatures as a terrain replacement?

Now the answer to this is certainly yes, with a small caveat. I only have the one set nowadays. And that is the Rise of the Valkyries box set. The dragon figure from this set does fit on top of 2 Terragons and is quite easily able to be distinguished as far as location. HOWEVER I do not have access to every miniature ever made by Hasbro for the game.

Whats to come?

Terragon Terrain wasn't and will not be a one off Kickstarter. We plan to expand the system in many many ways. Everything is manufactured right here in upstate NY. Which means local. It is also assembled nearby as well.

New colors and themes, multi tiles, tile height spacers. We have a lot of things in mind. As well as developing games that use the tiles themselves.

As product engineers our #1 priority is to make a product that will last. And I can tell you right now that these tiles will last, well forever. With ABS plastic and Neodynium magnets you won't have to replace these tiles. And they can take a beating. Unlike heroscape where you can step on a tile and break it, I have literally hit an assembled tile with a rubber mallet on a concrete floor and had it remain together.

Obviously plastic will scratch, but we have been travelling to conventions with our tiles in totes, and literally just push them off the table into the tote and have had 0 issues. So if you keep them in the box they come in they will likely remain pristine. But at the same time scratching of the plastic is literally the worst you have to worry about with these tiles. The connections wont break, and you cannot break the tile within the course of standard play.

I have also looked through some rulebooks for suggested map layouts. And all of the map layouts within the Swarm of the Marr PDF would be buildable with 1 starter set alone. Which is 250 individual tiles. But I do recognize that supplemental 25 packs may be needed to add diversity to the landscape here and there based on different terrain conditions.

I understand that many here are diehard Heroscape fans and likely have a huge collection of tiles. It is not my goal to attempt to use this thread or my presence here to convince you to switch. I love heroscape, and always regret not getting more of the sets when they were in production.

I am here to answer questions about the system that anyone may have, but at the same time learn some things to get myself back into the game. Where I will certainly be using Terragons to play Heroscape.

I look forward to hearing from you and answering any questions you may have!
Old October 21st, 2022, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terragon Corey View Post
You cannot place Terragons "within" heroscape areas for things like water either, as the opening between the face up sides of the tiles is simply larger than the tiles themselves. I did this by breaking out an old Heroscape set I had at my home. If you would like to see photos I would be more than happy to provide any you would like.
@Terragon Corey , I think it would be great to see some Terragon tiles alongside, say, a 24-hex terrain piece. And how one wouldn't quite fit in a hole, surrounded by other HeroScape tiles. You'd have to be a Site Supporter to post pics here, or link them from some other location.

Last edited by UtahScott; October 21st, 2022 at 09:25 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News