Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Notices

Old September 19th, 2007, 10:32 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_calvin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSpade
I don't get it. Grish already has is own thread for his stuff, and it's even stickied. Why have it word for word(and pic for pic) in two places?
I thought I made it clear before but apparently not. What I wanted was a single thread full of pictured tutorials that showcased our terrain making members in a way that would allow someone to browse and stare at the pics and get ideas. Not an index that still forces a person to hunt down info burried in a bunch of different threads. I re-stickied Grish's thread while I copied things over here.... Besides, what is the problem with having them in two spots anyway?
It's not a problem to me man. I just thought a quick link to all the authors forums would be helpful.

If you are just wanting to make a catalog forum of all the tutorials thats cool too. Just have to be clear that questions need to go to the authors.

Also, I don't think that the terrain makers themselves need to be stickied. Even my own (which is lost in the suffel as my website went down and I lost all the pictures and everything).

We have a listing of authors posts, but that doesn't help a person who wants to say... build a fence. It isn't specific. I thought if we listed it by project type that the person could say.. I want to see how to build a tower, and could find the links to the tower tutorials and ask questions to the person etc.
No I agree with all that. We'll just try and do all of it.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old September 19th, 2007, 11:18 PM

Renquist has disabled reputation
Just one little question if I may please perhaps?

The links are wonderful and this thread could become a veritable database of modding help.... but the tutorials in this thread... are just going to be sorted randomly?

I understand the trouble of sorting it all in order is more of a headache than it's worth... but it could be quite trying for someone to scroll through 20 pages looking for trees and only finding pertinent information every few pages.

Seems they might just click on the supplied links instead, making any following posted information almost redundant.

This is PURELY an onservation. Any which way the information will be available and easily accessible.
Old September 19th, 2007, 11:25 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I would like to say that I love this idea but I think that adding all of the tutorials to one thread is going to be a pain...mainly because with all of the pics that this one thread will accumulate it will take a long time for them to all open up (maybe its just my connection tonight or the site but its taking a long time and my screen keeps "moving" as each pic loads
Old September 19th, 2007, 11:28 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I for one find it extremely unhelpful having the Tutorials within this thread.

My Three Main Reasons for Not Having the Tutorials in this Thread:
1) Dial Up Users have a very long wait for all the images to load. The guide alone allows dial up users to find and choose which Tutorials they wish to open. It took me 7 minutes before I could post this as I had to wait for all of the Grish terrain images to load! (Note, the previous statement should in no way be taken as a detrimental comment towards Grish's terrific terrain)
2) Each Tutorial within this thread will need a separate link to its thread location as well as the location within this thread. Considering every non-Tutorial post will separate the Tutorials more and more.
3) Why have the Guide if the Tutorials are all here? Too much inconsequential redundancy for my tastes.

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old September 19th, 2007, 11:31 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara
I would like to say that i love this diea but i think that adding all of the tutorials to one thread is going to be a pain...mainly because with all of the pics that this one thread will accumulate it will take a long time for them to all open up (maybe its just my connection tonight or the site but its taking a long time and my screen keeps "moving" as each pic loads
OK I give up. I deleted the copy of Grishnak's tutorial. Forget about having the tutorials all here on display. BC, you move forward with your idea and we will have 2 indexes in the terrain section.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old September 19th, 2007, 11:38 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Quote:
I would like to say that i love this diea but i think that adding all of the tutorials to one thread is going to be a pain...mainly because with all of the pics that this one thread will accumulate it will take a long time for them to all open up (maybe its just my connection tonight or the site but its taking a long time and my screen keeps "moving" as each pic loads
OK I give up. I deleted the copy of Grishnak's tutorial. Forget about having the tutorials all here on display. BC, you move forward with your idea and we will have 2 indexes in the terrain section.

Sorry GB....perhaps we could make a downloadable tutorial "book" for folks...I usually do my custom work out in my workshed and dont have a computer there to follow things step by step...you think that would work?

EDIT: I would actually like to take on this project...sort of a CODEX but just for Custom Terrain and stuff. We could have tutorials and Shop Tips and things like that. Thoughts?
Old September 20th, 2007, 12:01 AM

I see the need for all 3 indexes that we have in this thread. Perhpaps this index and Cycoduck's index by creators names could be consolidated.
Old September 20th, 2007, 12:36 AM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renquist
I see the need for all 3 indexes that we have in this thread. Perhpaps this index and Cycoduck's index by creators names could be consolidated.
They are three very different Lists.
One is strictly a How to Create HeroScape Terrain Tutorial Index by bad_calvin
One is strictly Terrain Made by HeroScapers (Not necessarily with a guide to its creation) by cycoduck
The last is Terrain Creation URLs & Websites by DarkSpade

There may be some cross over, but these really need to be separate Lists.

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old September 20th, 2007, 12:47 AM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Sorry GB....perhaps we could make a downloadable tutorial "book" for folks...I usually do my custom work out in my workshed and dont have a computer there to follow things step by step...you think that would work?

EDIT: I would actually like to take on this project...sort of a CODEX but just for Custom Terrain and stuff. We could have tutorials and Shop Tips and things like that. Thoughts?
The more I think about this the more I want to do it...so I think I am just going to go for it...maybe do a teaser edition to gage the interest level. I already started working on the format and have a name picked out....and a domain name set up for the website. If anyone would like to hop on board or has any ideas please send me a PM. Also if you are a custom creator and have a tutorial or a shop tip you would like to share let me know also.
Old September 20th, 2007, 09:59 AM

Hmmm. Are you going for an online magazine style format Big O?

Having people submit articles would manage a lot of the work for you. It could also generate more interest in things like the speed terrain contest. Just a suggestion.
Old September 20th, 2007, 01:33 PM
Master Custom Creator

Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker
My sci-fi terrain thread has some tutorial info and plenty of photos, if you guys want to include it:

Annerios' Sci-fi/Vydar Terrain
Old September 20th, 2007, 02:00 PM

bad_calvin is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annerios
My sci-fi terrain thread has some tutorial info and plenty of photos, if you guys want to include it:

Annerios' Sci-fi/Vydar Terrain
Got it man. Sorry I missed that one. I love your stuff!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles