Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old July 27th, 2018, 04:36 PM

Justin the Jet is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Good Map Suggestions for 8 players

Hello guys,

I am looking to send a birthday package to my son and am looking for cool base designs for him and his friends to play. They have a birthday party coming up soon and he and 7 of his friends will be playing. I dont know anything about this game but i have read up on this forum on map designs but a lot of them are small. Is there any suggestions or blueprints of maps they can use? I would love to send them to him as a complete gift since I am trying to get some pieces from the dewk and it would be cool as a complete gift.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old July 27th, 2018, 06:17 PM

Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Good Map Suggestions for 8 players

Here is a link to a my thread containing maps that my brother and I created: Nomad's and Longy418's Maps

If your scroll down to the Multi-player maps, we have posted a dozen or so four player maps, a few three player maps, a few team maps, and a couple of six player scenarios. I can't say that I have ever seen eight player maps posted anywhere. A couple of four player maps might work though. Be forewarned, there is considerable terrain requirements and table space needed. But if your son and friends are young, playing on the floor might be fun.
Old July 27th, 2018, 06:23 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

The biggest concern with 8 players games is that they tend to go on for a long time. A lot of people loose interest after waiting nearly 10 minutes for their turn to come around. As a result, not a lot of maps have been made that support that many players. If you are set on 8 players, I would suggest using 4 player maps, and just splitting each startzone between 2 players who would be on a team.
Old July 27th, 2018, 06:43 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

When I was little (12ish) and played birthday party 'Scape with my friends (there were usually 3 or 4 of us though), at least 50% of the fun was designing the board ourselves and coming up with cool house rules. I don't think you should worry too much about a specific map.
Old July 28th, 2018, 11:03 AM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

At our local tournament in June, we set up about a 3’ x 3’ hex-shaped map that fit 12 players on the outside and had a hill going towards a 3-hex up top in the center. Played King of the Hill on it and it was a blast.
Old July 28th, 2018, 12:49 PM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I think you would be way better off with 2 maps, with 4 players each. The time between turns would be brutal for younger kids. Even adults it's tough. It will be slower too if some of them are just learning to play.
Old July 28th, 2018, 01:02 PM

Justin the Jet is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Wow you guys have been great. I think i am following the majority of the comments. I'm going to grab a few maps from Nomad. I think i will suggest to him two different maps like ericth has said.

A lot of them are learning so i like the comments. And superfrog, thanks for the tip from the dewk. Was able to get some pieces for my son that I think he is going to enjoy.

This site has been a huge help. If i can learn how to post pictures of the maps and games they play, I will!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios