Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old July 24th, 2020, 04:56 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
The Book of Psyche

The Book of Psyche

C3G MARVEL WAVE 35
MUTANT MULTIVERSE

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the War of Light Blue & Yellow Power Batteries Pack set.
Its model number and name are #R107.06 or R207.06 / Decoy (Blue).

NOTE: Psychic Projection requires The Astral Plane.

Character Bio – Everyone has inner fears and desires locked in the deep recesses of their minds, perhaps unknown even to themselves. What happens when powerful forces pull these subconscious manifestations into the Astral Plane and exploit their vulnerabilities? If the mind is destroyed, can the body survive?

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
  • Initial playtest: (IAmBatman)
  • Second playtest: (MrNobody)
  • Third playtest: (tcglkn)
  • Art: Comic, Figure, Background
  • Art by Soundwarp SG-1

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 10:39 PM. Reason: png

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Psyche (Uncommon) - Breathing Period

NAME = PSYCHE

SPECIES = MANIFESTATION
UNIQUENESS = UNCOMMON HERO
CLASS = CONSTRUCT
PERSONALITY = VULNERABLE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 4

LIFE = 3
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = 50

UNLOCKING THE INNER MIND

This Psyche does not start the game on the battlefield. Before your first turn of the game, if you control at least one Telepath or figure with the Magical Defense special power, you may choose an enemy Unique Hero without a Tether Marker or the Mental Shield special power and place this Psyche’s blue Tether Marker on the chosen Hero’s card. While the Tether Marker is on that card, the chosen Hero is this Psyche’s Tether. Give control of this Psyche and its Army Card to the player who controls its Tether. The player must place this Psyche on any empty space in the Astral Plane.

RESTORATIVE BOOST
This Psyche adds one to its Defense number if its Tether is a Telepath or has the Magical Defense special power, or if its Tether is adjacent to one or more friendly Telepaths or figures with the Magical Defense special power. If this Psyche destroys an enemy Manifestation, remove your Tether Marker from the game.

LINKED CONSCIOUSNESS
Instead of taking a turn with its Tether, you may take a turn with this Psyche. For the rest of the round, it may use any special powers on its Tether's Army Card and its Tether cannot move, attack, or use any special powers. If this Psyche is destroyed, its Tether receives three wounds.

FLYING

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Last edited by IAmBatman; February 14th, 2021 at 02:55 PM.

Mini Picture

Comic Picture

Background

Last edited by IAmBatman; August 15th, 2020 at 01:43 PM.
Old July 24th, 2020, 10:32 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I don't know if it' too late in the design process here, but I kind of feel like it would be more appropriate if the figure with the Tether Marker couldn't do anything in the real world as long as their 'soul' or whatever is on the Astra Plane. So once tethered by your opponent, you need to protect the prone body in the real world with your other units while the fight on the Astral Plane takes place. Telepaths and MD folks can also help those who are tethered in an Astra Plane battle. The goal for the figure who gets tethered against their will is to escape the Astra Plane and return to their real world body, by doing something in the Astral Plane.
Old July 24th, 2020, 11:24 PM

It's not too late, but I don't think it's competitively balanced. Like if I could draft a 50 point figure (which would have to have its cost significantly boosted) to take out your synergy piece and make it completely unusable from the start of the game, that's a super powerful effect.

I think the bigger problem is it would be a bit of a fun fail. Like being able to use Mister Fantastic on the Astral Plane could be fun. ONLY being able to use Mister Fantastic on the Astral Plane while his allies all get punched around seems ... not fun.

To add in a quick edit, the way I see the theme is this: The figure is getting attacked on a psychic or magical level. This hurts them in the real world. If they want to try to respond, they have to go to the Astral Plane and activate their Psyche there. If they don't, the Psyche is just taking damage. Being tethered to their Psyche just means it's a part of them, not that they're necessarily projecting in the moment. If they want to, it's instead of taking a turn.

Old July 24th, 2020, 11:43 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Yeah, you might be right on the game balance but I'm not sure it's quite cut an dried. Like in your example Reed gets sent to the Astral Plane before the game starts. Your opponent is then not putting all the OM's on Reed because they know they can't bond via him, so Johnny gets an OM, Thing gets an OM, and Reed gets an OM. Johnny and Thing spread out to protect Reed & Sue, while Reed on the Astral plane using his OM to try and escape or attack whoever put him there. Then you also have to be spending OM on whoever you have in the Astral Plane, so your real world figures are only getting some of your OM's.

So yes, you can delay the Fan4's roll out over the board as a pod, but Reed does that himself sometime by rolling really crappy d20's. Eventually Reed escapes or the Astral Plane form gets killed, damaging the real world Reed but also freeing him, and the Fan4 pod still rolls out and does their thing. Meanwhile how much you took advantage of the Fan4 delayed roll out to grab board control depends on how many OM's you wanted to feed your real world troops at the expense of the Astral Plane fight. Put most OM on the Astral Plane fight and you are more likely to take out Reed's Astral Form and damage his real self, but less you can accomplish in terms of board control. The more you focus on taking control of the board, the more likely Astra Form Reed kills your Astral Guy off or escapes without being defeated, and the Fan 4 rolls out delayed but still at full strength.
Old July 24th, 2020, 11:52 PM

There are only two ways currently for a Tether marker to be removed:

1. The Manifestation is destroyed (inflicting three automatic wounds on the Tether).
2. Zatanna (I) removes the marker.

So, I guess that would significantly boost the value of Zatanna (I)? If I'm the opponent in the above situation, assuming Zatanna isn't in the picture, I just don't place any Tether markers of my own and leave poor Reed to rot with no way out.

Which is all to say, we'd have to build in some way for a figure to remove their own Tether marker/Manifestation. Which is all to say this would be another move back to brainstorming.

I guess if folks like that idea/don't buy into my thematic explanation, I can consider it. But if that's the case, I might slow down here a bit, because I can feel some frustration coming on.

Old July 24th, 2020, 11:59 PM
C3G Landlord

Yeah, that it would need a way to escape to be built in. That way it's a risk for you as the one who drafts it. You draft it and give it to Reed thinking you can keep him tied up for 3-4 rounds, but he escapes on R1 and your plans fall apart. Don't know exactly how that would look rules wise, but in general you should be able to escape and return to your body IMO.
Old July 25th, 2020, 12:00 AM
C3G Landlord

Not trying to get you frustrated here, just throwing out some thoughts. Take them or leave them.
Old July 25th, 2020, 12:01 AM

Hmm, tell you what, if you're willing to put together a full pitch of what it'd look like with the rules on the Astral Plane and the manifestations, I'll consider it.

Otherwise, I'm too worried that sounds like a negative play experience and I feel my thematic approach is valid here, so I'd lean towards staying the course.

Old July 25th, 2020, 12:05 AM
C3G Landlord

K. More interested in buildings so I'll focus on that and leave this alone.
Old July 25th, 2020, 12:08 AM

I think it might help for us to get more on the same page in terms of theme. Here's the description of the Astral Plane from a Marvel wiki:

Quote:
The Astral Plane is an alternate dimension in an equivalent space to our own, where all matter is composed of ectoplasm. On the astral plane, the life energies and consciousnesses of other beings are discernible to adepts. Adepts can reach the astral plane by psionic or magical means. Powerful psychics and sorcerers astral project their "Spirit or astral body" into the realm allowing them to manipulate the astral plane e.g. turning their arms into weapons or growing in height.
OK, so there are two things going on there.

The red is the idea that everyone's life force or consciousness exists on the Astral Plane all the time. If you have a psyche or consciousness or whatever you want to call it, someone who projects to the Astral Plane can see it, see things about it, even attack it.

Then there's the blue part. This is telepaths and magical folks being able to project to the Astral Plane and kick butt there.

We abstracted this a bit to boil things down into game mechanics, but all of these components are currently there. Your consciousness is on the Astral Plane and vulnerable to folks projecting there whether you're actively projecting yourself or not.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library