Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape
Heroes of Star Wars Scape The place for all your Star Wars customs needs.

Notices

Old May 27th, 2018, 02:28 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The HoSS Cantina

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Its good to hear an actual starwars fan say something good about a recent starwars movie. I wont be watching this one probably until its on blueray. I was really dissapointed in the last jedi and didnt care too much for force awakens. I really liked rogue one. I think the disappointment comes from the fact that they have so much lore to work with but produce crap.

Yeah, I read the Thrawn Trilogy by Timothy Zahn back in the day and really loved it. It was such a great way to pick up on the events of the universe 10 years later. While I understand Disney's desire to wipe the slate clean so they can tell their own stories without having to reference 50+ books written by different authors that lost track of the narrative themselves, I really wish they would have just kept a select few really good stories cannon and built on them. They were smart enough to see the value of the Thrawn character and have reintroduced him into the cannon via Star Wars Rebels and now a new series of books (also written by Timothy Zahn, the first of which I read and it was also great), so why couldn't they see that they already had better stuff to work with than what was in TFA & TLJ? Captain Phasma has been such a disappointing and forgettable character. I feel they could have mined the books for some better ideas and characters to use than what they came up with on their own. It wouldn't need to be an exact adaptation of any one story, but Marvel has been very successful adapting different story elements from decades of comics into new movies.
Old May 27th, 2018, 07:43 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I went and saw Solo in theaters and enjoyed it quite a bit. I would put Rogue One ahead of it but I really, really liked Rogue One a lot so that isn't a knock just a reference point. I'd watch it again before I'd throw in The Force Awakens or The Last Jedi, the farther away from those movies I get the more I don't think they were very good.

Now I'll also preface this by saying that Solo is they type of movie I find enjoyable, crime dramas and the like are certainly up my alley. The stakes are really low in comparison to the Skywalker saga as the Galaxy in not in peril, only the lives of the various characters (and many of them don't make it). I really enjoyed The Wolverine and Logan though as well because I like these simpler more personal stories, I also like the big X-Men movies where they save humanity but the smaller stories also have their place. The movie felt more like a couple of hours of a really good tv show rather than a summer blockbuster, but again that is what I wanted from a Solo origin story. I loved the Firefly TV Show and described it to friends who hadn't seen it yet as the story of Han Solo had the Empire won in RotJ, well this fits movie fits in with that idea pretty well. Han and Mal are a couple of good guys just trying to survive and stay out from under the thumb of an oppressive/corrupt government by operating on the fringes of society. A good time, and one cameo that took me by surprise.

It was better the first time as Firefly. I kept thinking on this is episode ---, oh now it is episode ---. It was OK. Nowhere near Roque One but better than TFA.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old June 10th, 2018, 05:47 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

So I've been wanting to come up with my Star Wars movie ranking list but it is a little difficult so I decided to do what I always do: Use the numbers.

I've only done the Phantom Menace so far (chose it first since it's the only Episode movie excluded from Machete Order, and that's how I want to watch the series when I do my rankings), but what I did for this was watch every chapter intensely, analyzing it and giving it a score out of 10. I then multiplied that number by the seconds in that chapter (according to this website). After doing that for every chapter, I totaled them up (excluding the Opening Logos and End Credits) and divided that number by the maximum amount of points that could be earned (time of movie in seconds times 10).

Anyways, at the end of the calculations for The Phantom Menace, it earned 50.44% of the maximum points. For comparison, The Phantom Menace earned a 6.5/10 on IMDb, 55% on Rotten Tomatoes, and a 51% on Metacritic. The link below is to the Chapter rankings and calculations:

The Phantom Menace Ranking
Old October 23rd, 2018, 06:47 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Just came across this nugget and thought I'd share it.
Old March 16th, 2019, 09:49 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Totally just came across these. I want a set
Old March 28th, 2019, 05:57 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Fantasy Flight Games just announced the Clone Wars Legion starter set. I'm not familiar with this era other than seeing the prequels once each when they came out.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/e...-have-begun-1/

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old March 28th, 2019, 08:43 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Fantasy Flight Games just announced the Clone Wars Legion starter set. I'm not familiar with this era other than seeing the prequels once each when they came out.

Oh........yes. Thanks for the heads up hahma. Im going to have to buy all this stuff. I love this.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old March 28th, 2019, 09:57 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:

Oh........yes. Thanks for the heads up hahma. Im going to have to buy all this stuff. I love this.
I figured you would Trex

Word is that they are going to start making the models out of hard plastic and be on sprues. I've read that there may be some build options for certain models. I guess they are going the route of Games Workshop in that regard, though I don't know if they will be as extensive with optional builds. But the prices look to be the same as the previous releases for comparable products.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old March 28th, 2019, 10:04 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I figured you would Trex

Word is that they are going to start making the models out of hard plastic and be on sprues. I've read that there may be some build options for certain models. I guess they are going the route of Games Workshop in that regard, though I don't know if they will be as extensive with optional builds. But the prices look to be the same as the previous releases for comparable products.
This is going to be expensive when I buy all of these. Id really like to try the rules out with my other minis before I pick it up but I dont know any local legion players.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old April 12th, 2019, 01:33 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Episode 9 trailer is out!!! Star Wars Celebration is this weekend so we should hear a lot of Star Wars news.

Spoilers from the trailer:
Spoiler Alert!
Old May 3rd, 2019, 10:25 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old May 3rd, 2019, 11:41 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape