Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old November 4th, 2011, 01:17 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
The Book of Kraven

The Book of Kraven

C3G MARVEL WAVE 10
TERRIFYING TEAM-UPS

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Sinister set.
Its model number and name are #082-084 / Kraven.
Its model number and name are #216 / Kraven the Spider.

Character Bio - Kraven the Hunter made his first debut as a villain who was obsessed with a challenge that his half-brother known as the Chameleon offered, which was hunting Spider-man. Managing to become a serious threat for the new hero, Kraven still faced defeat in the hands of the hero and continued on as threat against Spider-man. Doctor Octopus eventually invited him, along with Sandman, Electro, Vulture, and Mysterio to form the Sinister 6 in an attempt to defeat Spider-Man once and for all.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 08:25 PM. Reason: png
Old November 4th, 2011, 01:17 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Kraven - Design

NAME = KRAVEN
SECRET IDENTITY = SERGEI KRAVINOFF

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = HUNTER
PERSONALITY = SINISTER

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 7
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 200

BIG GAME TRACKER
At the start of the game, you may choose one opponent's Unique or Event Hero to be Kraven's Prey. When a numbered Order Marker is revealed on the Prey's card, you may immediately move Kraven up to 3 spaces. When moving with Big Game Tracker, Kraven is never attacked when leaving engagements. If Kraven attacks his Prey, he may attack his Prey one additional time.

BOLAS 12
Start the game with a brown Bolas Marker on this card. After moving and before attacking, if your Bolas Marker is on this card, you may choose a small, medium, or large figure within 4 clear sight spaces. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 12 or higher and the chosen figure is a Unique Hero, place your Bolas Marker on the chosen figure's card. Affected figures that are not Unique Heroes receive a wound. A chosen figure that has your Bolas Marker on its card cannot move and must roll 2 fewer defense dice. When the chosen figure receives a wound or is destroyed, place your Bolas Marker back on this card.

NERVE PUNCH
When attacking an opponent's adjacent figure with a normal attack, add one automatic skull to whatever is rolled. If Kraven inflicts one or more wounds on an adjacent Unique Hero with a normal attack, you may immediately remove one unrevealed Order Marker at random from the defending figure's Army Card.

SUPER STRENGTH

Last edited by Ronin; August 4th, 2018 at 09:18 PM.
Old November 4th, 2011, 01:25 AM
Tickle Pickle

Need Miniature Pictures Here Please!
Old November 4th, 2011, 07:15 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Hmm...I like Big Game Tracker, though depending on other powers, may be fine losing the double attack as double attack doesn't help against Spidey leaping away.

He should have Super Strength as he can lift 2 tons

I'd probably rather see a normal move of 7 than Tackle. He can top out a 60mph (like Bulldozer) and that could be used to help simulate a leap be being able to get up to height easily and with Super Strength he can leap down from height to get his prey.

Not so big on Hunter Prowess as it stands. I don't mind the leaving engagements, but the auto-skull is just close combat attack and could be something a little more unique.

Powers that are iconic to him IMO are:

Nerve Punch, where he can deaden nerves and lower the opponent's attack/defense for a short time because he is very knowledgeable in anatomy. In an early run-in with Spidey he used it to deaden Spidey's shoulder/arm to keep him from being able to use it for a while. I've seen him use it other times as well.

Drug Filled Tusk. He wears those tusks around his waist because they are filled with various drugs that he uses to incapacitate an opponent. He removes the tusk and jabs the opponent with it and they become woozy. Again, he's used it vs. Spidey and I've seen him use it against Tigra as well.

Kraven is also about things up to get his prey in a vulnerable position.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Last edited by Hahma; November 4th, 2011 at 08:16 AM.
Old November 4th, 2011, 08:19 AM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Big Game Tracker is cool. It would allow him to shoot at Spidey with a ranged attack for a second attack potentially. Maybe up his range to 6 or 7.

Hunter Prowess is kind of a Snoozer. I'd up his attack to 4.

I think Expert Climbing would be a better fit than Tackle.

Just riffing off of Hahma's comment for something that could fit either of those powers in a way to negate Spider Sense and possibly be reused.

INCAPACITATE
Before attacking with Kraven, you may choose an adjacent figure and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 15 or higher, the chosen figure cannot use any power on its Army Card for this turn.

That way you can attack at range with him, but you've got a lot more incentive to close in on your prey to negate their defensive ability.
Old November 4th, 2011, 08:59 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Like Incapacitate GP

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old November 4th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I dig what's in the SP, but I'm biased. It might feel more like a generic hunter than Kraven specifically, though, I can understand that. And I know you two have more experience with Kraven than I do.
I'm not sure I'm getting the theme on Incapacitate ... so he uses his poison filled Tusks or his nerve punch to partially paralyze you and that somehow nullifies Man of Steel or Magical Defense?
It seems like it should specifically prevent the defending figure from moving that turn ...

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 4th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Hahma, can he really lift 2 tons? Does that make him a Mutate, and how did he get his powers?
Old November 4th, 2011, 12:41 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I can answer those questions (and more!) pretty easily:

"By regularly ingesting the potion made from the various unnamed jungle herbs, Kraven grants himself a number of abilities including sufficient superhuman strength, speed, stamina, agility, and reflexes to make him a physical threat to Spider-Man, though these powers aren't as developed as those possessed by Spider-Man. Kraven's body is also more durable and more resistant to certain forms of injury than the body of a normal human. He can withstand great impact forces, such as falling from several stories or being repeatedly struck by a superhumanly strong opponent, that would severely injure or kill a normal human, with little to no injury to himself. The effects of the potion have dramatically altered Kraven's aging process to the point that he has aged little, if at all, over several decades. Despite being over 70 years of age, he has the physical appearance of a 30-year-old man. The potion enhances Kraven's sight, hearing, and smell to superhuman levels, adding to his already impressive tracking skills. He can see farther and with much greater clarity than a normal human. His hearing is similarly enhanced, enabling him to detect sounds an ordinary human cannot and sounds that a normal human could detect, but at much greater distances. Kraven can use his sense of smell to track a target by scent, much as some animals do, even if the scent has been somewhat eroded by natural factors.
Even without his superhuman powers, Kraven is an Olympic level athlete, a gifted tactician, hunter, and hand-to-hand combatant. He also has great knowledge of pressure points, both in the anatomy of humans and in many animals. He can strike at these nerve clusters with pinpoint accuracy, allowing him to incapacitate more powerful opponents or animals. He is familiar with many exotic poisons and tranquilizers, which he often uses during his hunts."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kraven_..._and_abilities

So, I'd say yes to Mutate from that, I think.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 4th, 2011, 01:18 PM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

If Superman can get stuck to Blob, get whipped to death by Catwoman, cursed by Scarlet Witch, shrunk by Braniac, etc he isn't completely invulnerable in this game. Why throw out a thematic power because because a 30 percent chance of bypassing Man of Steel? It's like saying we aren't going to be giving any new figures special attacks. He'd still be rolling 7 defense dice. Not a death sentence for him by any means.

I'd agree with Mutate. He's doing things that are far beyond what a Human can do. It's kind of a borderline case though. Are the affects of the potion permanent and will it wear off if he stops taking it? I think yes. I'm really not sure how you'd make a distinction between him and Captain America.

Someone put up the Spidey signal!
Old November 4th, 2011, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Pig View Post
If Superman can get stuck to Blob, get whipped to death by Catwoman, cursed by Scarlet Witch, shrunk by Braniac, etc he isn't completely invulnerable in this game. Why throw out a thematic power because because a 30 percent chance of bypassing Man of Steel? It's like saying we aren't going to be giving any new figures special attacks. He'd still be rolling 7 defense dice. Not a death sentence for him by any means.
That's the thing, though. I'm questioning how thematic the power is. I'm not worried about Superman's health here. It's more that I don't see how nullifying Man of Steel, Magical Defense, Steel Skin, even Blubber (thanks for the Blob reminder), and plenty more, is a good mechanical representation of the theme of incapacitating someone ... it seems like to do the job thematically here, the best bet is to stop the defending figure from moving on this turn ... which would ensure, for instance, that Kraven could get his double attack off on Spidey.
I think a lower roll on it and a non-moving clause could be the way to go thematically.

Old November 4th, 2011, 01:48 PM
Tickle Pickle

I think I have a mechanically solid design here that covers all the basics of what I would see Kraven do to defeat Spider-Man. Obviously he's not going to defeat him often or we've undone 60+ years of comic book history. With a character like Kraven, I think there are so many different directions you can go that you have to pick and choose. Just because Kraven can do something, doesn't mean he should on our C3G card. The original Superman we designed didn't have Heat Vision, Superbreath, Superspeed, X-Ray Vision, Heroic Duty, Man of Steel, Flying and Superstrength even though he can do all those things. I could see throwing something like this into Big Game Tracker, but I think what I have is a pretty solid design that lets Kraven work against more than just Spider-Man. I could boost his range to 6 so if he attacks Spider-Man in melee and Spider-Man gets away, he can still attack him again.

BIG GAME TRACKER
At the start of the game, you may choose one opponent's Unique Hero to be Kraven's Prey. After the Prey takes a turn you may immediately move Kraven up to 3 spaces. If Kraven attacks his Prey, he may attack his Prey one additional time. When Kraven's Prey is attacked by Kraven and rolls the 20-sided die for a special power, you may subtract 2 from the roll.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library