Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old February 7th, 2021, 09:09 PM

FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Book of Manticore (Breathing Period)

Statesman is going to have Heroic Duty so I want to hold onto the adjacent figure part, but shortening the name still keeps the idea of the power obvious. Makes it more reusable too.
Old February 7th, 2021, 09:25 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Heroic Duty synergy makes sense. That part just stood out to me as off when I was doing the wording but I still was able to edit that power down a lot.
Old February 7th, 2021, 09:44 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Edits.
Quote:
FREEDOM PHALANX COORDINATION
After revealing an Order Marker and taking a turn with a figure you control that has this special abilitypower, you may immediately take a turn with Manticore. During this turn, Manticore cannot move, and you may not take any additional turns.

NON-LETHAL QUIVER
Start the game with 2 blue Glue Arrow Markers and 2 red Flash Arrow Markers on this card. Instead ofBefore attacking, choose a Unique Hero within 8 clear sight spaces of Manticore and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 12 or higher, place an Arrow Marker on the figure’s Army Card and you may attack normally with Manticore. Figures with a:
  • Glue Arrow Marker on their card subtract 2 from their move and may not use the Flying special power.
  • Flash Arrow Marker on their Army Card reduce their range to 1.
At the end of each round, return all Arrow Markers placed by Manticore to this card.

EMERGENCY TELEPORTATION NETWORK
Once per round, instead of moving normally or after Manticore or an adjacent figure you control defends against an attack, Manticore may use Emergency Teleportation Network. To teleport, place Manticore on any empty space within 5 spaces of his current placement. When using Emergency Teleportation Networkmoving with this special power, Manticore will not take any leaving engagement attacks.
For pasteability:
Quote:
After revealing an Order Marker and taking a turn with a figure you control that has this special power, you may immediately take a turn with Manticore. During this turn, Manticore cannot move and you may not take any additional turns.

NON-LETHAL QUIVER
Start the game with 2 blue Glue Arrow Markers and 2 red Flash Arrow Markers on this card. Before attacking, choose a Unique Hero within 8 clear sight spaces of Manticore and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 12 or higher, place an Arrow Marker on the figure’s Army Card. Figures with a:
  • Glue Arrow Marker on their card subtract 2 from their move and may not use the Flying special power.
  • Flash Arrow Marker on their Army Card reduce their range to 1.
At the end of each round, return all Arrow Markers placed by Manticore to this card.

Once per round, instead of moving normally or after Manticore or an adjacent figure you control defends against an attack, place Manticore on any empty space within 5 spaces of his current placement. When moving with this special power, Manticore will not take any leaving engagement attacks.
I changed the quiver to before attacking as it saves a couple.words and the only effective difference is he still gets to attack if you roll below a 12, just without a marker. Plus I'm not sure why you would ever not want to roll for the arrows. It'd be an easy thing to change back though.
Old February 7th, 2021, 09:46 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Please don’t change the bullets I used to a list. It’s so much harder for the artist when it’s time to make the cards.
Old February 7th, 2021, 09:47 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

That's the first I'm hearing that.
Old February 7th, 2021, 09:49 PM
Tickle Pickle

Yea, I’m not sure I’ve said it before and I usually just edit SPs. But I noticed you specifically changed what I had there so I figured it’s a good time to say something. I can’t copy/paste the bullet from the list formatting but can from the way I posted it. Also makes it harder when I add stuff to the sortable Index when it’s using the List formatting.
Old February 8th, 2021, 09:21 AM

FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby!

Thanks a lot for the wording help guys. Updated the SP with Karat's wording and Tickle's bullets for Non-Lethal Quiver. Gonna let him sit for the rest of the day before I go into checklists, I think I'm going to start with him at 140, since that lets you take Manticore, Kate Bishop, Hawkeye III, Green Arrow I, and Red Arrow at 800.
Old February 8th, 2021, 09:31 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm getting about 180 on the calculator.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 8th, 2021, 09:47 AM

How's he looking with his attack at 3? He'll usually have height and 8 range, so base 4 attack is probably a bit high when I want his trick arrows to be the focus.
Old February 8th, 2021, 10:04 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFoods View Post
You’re a wizard Tickle, I really appreciate that. If that’s still over the limit I can go ahead and change his adhesive from “subtract 2 from their move and may not use the Flying special power” to “cannot move”, since I’m thinking the -2 move would see less use than the range reduction.
I like the "cannot move" FWIW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
I changed the quiver to before attacking as it saves a couple.words and the only effective difference is he still gets to attack if you roll below a 12, just without a marker. Plus I'm not sure why you would ever not want to roll for the arrows. It'd be an easy thing to change back though.
That makes sense and I believe it's similar to Roy's bolas glyph and Kraven.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old February 8th, 2021, 10:38 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFoods View Post
You’re a wizard Tickle, I really appreciate that. If that’s still over the limit I can go ahead and change his adhesive from “subtract 2 from their move and may not use the Flying special power” to “cannot move”, since I’m thinking the -2 move would see less use than the range reduction.
I like the "cannot move" FWIW.
I really do not. With their lasting the full round and coming back to him, that sounds really exploitable competitively and like a "have a bad time" kinda thing if you're running a melee army against him.

Going down to 3 attack would drop 10 points from the calculation.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 8th, 2021, 11:01 AM

As is, where he gets to attack even if he misses the marker, I'm fine with leaving it at a -2/no flying. If testing has that marker being ignored, bumping it to -3 wouldn't break it imo.

Cool, I'll drop the attack. I do want to shave a few more points to get a little closer to 140, do these changes help with that? I'd be cool with starting him at 150 if these don't bring his points down too much.

Now that I've typed out that change to ETN, I'm gonna go ahead and put it in. I think it gets the emergency part of the power through better, since he's only using it after a buddy or Manticore himself gets attacked.

Quote:
NAME = MANTICORE
SECRET IDENTITY = JUSTIN SINCLAIR

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ARCHER
PERSONALITY = PASSIONATE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 8
ATTACK = 4 3
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 140

After revealing an Order Marker and taking a turn with a figure you control that has this special power, you may immediately take a turn with Manticore. During this turn, Manticore cannot move and you may not take any additional turns.

NON-LETHAL QUIVER
Start the game with 2 blue Glue Arrow Markers and 2 red Flash Arrow Markers on this card. Before attacking, choose a Unique Hero within 8 clear sight spaces of Manticore and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 12 14 or higher, place an Arrow Marker on the figure’s Army Card. Figures with a:
•Glue Arrow Marker on their card subtract 2 from their move and may not use the Flying special power.
•Flash Arrow Marker on their Army Card reduce their range to 1.

Once per round, instead of moving normally or after Manticore or an adjacent figure you control defends against an attack, you may place Manticore on any empty space within 5 spaces of his current placement. When moving with this special power, Manticore will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library