Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old January 31st, 2021, 11:10 PM

Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Book of Kraven

Ok, now I'm confused. I thought quozl was in the "it goes away when he dies" camp..but the proposed wording change is for it to stay.

I am with IAmBatman that we need to figure out the original intent and then come up with the wording...

Anyone remember the original intent (and what was playtested)? Looks like it was a long time ago.

I was EyeOfSauron back in the day.
Now I'm Mythic.
Old February 1st, 2021, 01:47 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythic View Post
Ok, now I'm confused. I thought quozl was in the "it goes away when he dies" camp..but the proposed wording change is for it to stay.

I am with IAmBatman that we need to figure out the original intent and then come up with the wording...

Anyone remember the original intent (and what was playtested)? Looks like it was a long time ago.
I LDed it. It was intended to work until the marker was removed. That’s the only logical way.
Old February 1st, 2021, 07:59 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah fortunately we still have the “original framers” around for most of these.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 1st, 2021, 12:34 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Kraven - Design

Ugh that just sounds hacky. Honestly this whole power reads wonky, but I think it needs something to the effect of "While this marker is on that figure's card". @Karat @Ronin any suggestions?
Old February 1st, 2021, 04:09 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Ugh that just sounds hacky. Honestly this whole power reads wonky, but I think it needs something to the effect of "While this marker is on that figure's card". @Karat @Ronin any suggestions?
Thematically it makes sense for it to keep working if the figure dies. Though technically “while the marker is on” wording is not enough. If it was a glyph it would have its own card but since this is a marker, once Kraven is destroyed the power goes away unless there is either the “even if this figure is destroyed” or they “for the entire game”

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old February 1st, 2021, 09:48 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Thematically it makes sense for it to keep working if the figure dies. Though technically “while the marker is on” wording is not enough. If it was a glyph it would have its own card but since this is a marker, once Kraven is destroyed the power goes away unless there is either the “even if this figure is destroyed” or they “for the entire game”
you would definitely need the "For the entire game" or "even while this figure is destroyed wording". Alternatively, we could slim the card by giving him Bolas off of Arsenal. The only effective change is that he wouldn't be able to equip anything else while he still had the Bolas.
Old February 1st, 2021, 11:38 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'd like Kraven with a Bolas glyph.
Old February 1st, 2021, 11:45 PM
Tickle Pickle

Not changing the design. Just wording it the way it always was meant to be worded.
Old February 1st, 2021, 11:49 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Not changing the design. Just wording it the way it always was meant to be worded.
Well no design belongs to any one person, but I will put my support behind not changing it to the glyph, the Bolas Glyph was modeled off this but it's different. The Bolas get three shots and you can use multiple at a time but after three they are done.

Kraven gets one at a time but he gets them repeatedly.

They play differently and I like that and think it should remain as is just worded to meet intent and common scene thematics. They aren't magical bolas that fade away when he's killed.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old February 2nd, 2021, 12:17 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

For the record, I wasn't recommending it. Just something that occurred to me.
Old February 2nd, 2021, 12:34 PM

Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby!

Our experience from this weekend was that Bolas is already pretty powerful... and really changes the course of the game like few other specials.

Kraven managed to neutralize HulkBuster (a large portion of the player's points) who had to just sit in the same spot most of the game and the battle shifted to another part of the map.

Since we reasoned it went away if Kraven was destroyed the player went after him to free HB back up. Without the ability to free HB by killing Kraven, I think it would have been an even more lopsided game.

I was EyeOfSauron back in the day.
Now I'm Mythic.
Old February 2nd, 2021, 01:02 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythic View Post
Our experience from this weekend was that Bolas is already pretty powerful... and really changes the course of the game like few other specials.

Kraven managed to neutralize HulkBuster (a large portion of the player's points) who had to just sit in the same spot most of the game and the battle shifted to another part of the map.

Since we reasoned it went away if Kraven was destroyed the player went after him to free HB back up. Without the ability to free HB by killing Kraven, I think it would have been an even more lopsided game.
Valid.

The glyph has this line at the end...
Quote:
Instead of taking a turn with an affected figure, the player controlling that figure may remove that Bolas Marker from the game card.
Perhaps we look at that?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library