Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Notices

Old November 30th, 2017, 10:04 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: TV: What Are You Watching?

Its a good time coming up for history buffs on History, who every once in a while actually does something historical, as opposed to modern reality shows:

Vikings The new season kicked off last night with a first episode of the best media project on the Norsemen ever made. If I collect the DVDs, you know I love it!

Knightfall This brand new medieval drama series about to start will tell the story of the Knights Templar! It should be fun.
Old November 30th, 2017, 12:22 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Yeah, I love Vikings as well and hope Knightfall also turns out to be good.
Old November 30th, 2017, 01:49 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

CW crossover!

Killer Frost!!
Old November 30th, 2017, 05:16 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

CW/HISTORY CROSSOVER: Killer Frost vs Viking Templars!

Hey, it could happen...
Old December 1st, 2017, 08:12 AM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Its a good time coming up for history buffs on History, who every once in a while actually does something historical, as opposed to modern reality shows:

Vikings The new season kicked off last night with a first episode of the best media project on the Norsemen ever made. If I collect the DVDs, you know I love it!

Knightfall This brand new medieval drama series about to start will tell the story of the Knights Templar! It should be fun.
I'm a big Vikings fan myself and I'm looking very forward to Knightfall.

Have you tried The Last Kingdom on Netflix? It is another vikings show that I started watching as just a cheap substitute until the real Vikings started back up. It turns out that I really enjoyed that show as well.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old December 1st, 2017, 03:03 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I've watched a few episodes of Godless on Netflix. It's a dark story set in a gritty old west. I'm really enjoying it so far.

They're calling it a "limited series" or something, making me think it's just one season. Which is fine with me; there are many too many shows that go on and on. I can't keep up with them all. Thank goodness this, at least, will be one and done.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old December 2nd, 2017, 10:49 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

My daughters and I just watched the 2 hour season premier of Agents of SHIELD. Wow! This is freaking awesome and this coming season seems incredible.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old December 3rd, 2017, 02:59 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
My daughters and I just watched the 2 hour season premier of Agents of SHIELD. Wow! This is freaking awesome and this coming season seems incredible.
I agree, was blown away by the plot twist and excited about where this season will go. It is too bad they have given the show the death sentence by moving it to Friday night. Don't expect there to be a season 6.
Old December 3rd, 2017, 05:54 AM

Keglo,

I saw The Last Kingdom when it first came out via my Free Cable On Demand, and enjoyed it also. For those who don't know, its the Viking invasions as seen from the Saxon Kingdoms' points of view--the defenders. During that time, the Vikings managed to take over or destroy all of the Saxon Kingdoms like Northumbria, Mercia, and East Anglia, so that only Wessex under Alfred the Great survived, and he's a major character in the show.

The Vikings made York (aka "Jorvik") up north their capital in "England" for quite a while, which is where some of my ancestors hail from. Alfred managed to split the island with them, and so the northern half became know as the The Danelaw, where Viking law prevailed. For a while, a Scandanavian king actually ruled England as well as his own country, and created a Northern Empire including them both. The Viking Age in England ended in 1066 when Harald Hardrada, the last major invader, failed in his campaign up north. But he so weakened the Saxon Harold, that when Harold marched south to confront a second invader, he was defeated by the Norman Duke--William the Conqueror.

An old Victorian British history book for children started out "Celt, Saxon, and Dane are we."

For those into early English history, the newest and 8th game in the COIN system by GMT, Pendragon, is coming out this month, and covers the Fall of Roman Britain from England as a diocese of the Roman Empire until the Saxon Kingdoms, just before the Viking Era. The four factions in it are The Dux (the Roman and post Roman Army including the historical Arthurian Period), the Civitates (the Romano-British ruling class), the Celtic Irish/Pictish raiders by land and sea, and the Saxon invaders, including the Saxon mercenaries who worked for the first two factions.
Old December 3rd, 2017, 12:22 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

AoS was top notch. Loved the nod to the Inhumans as YoYo says she thought Shield had a secret base on the moon. Awesome!

Maybe we will get to see the alternate Ghost Rider that shows up in the GotG comics.

AoS has gone full out Firefly, love it.
Old December 13th, 2017, 10:11 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

I just finished Dark on Netflix. It's, well, dark. It's a German sci-fi show that rightly draws a lot of comparisons to Stranger Things. It doesn't have the youthful joy, ubiquitous eighties flavor, or the humor of Stranger Things, but it is pretty good. It is a little difficult to watch at times, and I think the voice over actors are not always the best. It's pretty mind bending.
Old December 14th, 2017, 11:23 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
As a completist, I'm about to watch the season finale On Demand. I kept wondering if it would get better. It didn't.
I didn't dislike Inhumans, but it certainly didn't wow me. I'd be okay if it were one-and-done.

I certainly don't think it deserved to usurp the typical fall-premiere of Agents of SHIELD - which has, so far been frickin' awesome!

SHIELD...in space!

The Gifted took several episodes to grow on me, but now that the mid-season finale has aired, the story has built to the point that I'm anticipating it's return. FOX has pulled a few deep cuts for this story line, and I find myself looking forward to new episodes in the same way I was with Legion this time last year.

Oh, and for any Marvel fan who hasn't yet watched The Punisher - do so immediately. It might just be the best of the Netflix series yet, IMO.

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV