Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old November 16th, 2020, 10:54 PM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Knockback Optional Rules

I appreciate the vote of confidence!
Old November 17th, 2020, 06:24 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, I kind of dig that approach.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 18th, 2020, 11:57 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

We play it as optional and you can choose to use it or not each attack.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old November 18th, 2020, 05:30 PM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Since we're both used to that method, let me know if you ever want to playtest on TTS!

Actually, would it be ok to playtest with this use of rules?

And while updates are being made to rulebooks, the rulebook example for rolling for knockback damage differs from the rule. Not something I'd get confused about these days, but way back when I was first reading the rules, I had to inquire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyhandle View Post
Here's the Rule version:

Here's how the example is written:

Should say,
"we must roll one unblockable attack die against Solomon Grundy and one unblockable attack die against Joker for Knockback Damage."
Old November 18th, 2020, 05:43 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Ah, yeah, single roll instead of multiple. Good catch.

I think as long as you note it in the test and any effect it might've had on the results, using Knockback in testing is fine. It mildly shifts the metagame for some figures, but I don't think it's hugely impactful on the whole unless you're also fighting on skyscrapers or something.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 18th, 2020, 05:50 PM
Casing the Corners

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Ah, yeah, single roll instead of multiple. Good catch.

I think as long as you note it in the test and any effect it might've had on the results, using Knockback in testing is fine. It mildly shifts the metagame for some figures, but I don't think it's hugely impactful on the whole unless you're also fighting on skyscrapers or something.
Awesome, thank you!
Old November 19th, 2020, 12:49 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Since we're both used to that method, let me know if you ever want to playtest on TTS!
I've been saving up for a new computer for Christmas so I can actually use TTS without my computer needing to reboot every 30 minutes. So we will see. I need to get back into the groove.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old November 19th, 2020, 09:09 AM

Quote:

And while updates are being made to rulebooks, the rulebook example for rolling for knockback damage differs from the rule. Not something I'd get confused about these days, but way back when I was first reading the rules, I had to inquire.

Quote:
Here's the Rule version:

Should say,
"we must roll one unblockable attack die against Solomon Grundy and one unblockable attack die against Joker for Knockback Damage."
@A3n did you happen to have the file for this one as well?

Old November 19th, 2020, 06:29 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:

Quote:
Here's the Rule version:

Should say,
@A3n did you happen to have the file for this one as well?
Pretty sure I do.
Old November 19th, 2020, 08:31 PM

Great news! I don't believe the text is written out anywhere here (?) so it'd just be an update of the PDF needed. Please and thank you.

Old November 21st, 2020, 09:16 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Ok, so it seems I didn't have the InDesign file for this one. Not sure if there was one as this was taken from original Worlds Finest rulebook that was done in MS Word. I still had that Word file & got the main rule text from there. However I had to remake the example panels. I didn't have the original example battlefield pictures so they are just from the word doc also -- meaning not great quality. I couldn't find the image used on the cover but I think the one I have used fits this rulebook better than the original one as it looks like parasite ridden Superman is being "knocked back". As opposed to buried like the original.

As I was typing the examples out completely I did change the wordage a little to make it a bit clearer (IMO) & a little more in-line with the official rulebooks. I also did a few little edits in the main text though these were mainly punctuation fixes that I noticed at a quick glance.

Anyway all this to say. Please proofread this carefully & ensure I haven't made any typos & ensure that the wordage I have used is accurate & acceptable.

Cheers
Old November 21st, 2020, 10:06 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Since we are already in here, I'd make these changes to the main text.
Quote:
KNOCKBACK
Knockback is an optional rules system intended to bring a simulateion of the mighty power of super strong fighters smashing each other with powerful melee attacks and the resulting backward tumbles and stumbles. Knockback is an optional rule that is considered an extension of the Super Strength special power on a figure’s Army Card and is affected, as such, by any powers that would nullify or bypass the Super Strength special power.

When a figure with the Super Strength power attacks an adjacent figure with a normal attack, and the adjacent figure does not ignore the attack, after damage has been resolved, determine Knockback. To determine Knockback, each skull rolled by the attacking figure counts as one Knockback point (KP). Each skull rolled by the defending figure cancels out one KP rolled by the attacker.

KNOCKBACK: ADJACENT
If the attacking figure has any remaining KPs, move the defending figure directly away from the attacker in a straight line a number of spaces equal to the remaining KPs. When determining a straight line, use the attacker’s hex and the defender’s hex as the first two points in the line. These first two points are not counted as part of the Knockback. If multiple straight lines can be determined due to figures with double spaced bases, the attacking figure chooses which to use.

KNOCKBACK: MOVEMENT
When moving the figure, count changes in elevation normally and ignore all abilities that affect the figure’s movement such as Flying, Climbing and etc. Ignore all special terrain rules except when it would wound or destroy the figure. The defending figure may not move through any figure when being
moved by knockback.

If you are unable to move the defending figure due to another figure, a special power, a glyph, a destructible object, an obstacle, or change in elevation, roll for Knockback Damage (KD). If a Knockback would cause a figure to move off of the map, place the figure on the last available move space on the edge of the map and do not roll for KD. Figures will not receive leaving engagement attacks during Knockback and are susceptible to falling damage. Determine falling damage after Knockback has been resolved.

KNOCKBACK DAMAGE
Roll one attack die for Knockback Damage. A skull rolled counts as an unblockable hit to both the defending figure and any figure or destructible object that prevented its movement.
Mostly I cut out some words and altered punctuation. I also split up the text slightly differently into paragraphs that I feel flow better and make more sense.

The examples looked good.

For pasteability:
Quote:
KNOCKBACK
Knockback is an optional rules system intended to simulate the mighty power of super strong fighters smashing each other with powerful melee attacks and the resulting backward tumbles and stumbles.Knockback is considered an extension of the Super Strength special power on a figure’s Army Card and is affected, as such, by any powers that would nullify or bypass the Super Strength special power.

When a figure with the Super Strength power attacks an adjacent figure with a normal attack and the adjacent figure does not ignore the attack, after damage has been resolved, determine Knockback. To determine Knockback, each skull rolled by the attacking figure counts as one Knockback point (KP). Each skull rolled by the defending figure cancels out one KP rolled by the attacker.

KNOCKBACK: ADJACENT
If the attacking figure has any remaining KPs, move the defending figure directly away from the attacker in a straight line a number of spaces equal to the remaining KPs. When determining a straight line, use the attacker’s hex and the defender’s hex as the first two points in the line. These first two points are not counted as part of the Knockback. If multiple straight lines can be determined due to figures with double spaced bases, the attacking figure chooses which to use.

KNOCKBACK: MOVEMENT
When moving the figure, count changes in elevation normally and ignore all abilities that affect the figure’s movement such as Flying, Climbing and etc. Ignore all special terrain rules except when it would wound or destroy the figure. The defending figure may not move through any figure when being
moved by knockback.

If you are unable to move the defending figure due to another figure, special power, glyph, destructible object, an obstacle, or change in elevation, roll for Knockback Damage (KD). If a Knockback would cause a figure to move off of the map, place the figure on the last available space on the edge of the map and do not roll for KD. Figures will not receive leaving engagement attacks during Knockback and are susceptible to falling damage. Determine falling damage after Knockback has been resolved.

KNOCKBACK DAMAGE
Roll one attack die for Knockback Damage. A skull rolled counts as an unblockable hit to both the defending figure and any figure or destructible object that prevented its movement.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library