Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old May 16th, 2009, 12:32 PM
Theme Nerd

badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Image Comics: Badrock and Chapel (my first customs )

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpetrunak View Post
Wow really guys ? Not one of you has anything to say about my customs ? No critiques, no suggestions ... ?
Get used to it. Typically, there isn't a lot of dialogue/critiques of customs other than in the few "formal/organized" threads. It is neither good nor bad, just the way it is.

I have done about 25 customs, all posted on here, and have gotten comments on (I believe) just one of them.

My best advice is to simply play test your customs and modify from there.

I think everyone has customs that are good and everyone has some that are shaky, and that goes for just about every customizer I have seen. The point being, if they fit your needs and your desires, then it is probably "up to the community's standards". Have fun with it.
Old May 16th, 2009, 03:03 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

The best way to get attention for your individual thread (besides posting a link to it in your sig line) - and this is what I was told when I first got into customs a couple years back now - is to go around and comment on other people's customs, and critique them. Also, nowadays, if you're really interested in community feedback on what you're doing, participate in open community projects like NM24. Earn people's respect by helping them with their work and there will surely be a growing interest in what you, yourself are doing.
I'd never stopped to look in on Matt Helm's custom thread once before I saw all the great work he was doing over at NM24. Now I pop my head in there all the time. Not sure how helpful I am, but I go there! lol. And that's just one of many examples of this.
I'll tell you one thing, though. Nothing makes me LESS inclined to comment on someone's thread than to see them make one post to start their custom thread and then less than a week later post their second post just to complain about no responses. That's bad form in my book.
To keep it relevant, though, nice job on the custom mods. That's something I've never been good at and I'm always impressed to see it done well.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 18th, 2009, 12:45 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgermaniac View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpetrunak View Post
Wow really guys ? Not one of you has anything to say about my customs ? No critiques, no suggestions ... ?
Get used to it. Typically, there isn't a lot of dialogue/critiques of customs other than in the few "formal/organized" threads. It is neither good nor bad, just the way it is.

I have done about 25 customs, all posted on here, and have gotten comments on (I believe) just one of them.

My best advice is to simply play test your customs and modify from there.

I think everyone has customs that are good and everyone has some that are shaky, and that goes for just about every customizer I have seen. The point being, if they fit your needs and your desires, then it is probably "up to the community's standards". Have fun with it.
Honestly the best advice is to comment on other people's customs. If others see you are interested in the communities goals as well as your own, many people will be much more interested in checking out your work.

Another thing is that many people are not familiar with Image comics.

And badgermaniac, I think there is a lot of feedback thrown around here compared with other custom areas. Remember my signature. In my early days back on HQ, wow no one even knows what that is anymore, you would be lucky to have someone post in your thread unless you were a well established name. I know I try to get around to as many people as I can, but sometimes I just can't read everything.

Old November 25th, 2019, 06:02 PM
has been BANNED

Jimmieinome is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
how to lose weight without exercise fast

Spam

Last edited by IAmBatman; November 25th, 2019 at 06:52 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations