Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old April 25th, 2014, 11:31 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Cool.

My girls are so fickle and are hit or miss (mostly miss lately) with games, and with my nephew working his butt off and also finishing up senior year in H.S., he doesn't have time anymore for gaming. So I rely on my game group and while it's great, it's tough to get 2 player games played very often. Though one buddy in the group and I have set up 2 player game nights once a month, but we've got enough already to try to get to before getting more, despite some cool new ones out there.
You know I'm up for some two player gaming in May! Though Taeblewalker's been talking about coming in - maybe we should all try to meet up and take it to three?
That would be cool. Sunday the 18th is when I'm leaving Cortland to head back toward Erie for the night, so I am in no hurry to get to Erie. That was the plan right, Sunday stop over on my way to Erie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akden View Post
I played a game of Suburbia with my son yesterday, and surprisingly, he thoroughly enjoyed it. For anyone not aware, Suburbia is a tile-laying game in which you're competing to build the suburb that attracts the highest population. Your tiles have various effects depending on where they are placed and what other tiles are in play. You have to balance your income and population growth throughout the game. I won by 17 points, but only because I scored the 20-point bonus for the fewest lakes in my suburb at the end.

It's a great game, but because it doesn't involve rolling dice, shooting aliens, or eliminating other players, I didn't expect my son to like it. He immediately asked to play again this week-end, so I hope to get the rest of the family involved as well.
I have Suburbia and agree, it's a great game!

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old April 25th, 2014, 11:39 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yep, that's the plan.

Enough with that, though!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 25th, 2014, 12:11 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Yep, that's the plan.

Enough with that, though!

Yep, but at least I included a comment about Suburbia

Old April 25th, 2014, 12:23 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
How's Paint the Town Red? I'm dying to get mine in, but it's in preorder limbo with Dead of Winter and a bunch of other stuff I paid for back in January. (I'm really hoping it all comes in by the time my birthday hits near the end of May!).
I liked it. We only got in one game with it, but it feels like what I like in an expansion for a good game--more of the same, but with a few twists. The Wall Crawl power is excellent, the Feast (Villain) power absolutely sucks (as it should), and the Masterminds feel different, but cool.

It's infused just a bit more into the game and with my kids recently watching Ultimate Spiderman on Netflix, it was perfect timing to dig into some Spidey Legendary.

--

Suburbia is one of my favorite games that I don't own (it and Village, top that list, I think). Some day I'll pick it up, I'm sure, but for now I enjoy it tremendously whenever someone else has a copy. Love the theme, love the distinctive play--just plain fun.
Old April 25th, 2014, 01:11 PM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Got my Marvel Dice yesterday. I got super lucky and got my starter at the LGS (not exactly local if you have to drive an hour is it?) and then found 3 more starters at a Target. I had also picked up a Gravity Feed. So now my playgroup is pretty well set. Im about to head out for some games so Ill post later tonight how things went.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Old April 25th, 2014, 01:37 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Cool.

My girls are so fickle and are hit or miss (mostly miss lately) with games, and with my nephew working his butt off and also finishing up senior year in H.S., he doesn't have time anymore for gaming. So I rely on my game group and while it's great, it's tough to get 2 player games played very often. Though one buddy in the group and I have set up 2 player game nights once a month, but we've got enough already to try to get to before getting more, despite some cool new ones out there.
You know I'm up for some two player gaming in May! Though Taeblewalker's been talking about coming in - maybe we should all try to meet up and take it to three?
That would be cool. Sunday the 18th is when I'm leaving Cortland to head back toward Erie for the night, so I am in no hurry to get to Erie. That was the plan right, Sunday stop over on my way to Erie.
Count me in!

Old April 25th, 2014, 02:53 PM

Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby!

Hello everyone, I'm starting a weekly board game group over the summer, and I'm wondering if there are any good games out there that I could get for cheap. I'm not sure how big the group will be, but we will only have about 1 1/4 hours to play. I have a medium-ish collection of Heroscape, as well as a bunch of other random games, (about half of which are mainstream classics like Battleship and Scrabble), and a couple of homemade games. Any suggestions?
Old April 25th, 2014, 03:04 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Love Letter is super cheap and I hear very good things!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 25th, 2014, 04:08 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Cheap game for 2:
Star Realms ($15) (dueling card game)

Cheap game for 2-4:
Love Letter ($10) (deduction)

Cheap game for 5+:
The Resistance (various) (deduction, hidden roles)

Other cheap games for 2+, don't know prices:
Bananagrams (word game, much better than Scrabble for a group)
Hey, That's My Fish (abstract)

I'll add more if I think of them. I like each of those games without reservation.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old April 25th, 2014, 04:09 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Love Letter is super cheap and I hear very good things!

Yeah, Love Letter is fun for sure and cheap. Plays up to 4 and is best with 3 or 4. It's like $7.50 at Miniaturemarket.com But if you get Love Letter, you need to sleeve the cards because it's the type of game where a marked edge of a card can give it away and mess things up. It's a deduction game and not one where people should know what a card is because of a mark on it from getting shuffled.

Guildhall
is really good too. It plays 2-4 and I've enjoyed it with 2, 3 or 4 players. Not too expensive, like $20 at Miniaturemarket.com.

Blueprints is also a neat little game for around $20 at Miniature Market. Plays up to 4.

Coloretto is a fun little card game and is only around $10 at Miniature Market. It plays up to 5 people.

Incan Gold is a light little push your luck game that is fun. Plays up to 8 players. It's around $16 at Miniature Market.

Last edited by Hahma; April 25th, 2014 at 04:15 PM.
Old April 25th, 2014, 04:28 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Ooh, I really like Guildhall. Good one, Hahma. It has the advantage of being both inexpensive and heavy-ish brain burner, so would be a good counterweight to the many light games that are going to be on this shopping list.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; April 25th, 2014 at 04:37 PM.
Old April 25th, 2014, 04:39 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Pimp: The Backhanding 2-4 Adults
  • Enough strategy and variety to offer great repeat play value…
  • But not so complex that you can’t play after too many beers or too few pretzels
  • If you like being politically correct and never laughing, don’t buy this game
  • A fast-playing, yet high-strategy game, ideal for after-hours game-nights
  • Suggested for mature players.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games