Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old October 1st, 2019, 03:03 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
Life of 3 feels off, too weak. The weakest Dwarf is a 4 life and he is a Sneak Attacking Rogue. This guy is suppose to be a protector, 3 life is feels really off.
I went between 3 and 4 life a bit before submitting, but decided on 3. That was part of why I made him the secondary submission, because if he fails, I'll be changing his life to 4, probably bumping his points to 70, and resubmitting with a bit of testing, unless there's something brought up in the review that changes my mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
They are a set of 5 figures that all sold together. I don't want anyone to buy all 5 figures, and only get to use 1 of them. But if you bought all 5, and could only use 4 of them, I wouldn't feel too bad about that.
To this end, it seems that Dalmar's single power should interact with the squad.
Fair point. I hate to make that change right now after resubmitting, but would it be acceptable to amend the ability to include all friendly squads, and common figures? Without bonding I doubt it will significantly help any unique squads other than the Great Axes, so I'm not opposed to that change.
Old October 1st, 2019, 04:09 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Fair point. I hate to make that change right now after resubmitting, but would it be acceptable to amend the ability to include all friendly squads, and common figures? Without bonding I doubt it will significantly help any unique squads other than the Great Axes, so I'm not opposed to that change.
It's a broad beneficial ability even if not that powerful and does effect anything he's adjacent to. Right now it can benefit 70ish figures, that change would be benefiting to 130ish? or so. May as well have just kept that he protects friendly figures against anything adjacent to him. I think it'd be more niche protecting his subordinates or benefiting small figures more given he is a dwarf. It's your concept though so up to you and this isn't the place to workshop.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old October 1st, 2019, 04:20 PM

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
Quote:
It's a broad beneficial ability even if not that powerful and does effect anything he's adjacent to. Right now it can benefit 70ish figures, that change would be benefiting to 130ish? or so. May as well have just kept that he protects friendly figures against anything adjacent to him. I think it'd be more niche protecting his subordinates or benefiting small figures more given he is a dwarf. It's your concept though so up to you and this isn't the place to workshop.
Unless the current iteration really bothers the judges, I'm okay with it staying common only. The idea behind that being that he's trying to protect those that are most likely to need help, which would usually be common units. Unique units are usually better able to take care of the themselves.
Old October 1st, 2019, 04:29 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
Quote:
Unless the current iteration really bothers the judges, I'm okay with it staying common only. The idea behind that being that he's trying to protect those that are most likely to need help, which would usually be common units. Unique units are usually better able to take care of the themselves.
True unique squads are rather rare in this game. I'd find it funny him protecting any of the Varkaanan, the Incendiborgs or Sentinels of Grax though. It does make me think there needs to be more unique squads created.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old October 1st, 2019, 07:53 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I may have missed the Common restriction earlier, but it doesn't make sense for Protector of Ironstone to not protect the Ironstone. So to review Dalmar as his card stands.

to review the Great Axes, though.
Old October 2nd, 2019, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
I may have missed the Common restriction earlier, but it doesn't make sense for Protector of Ironstone to not protect the Ironstone. So to review Dalmar as his card stands.

Alright, sorry to do this to the SoV. I feel like I shouldn't resubmit so quickly, but I don't want this to be the thing that shoots Dalmar down.

I'm either amending Dalmar's ability, if that is something I'm allowed to do, or I'm removing, and resubmitting Dalmar, whichever is easier. Either way, I'd like them to be released together if possible.

Old October 2nd, 2019, 08:16 AM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post

Alright, sorry to do this to the SoV. I feel like I shouldn't resubmit so quickly, but I don't want this to be the thing that shoots Dalmar down.

I'm either amending Dalmar's ability, if that is something I'm allowed to do, or I'm removing, and resubmitting Dalmar, whichever is easier. Either way, I'd like them to be released together if possible.

@Leaf_It I don't think Protector of Ironstone is quite right as is. There's too many specifications going on in the power. Why not huge figures? Why ALL squad AND common figures. I don't see the need for Dalmar to be such a universal cheerleader. Hone some restrictions in on that bad boy. Protector of Ironstone sounds like just a protector of dwarves to me...

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs
Old October 2nd, 2019, 08:31 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

That’s also a significant change that may/should require some additional playtesting imo

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old October 2nd, 2019, 08:54 AM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Dwarves in D&D lore have great properties vs Huge/Large figures. I don't see why he wouldn't have this either.

Feels like a Theme miss here.

Common feels unnecessary also.

I'd agree that this feels like something a little more playtesting should help settle/research. Still like the concept, just isn't refined yet.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old October 2nd, 2019, 09:38 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

I will take it as a retraction and resubmission.

I applaud decision to change, but I feel you missed the mark. Why still have Commons? Is there some synergy you're forcing here? It seems that simply "Squad figures" does what you need, mechanically and thematically. His picky protection was already pushing things thematically; I feel this just muddies it more.

to review Dalmar Stonewall
Old October 2nd, 2019, 09:57 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

How about you pull the Dalmar submission and we discuss it further in the workshop thread?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 2nd, 2019, 10:09 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Keep working it, Leaf It. It still looks close. Every change requires a lot of time, though, and (as Sir H. said) additional testing.

It'll get there.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs