Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Notices

Old May 27th, 2016, 11:59 AM

mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness
McMeeple's Custom Building Terrain: TMNT Noodle Shop

I love to build things and so I naturally fell in love with @Grishnakh 's custom building designs. But I am not content to just build what others have designed. I have been working for a long while to create my own buildings and I am ready to release the plans for the first one.

With the release of TMNT Heroclix sets I am super excited to blend TMNT into the world of Heroscape. Custom buildings seemed like a great opportunity to do this. This design (and several more I have in the works) fit into this.

My second objective was to not just repeat the same format Grishnakh used. Yes, I modeled my designs after his dimensions and structure so they blend together. However, my hope was to add some diversity to his fantastic options.

The Buildings

Grishnakh's Pizza
Pizza Shop PDF Download

As an easy way to ease into the work of making my own designs I started super simple. And what better way to start in the TMNT world then with pizza! This smaller building should work as a great filler between other large buildings.

The building can also act as a sort of healing glyph (custom card included). Figures standing at the front of the shop can use their turn to consume pizza and heal damage.

Finally, I genuinely appreciate the work Grishnakh did and I figured this could be a fun tribute to his designs.

Mechanic Shop
Mechanic Shop PDF Download

I am very excited to release my second building, the Mechanic Shop. It is based on 3 buildings that can be combined in numerous ways to create many possible layouts.

I encourage you to try out the stair rules (below) in combination with this building set. In limited play testing I have found that it allows you to rapidly move around the buildings and helps to reduce the feeling that buildings slow down game time for grounded figures.

A few alternate layouts using the 3 buildings:
Spoiler Alert!

Scape City Hospital
Scape City Hospital PDF Download

Even Superman needs a little help now and then. With this in mind I bring you the Scape City Hospital. This new building is based on 4 separate structures that can be combined in numerous ways to create many possible layouts. You can choose to make all 4 or any subset of these buildings.

The designs are setup to easily work with both the elevator and staircase rules.

A few alternate layouts using the 4 buildings:
Spoiler Alert!

Mr. Murakami's Noodle Shop
Noodle Shop PDF Download

Sure pizza is the Turtle's favorite food, but even they like a little variety on their menu. This 4 story Noodle Shop is designed after the one seen in the 2003 cartoon series. I am particularly excited to be adding more to the TMNT theme I am working on.

The building is 4 stories and prints on 8.5x11" paper with no need to double up on any sides.

The back and a close up of the front (Which I am particularly proud of as I made it almost entirely from scratch):
Spoiler Alert!

Building Accessories

Papercraft AC units
Papercraft AC Units PDF Download

I wanted some AC units to put on top of my growing collection of buidings. I couldn't find anything ready to go so I made my own. This is my first stab at making anything like this (papercraft stuff), but I am happy with how it turned out! This AC unit is 1" square and 1 1/8" tall (3 hexes).

AC unit printed in black & white (color printer is out of ink today):

Full color AC unit:

Stairs, Elevators & Doors
Stairs, Elevators & Doors PDF Download

I am working on a mechanic shop building based on 3 modular buildings that you can combine in many ways. As a part of this I wanted figures to be able to move through the floors and out doors using stairs. With this in mind I created a small set of resources for creating stairs between floors. Between stairs, elevators and ladders we can build many routes to move around a board.

These are basically an alternative to elevators for shorter buildings. I recommend limiting them to 1 and 2 story buildings, but you can combine the cards in any way you like to create staircases as tall as you want!

This includes my own version of elevator cards. This was only for cosmetic reasons. I wanted stair and elevator cards that go together well and so I made my own. Grishnakh's rules and cards work perfect though if you already have them. Also, I liked the idea that the primary color would help players distinguish between elevators and stairs on the map.

Finally this includes a draft of my rules for doors. This is not the main focus of this resource so I just wanted to get-er-done. I will likely return to these and refine them at a latter date. I am just eager to get the mechanic shop out the door so this is me pushing forward.

1 story staircase card:

2 story staircase card:

Elevator card:

The PDF download also includes markers for stair and elevator entrances plus door markers for locked and unlocked doors.

Other Stuff
I have a pinterest board where I collect random ideas for CityScape. I figured I would share it as there are more ideas then one could ever complete.

My Heroscape CityScape Idea board on Pinterest.

Last edited by mcmeeple; July 6th, 2016 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Added Scape City Hospital
Old May 27th, 2016, 12:02 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth
Re: McMeeple's Custom Building Terrain - Pizza Joint

I'm honored.

My buildings were always meant to be modular so others, such as yourself, could create additional structures. Well done!
Old May 27th, 2016, 12:04 PM

mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh View Post
I'm honored.
As my mom says, "You can tell your kids you are famous on the internet".
Old May 27th, 2016, 02:02 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Awesome work!

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old May 27th, 2016, 02:07 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Very cool!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 27th, 2016, 09:44 PM

BigThumbToe knows what's in an order marker BigThumbToe knows what's in an order marker BigThumbToe knows what's in an order marker

I like it. What program did you use to create the rendering? I've been looking for something to help me visualize my GCPD building from the Arkham City video game. I have most of the dimensions on paper and some of the walls textured in Photoshop , but i really would like to see it all together.
Old May 28th, 2016, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThumbToe View Post
I like it. What program did you use to create the rendering? I've been looking for something to help me visualize my GCPD building from the Arkham City video game. I have most of the dimensions on paper and some of the walls textured in Photoshop , but i really would like to see it all together.
It's all done in Photoshop. Each side was created separately to get the dimensions right - front and back in one file and the sides in another. Then I made another PSD with the final artwork placed in (using the linked feature so I can update the files and have the 3d version updated automatically).

Each side is skewed 20 degrees. and the roof is skewed to fit. Then, I shrink the whole thing to 80% of it's width to accommodate for some level of perspective.

Perhaps I should write up a quick tutorial. It's really easy to do. It also really helped to imagine what it will look like assembled and finished. ANd since the files were linked I could update the original artwork and have the faux 3d version updated automatically.
Old June 3rd, 2016, 10:25 AM

I had an error on the glyph card which I have corrected. If you pulled down the PDF or the image please re-download to get the corrected text.
Old June 3rd, 2016, 07:30 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Tried to rep you but I couldn't so I'll just post here and say; great work.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old June 3rd, 2016, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Tried to rep you but I couldn't so I'll just post here and say; great work.
Thank you sir. I have some other buildings in the works. In fact I was building my test runs for them tonight. I just want to make sure the artwork and dimensions are spot on before sharing.

I do wonder, do people build these things?
Old June 4th, 2016, 09:58 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I am in the process of working on new buildings with C3G. japes is handling the art.

You can check it out in the near future in the Danger Room over in C3G land.

I will be looking forward to seeing what other buildings you create.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old June 5th, 2016, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I am in the process of working on new buildings with C3G. japes is handling the art.

You can check it out in the near future in the Danger Room over in C3G land.

I will be looking forward to seeing what other buildings you create.
Oh, that is exciting to hear that C3G is doing some buildings. I would like to be involved with that.

What the heck, here is my work in progress. I am open to any feedback.

first is a Mechanic Shop based on 3 buildings. The largest is 1.5 stores tall. The idea is that the 3 buildings can be combined in numerous ways to create many different layouts.

And the other building is an 16 story tall one. Its Oroku Saki Tower, the headquarters for the footclan!

Everything is made from "scratch" using countless reference files for things like windows/doors/textures etc. But I build all my own material so it wouldn't just be a rehash of the same textures that Grisnakh used.

I would love any feedback.

Last edited by mcmeeple; June 6th, 2016 at 08:20 AM. Reason: fixed spelling

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles