Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old August 1st, 2011, 12:06 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Captain Cold - Design Phase

Once ERB responses come back, hopefully he'll be ready for an initial. I can definitely wait and hop on it next week when I get back, though.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 1st, 2011, 03:27 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Hmm, I wonder if "defense number" wouldn't work better there?

Thanks for the feedback!

Cheers,
Bats

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlhsl
Captain Cold

With all of this hot weather we're having, I'm thrilled to see this.

By the way, I just noticed his Secret Identity. Snart??? "Hi, I'm Leonard Snart. You can call me Lenny. Or Snarty-Pants. I'd like a martini, please: stirred and not shaken. Since I'm Greedy, give me two! No, three!"

I think I'm about to really screw up another ERB, Bats!

Cold Gun Special Attack

Oh, I am loving this! I don't think I've seen anything like this in any of the other customs I've played. Now I need to consult the C3G Index to see if I can screw this up.

(long pause)

I do love this index. I don't see any conflicts. There is one case that I considered, even though there isn't an actual example with existing designs.

Captain Cold rolls 3 skulls. Brrrr, that's -3! The defending figure has Defense 2, plus will receive a bonus. Let's say it's a +1 defense from an aura or glyph. Would the defender calculate as follows: Take 2 defense, and subtract 3. I can't roll negative dice, so I'm down to 0. Now I'll add my +1 defense and roll 1 die. That's instead of: I have 2 defense plus 1 for the bonus for 3. Now I'll subtract 3 for 0 dice.

I would always calculate it as the latter. That example seems so "rules lawyer-y" to me that I don't think anything is required unless someone asks. Then, you could simply add it to the Clarifications section. As I stated in another ERB, I'd rather raise a point and look silly than not raise it and have a point that may be important missed.

Frozen Molecular Field

Very nice, and this could really be brutal in Heavy Snow or Slippery Ice!

Final Thoughts

Cold Gun is an ingenious mechanic. Snart is a funny name. This hot tea I'm drinking is countering the cold in this design. This is a really cool design!

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 1st, 2011, 03:57 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

There are already some timing issues on defense subtraction powers, and when that happens, there is only one way to resolve which happens first..... the D20 roll.
Old August 1st, 2011, 04:18 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Griff,
Why is this:
Quote:
Tcglkn is on abstain from July 30th - August 6th
1.Update the text on Cap A's card.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In your signature?

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

RIP George Perez
Old August 1st, 2011, 04:20 PM

Just a reminder.

Old August 1st, 2011, 04:25 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Griff,
Why is this:
Quote:
Tcglkn is on abstain from July 30th - August 6th
1.Update the text on Cap A's card.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In your signature?
As a reminder to us all that he is away, and a reminder to him what he needs to do when he gets back.
Old August 2nd, 2011, 06:47 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Here are some mini pics I took today
Cold 1
Cold 2
Cold 3
Cold 4
Cold 5

Link to my previous pics of Captain Cold.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

RIP George Perez

Last edited by Spidey'tilIDie; August 2nd, 2011 at 07:00 PM.
Old August 2nd, 2011, 08:15 PM

Thanks, Spidey! I'll let the art guys choose which they prefer when the time comes, but these look great to me!
Updating the OP now.

Old August 2nd, 2011, 10:36 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Hmm, I wonder if "defense number" wouldn't work better there?
That's how it's been handled previously.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old August 2nd, 2011, 10:39 PM

Good call. Updated to align with the language in Imposing Presence.

Old August 3rd, 2011, 01:01 PM

Yeah, I toyed with the idea of a Rogue leadership power a lot, but we decided we preferred them as a loose group of villains who work well together. Sometimes the synergies fall into place easily, sometimes they don't. And I don't think I'd want anything on the card that felt "forced."

Thanks for the review!
Bats

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi1hi1hi1hi1
I like it. I wouldn't have been opposed to seeing some sort of Rogue Leadership power, but I know you guys probably having something in the works to make them a fun group to play together.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman
As always, your thoughts are appreciated, guys!

NAME = CAPTAIN COLD

SECRET IDENTITY = LEONARD SNART

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ROGUE
PERSONALITY = GREEDY

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ??

COLD GUN SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4. Attack 3.
For each skull rolled when attacking with this special attack, the defending figure subtracts 1 from its defense. Figures with the Ice Resistance special power are not affected by this special attack.

FROZEN MOLECULAR FIELD
When an opponent's small or medium non-flying figure moves onto a space within 4 clear sight spaces of Captain Cold, that figure must count each hex as one additional space. Figures with the Ice Resistance special power are not affected by this special power.

Old August 9th, 2011, 12:04 PM

C3G INITIAL PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT (CAPTAIN COLD)

- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them.
PASS

- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.
PASS

- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
PASS

- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit to powerful or too weak.
PASS

- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and What are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
PASS

- FUN TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play.
PASS

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
PASS

- DRAFTING TEST/ Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting.
PASS

- USAGE TEST/ Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
PASS

- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
PASS

Heavy Hitter or Mid-Level Hero Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes

- What should be the unit's point value? 100 points
- Give a brief overview. Cold’s powers were useful, but he’s not very tough to put down.
Spoiler Alert!

Squad Test

- What should be the unit's point value? 80
- Give a brief overview. Captain Cold doesn’t have a sturdy constitution or multiple attacks to hold up well against squads.
Map: Custom Map (Platforms 5 and 6 with no pillars)
Units: Captain Cold vs. Hawkmen of Thanagar (100)
Spoiler Alert!

Squad Test

- What should be the unit's point value? 130
- Give a brief overview. Captain Cold had a little luck here, but his Frozen Molecular Field helped him maintain height and the weak attack from the Cops didn’t wound him very quickly.
Units: Captain Cold vs. Beat Cops x2 (130)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test

- What should be the unit's point value? 130ish
- Give a brief overview. He’s a perfect Flash counter when he hits his rolls.
Units: Captain Cold (100), Professor Zoom (250), Gorilla Grodd (225) (575) vs. Flash (Barry Allen) (250), Green Lantern (Guy Gardner) (320) (570)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test

- What should be the unit's point value? 80 points
- Give a brief overview. Cold absorbed some damage, but his attack rolls couldn’t put the last wound on Superman and he failed to inflict any wounds.
Units: Wonder Woman (300), Batman (200), Superman (400) (900) vs. Captain Cold (120), Joker (190), Lex Luthor (Battlesuit) (280), Arkillo (310) (900)
Spoiler Alert!

Extra Army Tests:

Army Test

- What should be the unit's point value? 100
- Give a brief overview. The first time I tried this, Flash dominated. The second, I got some better rolls for Cold and used the Rogue army more strategically and pulled out a close one.
Map: Custom
Units: Captain Cold (100), Heat Wave (110), Mirror Master (130), Captain Boomerang (90), Shadow Thief (70) (500) vs. Flash (250), Professor Zoom (250) (500)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test

- What should be the unit's point value? 70-80?
- Give a brief overview. Heat Wave made it look closer than it was. Captain Cold needs good luck with his Cold Gun in order to have any real value.
Map: Custom
Units: Captain Cold (100), Heat Wave (110), Mirror Master (130), Captain Boomerang (90), White Martian (150) Hush (220) (800) vs. Martian Manhunter (300), Flash (250), Batman (200), Atom (50) (800)
Spoiler Alert!

Taking all of the results in, while Cold bonding with Rogues gives him some value, it’s not always that reliable, nor are the Rogues as a group that powerful, so I’m feeling the need for a discount here and like him best at 90 points moving forward.

Last edited by IAmBatman; October 7th, 2011 at 11:52 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library