Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old September 30th, 2006, 12:24 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Your top 5 most wanted board games

I play a lot of other games besides Heroscape so I have been spending a lot of time (hard to believe since I am here so much?) over at BGG reading about different games. The list of games I want is really long and as I read about them I rank them in order of how much I want them. My next (next, meaning down the road when I get more money again) purchases will likely be these:

5. Roads and Boats
4. Antike
3. Through the Desert
2. St. Petersburg
1. Tigris and Euphretes

1-3 have been the same for a very long time. I just haven't gotten around to getting them yet. Roads and Boats and Antike knocked out some other games to make it into the top 5. I had never heard of Roads and Boats until recently. It has been showing up on a lot of geeklists lately and it really has me interested, its an expensive game though, thats why its at #5, its $85-100. Antike has been on the list for awhile too it just moved up because the more I read about it the more interested I become. I think RichardD from here said it was the best game of this year?

Anyways, I'm interested in what some other people's top 5 wanted games would be. You don't even have to rank them, what are some games that you really want or are really interested in?
Old September 30th, 2006, 12:36 PM
Master Custom Creator

Euryon is surprisingly tart
Civilization the boardgame. I love epic games. I love playing HS on huge maps with 1000+ point armies... I love the Age of Mythology bg... I love Civ the computer games... I reckon Id love the Civ boardgame (the one of the Sid Meir game, not the old 80s one which Sid semi based his game on...)

On my command, fix bayonets.
Old September 30th, 2006, 12:40 PM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
In order:

1. Space Crusade (Plus expansions)
2. DCI expansions for Risk 2210
3. Marvel Heroes the Boardgame
4. Descent (Plus expansions)
5. Heroquest (Plus Expansions)

Slightly off-topic, but related: I can't wait for the FFG Mutant Chronicles CMG to come out next year. I went out and bought MC Siege of the Citadel and its expansion, Blood Berets. I even found the third one, a stand alone game called Fury of the Clansmen. I haven't gotten to play any of them yet, but I'm anxious to. I have read several posts from other folks on other game-related sites that laud endless praises on MC SotC. I believe it was designed by Richard Borg, the same man behind Battlelore. Battlelore will definitely be on my "To Get" list, it just doesn't make the top 5.

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old September 30th, 2006, 12:46 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I'm not much of a gamer outside of Heroscape, so here's my list:

1. Zombies!!! and all add ons
2. and it looks a little complicated for me, but the pieces are great eye candy: Nexus OPs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninthdoc
In order:

Wow Finally someone else here has mentioned this game and shown interest. I have Space Crusade, Doc. Tons of fun - or at least it was until HS came along.
Old September 30th, 2006, 12:59 PM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness
We have a ton of games and If we don't have it my son will most likely have. So my want list is not very long.

However.. I would like a copy of Battle Ball

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Saturday - October , 2023
Old September 30th, 2006, 01:09 PM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour

2. and it looks a little complicated for me, but the pieces are great eye candy: Nexus OPs.

Quote:
In order:

Wow Finally someone else here has mentioned this game and shown interest. I have Space Crusade, Doc. Tons of fun - or at least it was until HS came along.
*Envious* :P

I have the first Zombies game, I've simulated it since it's not appropriate to play w/my son and I haven't had the chance to play w/my game group as of yet. It's pretty fun. My version is the Widescreen Edition, not the newest Director's Cut that just came out. I've heard mixed reviews of Nexus Ops.

That reminds me I need to post to The Texas Thread. Madness Games in Plano has several AH games on sale for $20 each! Unfortunately, NO was not on sale. I would have picked it up w/my Mechwarrior Wolf Strike stuff yesterday. Dam, just writing Mechwarrior Wolf Strike leaves a bad taste in my mouth after the bad experience I had w/that purchase.

Oh, and I just remembered two others that I'm wanting: Mall of Horror and Vampire: Prince of the City. I wouldn't mind having the other Zombie games either, although these still are not in my top 5.

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old September 30th, 2006, 04:21 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour

Quote:
In order:

Nexus Ops is on it's way to me!!!
Old September 30th, 2006, 04:22 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Twilight Imperium 3
Railroad Tycoon
Memoir '44
Ticket to Ride - Europe
Ticket to Ride - Marklin
Tigris and Euphrates
Shadows over Camelot
Scotland Yard
Caylus
Hive
Betrayal at House on the Hill
Deflexion
Poison
Dungeon Twister
El Grande
Citadels
Runebound 2nd Edition
Descent
Nature of the Beast
Starship Catan
Star Wars Epic Duels
Doom
Archrival
Commands and Colors Ancients
Amun Re
Pirate's Cove
Formula De
Catan Card Game

These are the ones I am mostly interested in right now.
Old September 30th, 2006, 04:25 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Thats way more than 5 JB. :P

I have some of those games, including Catan Card Game, Starship Catan, Memoir 44, and Caylus. All great games!

I have Railroad Tycoon on the way to me (I think). If you want it I would suggest getting it soon, Eagle Games was bought out.
http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=3024
Old September 30th, 2006, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by netherspirit
Thats way more than 5 JB. :P

I have some of those games, including Catan Card Game, Starship Catan, Memoir 44, and Caylus. All great games!

I have Railroad Tycoon on the way to me (I think). If you want it I would suggest getting it soon, Eagle Games was bought out.
Yeah, I know, I couldn't cut it down to five. That was as close as I could get:P

I have played Caylus before. I actually was not as taken with it as I thought I would be. I think it was hyped too much.

I have some other games on the way from Amazon and Toys R Us too, because they had some sweet sales!
Old September 30th, 2006, 04:48 PM

Chimpy knows what's in an order marker Chimpy knows what's in an order marker
Euryon, how does the Age of Mythology board game work? I saw it the other day (at Branes & Nobles of all places) and almost bought it. I am a fan of the PC game, and the board game looked fun, but I did not know if the game would be worth the money.

"Clay lies still, but blood's a rover; / Breath's a ware that will not keep.
Up, lad: when the journey's over / There'll be time enough to sleep!"
~"Reveille", A.E. Housman
Old September 30th, 2006, 05:27 PM

dickflea Woo who?
How timely i was also mentally making a list of the games that i would get in the near future.

1. Heroscape Flagbearers
2. Heroscape Wave 6
3. Risk 2210 A.D.
4. Railroad Tycoon

Haven't found the fifth yet so i'll keep the option open for now.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games