Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old November 19th, 2014, 01:23 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

I don't have Marvel Legendary but by all accounts it's an excellent game. I *really* like King of Tokyo for 3-4, which it sounds like is your crew. It can be a bit of a dice-fest, but it sounds like that's what you're looking for.

Santa's ok by me.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 19th, 2014, 02:46 AM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

I don't know, I'd say about 30 minutes. Is that how long Munchkin takes? We were playing a 4 player game and there seemed to be more helping going on than fighting, so maybe that's why it seemed too short. Maybe once I play it more it will turn into a super screw your opponent game like the endgame of Zombies!!! is. Not necessarily opposed to something like the end game of Zombies!!! as long as the whole game is like that and it's not just there to make the actually somewhat enjoyable beginning portion of the game irrelevant and a waste of ****ing time.

The game ended a few turns after I obtained a complete understanding of the rules and the various strategies of the game, so I just felt teased I suppose.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old November 19th, 2014, 04:03 AM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Both Legendary and King of Tokyo are solid choices for any gamer or non-gamer. King of Tokyo is a fun slug fest with a Yahtzee type mechanic. I strongly suggest the Power Ups expansion though just to give some diversity among the characters but its still very fun with out the expansion. Legendary is my go to deck builder. I have not found a comic fan that didnt enjoy it. What I like most about Legendary is that it can give you a nice story feel. You want to recreate the Avengers movie? Run Loki as the Mastermind and Unleash the Power of the Cosmic cube as the Scheme and then throw in some Avengers for you heroes and you have a nice representation of the movie. Tons of fan made content on BGG as well. Another positive note about Legendary is that it plays very well as a solo game and scales well with more players. Theres also some great options for changing the difficulty to fit your needs. All in all I think Santa will be getting a huge thanks.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Old November 19th, 2014, 07:03 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Yeah, I have never tried either the Marvel or DC deck builders, but as a comics fan would love to try either of them, if someone local would run them! (Are you guys listening out there?) Superheroscape is much in fashion around here now, though!
Old November 19th, 2014, 09:26 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Agricula, Ascension, and Smash Up last night! Still really enjoying the Cthuhulu expansion for Smash Up.

Pretty soon I'm going to need to box up my games ... 30 days until my move! Any suggestions for securing boxes for the movers?

Btw, for Matt Helm, I enjoy Marvel Legendary quite a bit! The set up might seem like a bear at first, but it's not too bad when you get used to it (not as bad as Heroscape, for instance) and it's a lot of fun.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 19th, 2014, 09:39 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Bats, some people really don't like the Cthulhu expansion for Smash Up. I agree with you, though, I really like how the new card type adds to the game.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 19th, 2014, 09:42 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Bats, some people really don't like the Cthulhu expansion for Smash Up. I agree with you, though, I really like how the new card type adds to the game.
Heh, I can never remember how to spell that word. Not really a Lovecraft fan (he's a Poe poser! ). I think they definitely add some interesting interactions, though, and the Madness cards are fun to account for.

I remember one of my friends had Cthulhu smashed up with something ... don't recall what, but my other friend had Pirates/Plants and I won (barely) with Wizards/Aliens on the strength of Wizards giving me extra actions and the Terraforming card from the Aliens countering some nasty Cthulhu action cards.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 19th, 2014, 11:06 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlhsl View Post
Up Front
Moving to Scenario B, which is a battle in the city. I still miss various rules in playing. This is a game where the rules are filled with special cases and exceptions. They make perfect thematic sense, but it's a lot to keep track of. Still, playing this regularly improves this.

I had introduced this to my dad, but have switched to playing solo. This really doesn't suit his temperament, because this is one of those games where the card draw can really screw you over. That's part of the tension. I felt this myself when I was on the receiving end of a whoopin', so I understand this perfectly.

Playing solo does mitigate this, as I can enjoy the back and forth battle playing both sides.
Up Front is one of my favorite games, though for the most part I haven't played in years. Any interest in getting together at some point to play?

~Aldin, looking for 6 and dreading 6

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old November 19th, 2014, 12:00 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I find Cthulhu generally depressing, but I do enjoy the Munchkin Cthulhu expansion which actually modifies the normal rules. Taeblewalker lent me a Lovecraft bio, and it turned out he lived here in Brooklyn Heights for a while, so I looked for and walked past his old address!
Old November 19th, 2014, 01:15 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
I'm not really gamer myself and will definitely admit that Heroscape is by far the game of choice whenever I get a chance to play anything. I'm really more of a card player who will dabble in poker, black jack, pinnacle or hearts (its been a while) and sometimes play games with my extended family such as The Great Dahlmuti or Sequence.

My question however, is with regard to a few other games I decided to "request" from Santa for this year. If I know him as well as I think I do, he'll be bringing the boys Marvel Legendary and King of Tokyo. He is not planning on bringing any of the expansions for either at this time because I'd like to see if either takes hold.
My guess is King of Tokyo will be the bigger hit at your house, Matt. I haven't played Legendary, but I hear all the cards and setup make for a fiddly experience.

Also, I think you mean "pinochle," not "pinnacle." It's a pretty common mistake because it's one of those words that sounds nothing like it's spelled.
Old November 19th, 2014, 01:22 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Lovecraft [...] lived here in Brooklyn Heights for a while, so I looked for and walked past his old address!
Did you pass your sanity check?

Played Metallum last night.

It's from a Polish publisher. It's a two player game where you are trying to make the most money by mining for Metallum on seven different planets (there are nine included, plus a promotional one available, and they are randomly placed, so there is a lot of replayability). Each planet has a special power, and you program your move from a limited set of choices at the start of each of the nine rounds. It was a very interesting and brain burning puzzley game. I liked it. I also won 94-91.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old November 19th, 2014, 01:48 PM

Jim,

You mean sanity clause. But there is no Sanity Clause!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games