Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old May 29th, 2008, 11:54 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Re: Otonashi - The Vydar Ninja

Like Marcu flying, and Eldgrim or Alastair overextending, she can be a nice way to stop the 1,2, Rats+ Initiative = all Glyphs for me. I like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old May 29th, 2008, 11:55 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomolka View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechaBeast View Post
Wow, just looked through a couple BoV maps and there is a lot of glyphs that are a magical 10 spaces away.
It's a good distance. Eldgrim (or Alastair if you wanted to) could get there with an early Overextend, Vipers + Mittens + Acolarh could get there (without Frenzy), and now Otonashi can get there with Tricky +4. I suppose you could even pinball Isamu there, or something else I can't think of at the moment.
You can also summon Rechets Of Bogdan out on the map, and grab glyphs with them when you take your turn after summoning.
Ah yes, good call!

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 30th, 2008, 12:07 AM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson View Post
Otonashi another ninja that dosnt disapear Shioris sister perhaps?
Moriko's cousin, actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Did you lose your saving throw vs. Fabulous?
B.U.D.
Old May 30th, 2008, 12:13 AM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

She actually may do best against Braxas (point-wise). She's a hero, therefore requiring a roll of 17+ on the D20. She has a base of 4 attack against the queen which we all know can be modified through various ways, height in particular with a chance to move 10 spaces. If Braxas regular attacks her, the ninja will probably die, but it's one less roll of acid breath against 2 of your other figures. Plus with a move of 10 you can engage her quickly and make her decide between whether or not she wants to take an engagement strike to try and acid breath a "better" target.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old May 30th, 2008, 12:21 AM

jedilou knows what's in an order marker jedilou knows what's in an order marker jedilou knows what's in an order marker

Hello heroscapers! This is my second post.

Otonashi is a welcome addition for Vydar. The one general with ZERO low cost units gets a ten point ninja who can do some noticeable damage in the right game!

Her special powers also brings some much needed attention to personalities. As such, she obviously becomes something of a counterdraft option and is not quite as versatile as Isamu. However, in the right game, she can be a significant contributor. And just like her 10 pt. predecessor, she is always likely to earn back or her points (or, alternatively, just like Isamu ... even if she's doesn't earn back her points, oh well it's only 10 pts.!)

- I'm just glad that Vydar didn't get completely shut out of this wave.

PS - While I wouldn't want to see a run of low cost figures for the general who I identify as quality over quantity, it is nice for this one cheap option. Incidentally, I wouldn't mind seeing a mid-priced cowboy, even half robotic lawman, for 80 pts. with something like deadly shot and 2-3 life.

Last edited by jedilou; May 30th, 2008 at 09:44 AM.
Old May 30th, 2008, 12:24 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedilou View Post
PS - While I wouldn't want to see a run of low cost figures for the general who I identify as quality over quantity, it is nice for this one cheap option. Incidentally, I wouldn't mind seeing a mid-priced cowboy, even half robotic lawman, for 80 pts. with something like deadly shot and 2-3 life.

He is on the drawing board...
Old May 30th, 2008, 12:31 AM
I'm Heroscape's Birthbuddy

Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby!

Otonashi is interesting to me in that her ability to grab glyphs and be incredibly threatening to certain army builds has potential (just potential, I'm not positive on this one) to change the tournament metagame more point-for-point than any unit since the Deathreavers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedilou View Post
Incidentally, I wouldn't mind seeing a mid-priced cowboy, even half robotic lawman, for 80 pts. with something like deadly shot and 2-3 life.
Like this?
Old May 30th, 2008, 12:34 AM

jedilou knows what's in an order marker jedilou knows what's in an order marker jedilou knows what's in an order marker

Onacara,

I love the robot sketch. I hope WoTC is keeping tabs. With my ideas and your sketchbook, we could reinvent this game!

While I may be dating myself just a bit, it sort of reminds me of the good robots in The Black Hole (a not so great Disney space movie from the early 80s) - one was beat up and the other was taller and in better shape. Of course, your robot is much cooler, with a cowboy hat and a stogie to convey his coolness!

PS - I must admit in the recent poll that I was not one who voted for low cost units (I voted on the high cost end of the spectrum). However, I am VERY pleased to see Otonashi go Vydar. I mean, c'mon, a ten pt. figure for Vydar, who saw that coming, really? Anyone who takes credit better back it up with a prior post!

EDIT: Nadom, your robotic cowboy is along the lines of what I was thinking. Or, the old split down the middle human/cyborg - like DC Comic's Cyborg.

Last edited by jedilou; May 30th, 2008 at 09:44 AM.
Old May 30th, 2008, 01:23 AM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Love this figure, though I read the first few pages and saw a lot of "she has higher defense and will last longer than Isamu." I don't know if that's true, since she doesn't have Vanish. I wonder if any of the math people here can tell us who stands a better chance against X attack dice versus Isamu with his Vanish and 1 defense and against Otonashi with her 3 defense...

I was less than thrilled with the Groks, despite their awesome sculpts... but Onotashi makes up for it - for me, anyway.

EDIT: I was thinking, Onotashi is gonna wreak havoc on the Synergy charts! And Ornak already has the "O" symbol...

Last edited by Soul Shackle; May 30th, 2008 at 01:32 AM.
Old May 30th, 2008, 01:43 AM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

What a surprise, ANOTHER 10 pointer?

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old May 30th, 2008, 02:19 AM

StoneScorpion has disabled reputation

Yes yes yes...

This is a great addition. 10 move and 3 defense....Better than Isamu...Want this NOW!

"What, like the back of a volkswagen?"
Old May 30th, 2008, 02:21 AM
I'm Heroscape's Birthbuddy

Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby!

Somehow, this makes me think even more that Zelrig and/or Wo-Sa-Ga will be in the 200+ range...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units