Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 8th, 2008, 02:24 PM

jaques has disabled reputation
Re: Congratulations Barack Obama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ormus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaques View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ormus View Post
Sooo then, Rascism will not be a factor that will cause Obama to win/lose?????

Racism certainly won't cause Obama to win. I'm sure there are some minorities out there who would vote for any minority candidate over any white candidate, regardless of party affiliation. But those numbers won't even come close to putting Obama over the top.
Some? I would say a majority of minorities support him solely because of his race. And that is not Ormus' personal opinion, it has been espoused by many news commentators and previously in this very thread by Sky.

Not that there is anything wrong with that...it's just the way of the world.
Sorry, I was talking general election, not primaries, since he's already basically won the nomination. It's certainly probable that Obama's overwhelming minority support in the primaries has had a component of racial motivation. But in the general election, minorities vote overwhelmingly Democratic anyway. What I was saying was that in the general election, the number of minority votes that Obama will get by being a black Democrat is not going to be wildly greater than the number he would have gotten simply by being any Democrat.

Also, lol to everthing Fezzik said.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General