Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old October 10th, 2007, 06:56 PM

Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker
Man, do I wish my GIMP would work! I'll try it again now and then use your awesome tutorial!

Sorry, I don't want to make a new thread for this... whenever I try to download GIMP it keeps saying it can't open it because it doesn't know who created it. Do I have to save it? Or? Thanks, and sorry...

See Valhalla like never before:
Airborne Elite in the
BYZANTINE CAVE...
Old October 10th, 2007, 09:38 PM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139
Giving this topic a well deserved BUMP, and asking a question at the same time!

Now, I have GIMP, but nooe of those other window kinda things, like the mini-layer mabob. So I don't know how to alter opacity, or change layers, or even know which layer is which. Are those in a different version I can download? Is it a PC/Mac thing? Am I just incompetent? Or do you have no idea whatsoever?
Try this...

Open the GIMP and a picture,

Choose the 'Dialogs' menu and pick any of the tabs that you need. In this pic I'm picking the layers tab.

Once you've picked a couple of these tabs they looks like this.

But it is not very useful this way so if you put your mouse cursor near the label of the tab, , you can drag the tab and drop it onto another open tab window. When you are dragging the tab correctly it looks like this.

Where you drop the tab will determine how it looks. If you drop the tab in the spot shown here with the blue bar it looks like this . If you drop it in the main part of the window, , it looks like this, , with icons you can click to change between options.

Play with the tools and add as you go and you end up with all the things you want.

I hope that helps
Old October 10th, 2007, 09:56 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Perfect! Thanks, now I can get back into the customs game!

Really, thanks. Fantastic tutorial.
Old October 10th, 2007, 10:00 PM

dim3000 has disabled reputation
I am just about to make some customs. Thanks, this really helps a lot.

:P :P

Old February 27th, 2008, 08:15 AM

RedWyrmSniper has disabled reputation
Thank you for your enlightenment!!!!!

You are a genius!!!!!!!!
Magnificent work my friend!!!
Looks like you are truely dedicated to us HS fans and we love you for it!!
..........Well at least like you alot.
Old February 27th, 2008, 10:30 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWyrmSniper
Thank you for your enlightenment!!!!!

You are a genius!!!!!!!!
Magnificent work my friend!!!
Looks like you are truely dedicated to us HS fans and we love you for it!!
..........Well at least like you alot.
Everyone gather round, group hug time!
Old March 19th, 2008, 07:35 PM

MarioWarrior1 has disabled reputation
great tutorial.

does neone know where i can get templates for the back side (basic game play) of the heroscape card?
Old March 19th, 2008, 09:26 PM
Old and Boring

Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness
OK, you know what? Your chatspeak is really pissing me off, and only post things in one spot. If Aldin hasn't already greeted you, welcome to the site.

Grinnell College '16
Old March 20th, 2008, 03:32 AM
C3G Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzie Fuzz
OK, you know what? Your chatspeak is really pissing me off, and only post things in one spot. If Aldin hasn't already greeted you, welcome to the site.
but Aldin said hello to me ages ago......
Old March 23rd, 2008, 12:02 PM

Location: Walking down the straight and narrow path in Denver, CO
HighElfCollier has disabled reputation
For anyone who is GIMP savvy...

Whenever I open up GIMP, it does not open up the layers window. Is there a way to get to the layers window from the GIMP toolbar?

Deus Prosapia Sapentia!

Psalm 16:8:
"I will set the Lord before me always, He will be at my right hand so I shall not be moved."
Old March 23rd, 2008, 12:31 PM
C3G Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighElfCollier
For anyone who is GIMP savvy...

Whenever I open up GIMP, it does not open up the layers window. Is there a way to get to the layers window from the GIMP toolbar?
Open the program and try pressing 'ctrl-L'. That should open it.
Old March 24th, 2008, 12:44 AM

Location: Walking down the straight and narrow path in Denver, CO
HighElfCollier has disabled reputation
That worked.

Thanks!

Deus Prosapia Sapentia!

Psalm 16:8:
"I will set the Lord before me always, He will be at my right hand so I shall not be moved."

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards