Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

View Poll Results: Does HeroScape have/used to have the potential to be famous?
Yes 21 65.63%
No 11 34.38%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 18th, 2011, 09:52 PM
proper grammar and spelling are vital too success

Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby!
HeroScape as a household name.

I've been thinking lately, and HeroScape is really not that much more complicated than household games like Monopoly. With some advertising, I think that HeroScape could be a household name if some game company executive gets this same idea and follows through. Prices would be a bit steep for a big box game, but what boy wouldn't like the idea of penguins with machine guns fighting dinosaur riding orcs in a fairly fair battle with a creative spur. As a game, HeroScape could introduce kids to hobby board gaming and give the gaming industry a boost.

Let the discussions begin!

Neo is Heavy Grut...
in LAUR DETENTION FACILITY
Old June 18th, 2011, 09:54 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: HeroScape as a household name.

Heroscape a household name.

It's already happened somewhere in the world.

Old June 18th, 2011, 09:56 PM

Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardar View Post
Heroscape a household name.

It's already happened somewhere in the world.
But this talks about potential and I think that review was made by a geek like us. By the way, read the first post.

Neo is Heavy Grut...

Last edited by Neo; June 18th, 2011 at 10:22 PM.
Old June 18th, 2011, 10:09 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Potential to be famous? Oh yeah. If Hasbro/WotC has only put out a Heroscape T-Shirt line at least, then it would probably be more well known than it was. Who knows? With that much extra advertising, the line might not have gone under......

~Gorthan, figuring that he might as well wish that LEGO had not cancelled Bionicle while he's at it......

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old June 18th, 2011, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorthan313 View Post
Potential to be famous? Oh yeah. If Hasbro/WotC has only put out a Heroscape T-Shirt line at least, then it would probably be more well known than it was. Who knows? With that much extra advertising, the line might not have gone under......

~Gorthan, figuring that he might as well wish that LEGO had not cancelled Bionicle while he's at it......
LEGO cancelled bionicle?

I've got an idea! I don't think anyone explained this in their hatemail to WotC. What if we made sure that people that matter in Hasbro, WotC and every company that could buy HeroScape know of this!

Neo is Heavy Grut...

Last edited by Neo; June 18th, 2011 at 10:29 PM.
Old June 19th, 2011, 02:00 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

If the economy hadn't tanked the way it did, Heroscape was well on its way to becoming a household name. Especially so if they would have fixed their distribution SNAFU. It was making appearances in the odd movie and TV show. Set up a game and people want to try it. It is a game that can be a gateway game and a destination game. It's a very good value to cost ratio. If the consumers have the discretionary income and the product is available, it is going to keep getting more and more prominent until it is spoken of almost like Catan.

Bionicle might be cancelled, but it more or less lives on as Hero Factory.
Old June 19th, 2011, 11:32 AM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
If the economy hadn't tanked the way it did, Heroscape was well on its way to becoming a household name. Especially so if they would have fixed their distribution SNAFU. It was making appearances in the odd movie and TV show. Set up a game and people want to try it. It is a game that can be a gateway game and a destination game. It's a very good value to cost ratio. If the consumers have the discretionary income and the product is available, it is going to keep getting more and more prominent until it is spoken of almost like Catan.

I agree, the economy as well as other factors had a hand in all of this. I am certain just few breaks here and there and this game would have stayed in production and grown to be the battle game all games would be measured by. Most games I analyze and think and wonder if they would change this or the mechanics of that I think it would improve the game. To me HS is the perfect game the more I analyze this great game the more I admire it.

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Saturday - October , 2023
Old June 19th, 2011, 12:08 PM

Master of Disaster is surprisingly tart

Quote:

If I recall correctly, over a year ago, when I was watching The X-Files, on one of the episodes they showed one of Mulder's friends playing heroscape with some of his associates. They were placing bets on wether or not Agent Carr's Sword of Reckoning attack would destroy a figure when he attacked. I seem to remember spotting Braxus and Su-Bak-Na sitting on the table they were playing on too. Oh yeah, and I agree with the good points you made there in your post.
Old June 19th, 2011, 12:17 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by master of disaster View Post
Quote:

If I recall correctly, over a year ago, when I was watching The X-Files, on one of the episodes they showed one of Mulder's friends playing heroscape with some of his associates. They were placing bets on wether or not Agent Carr's Sword of Reckoning attack would destroy a figure when he attacked. I seem to remember spotting Braxus and Su-Bak-Na sitting on the table they were playing on too. Oh yeah, and I agree with the good points you made there in your post.
Except that Heroscape was not created until two years after the X-Files was ended. They didn't actually mention what they were playing, but it was heavily implied that it was DnD.

Old June 19th, 2011, 12:23 PM

Master of Disaster is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by master of disaster View Post
Quote:

Except that Heroscape was not created until two years after the X-Files was ended. They didn't actually mention what they were playing, but it was heavily implied that it was DnD.
Hmm... I guess I recalled incorrectly, now I feel compelled to dig that episode out and check it out.
Old June 19th, 2011, 02:17 PM
Online HS Season 6 Champion

TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Maybe this is what you're thinking of master of disaster.

Heroscape on psych
Old June 19th, 2011, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSparkleInYourWater View Post
Maybe this is what you're thinking of master of disaster.

Heroscape on psych
I doubt that was it. He said that they were actually playing, which they weren't in P s ych.

I think I remember the episode he's talking about. I even remember thinking that I saw Mimring, but it was just a generic Red Dragon.

References.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion