Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old March 9th, 2020, 09:56 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: Dayton, OH. Tournament SATURDAY APRIL 4TH! 2020

I am a very probable (need to change Louisville tournament date).

I have a request, if you look at Heroscape Factions: Thematic Unit Groupings and C3V and SoV inclusive factions you can see there is a distinction between a Flag Bearer and General, and there are more than 6 "Flagbearers" according to the definition/requirement there. Can we allow either a general or Flagbearer according to this definition at this tournament?
Quote:
General:
A General needs to have three things:
1. Theme: Would this unit actually have any leadership if the faction were real? Could this unit be seen behind the lines giving orders? If you answered yes to these questions, the unit probably has enough theme. (Importance: High)
2. Unit control: While this generally means order marker management, it can also be as simple as being a prime bonding option. If the unit doesn’t have unit control, any synergy with the faction, especially other squads bonding with it, gives half pass. (Importance: High)
3. High cost: The General should cost more than the Flagbearer. (Importance: Medium)
Flagbearer:
Again, three requirements:
1. Theme: While the General sits behind the lines and gives orders, the Flagbearer fights in the front and inspires the troops. And a bonus if the unit actually has a flag. (Importance: High)
2. Faction Synergy: Some sort of power that helps other units in the faction. (Importance: High)
3. Low cost: Again, not very important, but the Flagbearer should cost less than the General. (Importance: Low)
The list linked above might be missing C3V/SoV units made the last few years, so here is a compiled list:
Spoiler Alert!
Old March 9th, 2020, 10:42 AM

outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Dayton, OH. Tournament SATURDAY APRIL 4TH! 2020

@lefton4ya . For this tournament, building your army around a Flag Bearer and a having a general is a cool idea but we are keeping it simple. You just have to have a flag bearer included in your army. I'm sure most of us will have a nice theme going because of the format. Cheers!

SCAPE OR DIE!
Great transactions with: Cavalier,Jim,rudyvalentine,Hilo Scaper,land.scape,Lord Pyre,Cosmo,Hogg,TheSilverSurfer,lefton4ya,Superfrog wargamingaddict87...

Last edited by outforblood; March 9th, 2020 at 11:19 AM.
Old March 20th, 2020, 05:23 PM

outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Dayton, OH. Tournament CANCELLED

Tournament at Bookery has been cancelled. Maybe we'll do one in the summer. Scape hard and wash your hands!

SCAPE OR DIE!
Great transactions with: Cavalier,Jim,rudyvalentine,Hilo Scaper,land.scape,Lord Pyre,Cosmo,Hogg,TheSilverSurfer,lefton4ya,Superfrog wargamingaddict87...
Old March 20th, 2020, 07:22 PM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Sorry to hear!! We are thinking maybe a later fall one in Findlay again!

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!
Old March 21st, 2020, 09:26 AM

All events at Bookery have been cancelled. Looks like we'll be doing house games for a while.

SCAPE OR DIE!
Old April 14th, 2021, 02:19 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Hey all. When do you all think you'd be willing to come if we restarted Dayton tournaments? My view is if most people who come are vaccinated (and all at risk people in your immediate family/friend group are as well) we should be good to go. I just got my 1st shot and second one is mid-may, but my thought is most people will be ready by June or July at the latest, but any other thoughts?
Old May 26th, 2021, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Hey all. When do you all think you'd be willing to come if we restarted Dayton tournaments? My view is if most people who come are vaccinated (and all at risk people in your immediate family/friend group are as well) we should be good to go. I just got my 1st shot and second one is mid-may, but my thought is most people will be ready by June or July at the latest, but any other thoughts?
We are looking at Saturday August 7th!

SCAPE OR DIE!

Last edited by outforblood; May 26th, 2021 at 06:29 PM.
Old May 27th, 2021, 10:59 AM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Dayton, OH. Tournament August 2021!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by outforblood View Post
Putting out some feelers for an August tourney! Stay tuned...

Location - pending

Format - 510 Heat of the Battle! (C3V/SoV are allowed, no Marvel!)
Planning on being there! Bringing the NORTH!

Old May 27th, 2021, 02:23 PM

Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby!

I'm defnitely interested in an August 7th event. Not sure I can make it yet, but if I can get away, I'll be there.
Old May 27th, 2021, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
Quote:

Location - pending

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat View Post
I'm defnitely interested in an August 7th event. Not sure I can make it yet, but if I can get away, I'll be there.
Hope so Tiamat! And yes, you bring the north, and I'll bring the pain! Muwahahaha...

SCAPE OR DIE!
Old May 27th, 2021, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
Quote:

Location - pending

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat View Post
Hope so Tiamat! And yes, you bring the north, and I'll bring the pain! Muwahahaha...

As long as you do not bring that loaded D20!!!!!!!!

Old June 15th, 2021, 06:53 PM

Re: Dayton, OH. Heat of the Battle! SAT August 7th!!

Front page updated! 550 points Heat of the Battle! Feel the burn!!

SCAPE OR DIE!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events