Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Notices

Old March 6th, 2012, 05:14 PM

Grison rolls all skulls baby! Grison rolls all skulls baby! Grison rolls all skulls baby! Grison rolls all skulls baby! Grison rolls all skulls baby!
The Orphanage - (Mostly) Free Figure Exchange

Based on the positive response to the House of Cards, Here's an attempt to set up the same thing for orphaned/unwanted figures.

The Premise:
  • Many 'scapers have orphaned figures -- typically members of incomplete squads -- they don't need.
  • Those same 'scapers are missing some individual squad figures, too.
  • It's hard to find exact matches between two people, where each has the specific orphans the other needs.
  • 'Scapers are honorable and like to pay it forward.
  • Free is good.*
The Plan:
(open to suggestions and revision!)
1. Each participant creates a post listing spare orphans or other figures that they are willing to give away for free*, as well as other orphans that they would like to receive.
  • Be specific about the sculpts. Ideally include an image, even if it's just a stock photo where you say "the fig on the left."
  • Since we are dealing with orphans, I suggest that the default assumption be "army card not included." If you want to give the card away, too, feel free.
* By popular demand, you can also list orphans that you would prefer to trade, as opposed to giving them away for free. Please mark such items clearly (e.g., "trade only") and only do this for orphaned squad figures. (There's already a dedicated thread for general trade items.)
2. To accept one or more orphans, simply...
a. Create your post as in #1 above.

b. Send a PM to another participant, requesting one or more orphans they have offered and providing your shipping address.

c. Ideally, also look at the "wanted" portion of others' posts, and proactively offer to send other participants your matching orphans.
3. All parties update their respective posts, noting how many orphans they have successfully given away and received. (Optionally, list the specific transfers.)
Shipping Costs:
Unlike the House of Cards, in this case sending figures will typically cost at least a few dollars. Thus, I suggest that the recipient offer to pay for shipping. If some folks want to be especially generous and send orphans for free, that's great -- but I don't think it's fair to expect it of everyone.
Other Suggestions:
  • Ideally, folks would seek to keep their trades generous. In other words, don't offer a single Grok Rider orphan, while asking folks to send you their free 3/4 squad of Sacred Band, 2/3 Armocs, etc. At the same time, please do offer up those orphaned Armocs!
  • Unless otherwise noted in your post, figures should be in decent condition. (They need not be mint, but they shouldn't be mangled, missing the base, etc.)
  • While the main purpose of this thread isn't to find direct trades, those are fine too if you happen to want each other's orphans.
~ Grison

* Available: Confrontation & other minis for C3V units (various Varks, Cultists, Gnids, etc.) *
My Sale/Trade List
The Orphanage - HS Figure Exchange
(My available/wanted orphans)

Last edited by Grison; March 13th, 2024 at 06:11 PM.
Old March 6th, 2012, 05:20 PM

Grison rolls all skulls baby! Grison rolls all skulls baby! Grison rolls all skulls baby! Grison rolls all skulls baby! Grison rolls all skulls baby!
Smile Grison's Orphans - Updated 3/13/2024

26 Figures Given
4 Figures Received

Orphans Available:
(11 different figures)

Drone1 Stinger1 Sentinel2 Onyx3 Izumi1
Aubrien1 Aubrien3 Grton2 Gtron4
Macdirk1 Macdirk2

Orphans Wanted:
Aubrien2 Grton1 Gtron3 Macdirk3 Macdirk4

Wave 1 and Wave 2 Common Squad figures - any mix of sculpts; any quantity. (I'm trying to assemble cheap but playable armies that I can give away for free to new local players. Who cares if the mix of sculpts is perfect -- an orc is an orc...

Adoption History:
(most recent first)
Spoiler Alert!

* Available: Confrontation & other minis for C3V units (various Varks, Cultists, Gnids, etc.) *
My Sale/Trade List

Last edited by Grison; March 13th, 2024 at 06:32 PM.
Old March 6th, 2012, 07:17 PM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Orphanage - Free Figure Exchange

Here's my contribution to the St. Grison Home for Wayward Figures

For the most part, I'm happy to "pay it forward," but I'd prefer to trade the ones in bold.

8 Figures Given
5 Figures Received

Orphans Available:
Spoiler Alert!

Orphans Wanted:
Spoiler Alert!

Adoption History:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by akden; October 8th, 2012 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Updated
Old March 6th, 2012, 08:17 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

0 Figures Given
0 Figures Received

Orphans Available:

Spoiler Alert!

Orphans Wanted:
Spoiler Alert!

Adoption History:
Spoiler Alert!

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old March 6th, 2012, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post
Orphans Wanted: ...Gurei-Oni, Wo-Sa-Ga, Sujoah, Zelrig...
Good luck with that!

My Sale/Trade List
Old March 7th, 2012, 10:17 AM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

If that works, I'm adding them to my list as well!
Old March 10th, 2012, 07:15 PM
Popsicle stick Admiral

Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Akden I think I have a few of those figures. I was going to chop them off their bases but let me see if I still have them complete.

EDIT

Sorry they got chopped !

I would be happy to rebase them for you and send them out if thats ok.

The romans where a part of lot I recieved. I could always repair one if you wanted it, I would have to create a new weapon for it and paint his shield since his logo is missing but I'd be happy too.

Grison question, Free Orphans only? could one post a list of orphans you would be willing to trade ? I see people avoiding this list if they have stuff like Heavies, Sacred or Aubriens, because they want to trade them instead of give them away.

Last edited by Rocktroll; March 10th, 2012 at 07:35 PM.
Old March 10th, 2012, 07:46 PM
Chewer of Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocktroll View Post
Akden I think I have a few of those figures. I was going to chop them off their bases but let me see if I still have them complete.

EDIT

Sorry they got chopped !

I would be happy to rebase them for you and send them out if thats ok.

The romans where a part of lot I recieved. I could always repair one if you wanted it, I would have to create a new weapon for it and paint his shield since his logo is missing but I'd be happy too.
Thanks for the offer! I'll send a PM to see if there is anything I can do in return.
Old March 10th, 2012, 08:45 PM

ForeverWar is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Grison question, Free Orphans only? could one post a list of orphans you would be willing to trade ? I see people avoiding this list if they have stuff like Heavies, Sacred or Aubriens, because they want to trade them instead of give them away.
Opening the thread to trading would be great. I agree that it would result in these harder to find items being listed.
Old March 10th, 2012, 10:25 PM

screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker

8 Figures Given
2 Figures Received

Orphans Available:
Spoiler Alert!

Orphans Wanted:
Spoiler Alert!

Adoption History:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by screwDriver; March 10th, 2012 at 10:34 PM.
Old March 12th, 2012, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverWar View Post
Quote:
Opening the thread to trading would be great. I agree that it would result in these harder to find items being listed.
I think that the thread should evolve into whatever people want it to be.

The reason I said "free only" originally was to distinguish it from the existing trade thread, and to promote the notion of folks giving away even "high end" orphans if they are willing to do so.

Perhaps one solution would be for the default to be free, and also allow people to also add others that they consider "trade only." Would that make sense?

One issue is that some folks have already listed "free" things here that are not orphans, in the spirit of giving them away -- which is good! I would definitely want to avoid listing non-orphans for trade here, though, because then it would definitely be duplicative with the existing trade thread.

My Sale/Trade List

Last edited by Grison; March 12th, 2012 at 04:53 PM.
Old March 12th, 2012, 03:02 PM
Chewer of Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grison View Post

One issue is that some folks have already listed "free" things here that are not orphans, in the spirit of giving them away. I would definitely want to avoid listing non-orphans for trade here, because then it would definitely be duplicative with the existing trade thread.
One of the reasons I listed some available figures that might not necessarily be considered "orphans" is because mine are duplicate figures without cards, and they aren't ones that I am looking for in the card swap. These are units that I'm happy to give to a good home.

I do agree that it would be important not to turn this into just another trade thread.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online