Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Old May 16th, 2013, 11:57 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Re: Sports: NHL

Yeah, I was a die-hard Bs fan back in the Neely/Borque days (was a die-hard everything Boston fan), then I went away to college and was only able to keep up with the Sox (forever) and the Pats (though I don't lose sleep over a loss with them).

Then my wife became a pink hat Bs fan back when they won the cup in 2011 and has turned relatively legit since. With the games on all the time this season, I couldn't help but get roped back in once the playoffs started.

-insert signature here-
Old May 16th, 2013, 05:40 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Championships spawn haters.

We will see if we can win at least one at the Joe.

This has actually been a fun, different kind of year with the Red Wings. We almost did not make the playoffs for the first time in 22 years, yeah they do suck.
It's not the championships, it's just that Detroit Sucks!!!!!!!!

There are always several Dee-Troit Sucks! chants from the crowd anytime the Wings are in Chicago, it's just kind of a tradition

Seriously though, the Hawks and Wings have been huge rivals forever, so Hawks fans still hated the Wings before the Wings got so good over the past 15+ years.

The Hawks had a 35 year playoff streak too until they went on their ugly skid for awhile before this new and improved incarnation of the team. Bill Wirtz dying was the best thing to happen to Hawks fans. His son Rocky "gets it" and is beloved here now.

I'm sure the Wings will win one at the Joe. Believe me, after they scored shortly after the Hawks first goal, we were on pins and needles until the 3rd period. Even though the Hawks outplayed them, the Wings were able to have some nice plays that almost worked to score.

We had the most annoying Wings fan about 6 rows behind us. He was chirping and chanting and being quite a jerk until Oduya scored the Hawks' second goal. We had a Wings fan 2 rows in front of us and he was cool. He cheered for the Wings, but wasn't a douchebag about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
I'm as bandwagon as they come as far as hockey is concerend, but the game seven win by the Bs the other night was insane. No relying on that again against NY.
Yeah, that was an amazing game 7. Only time a comeback like that has ever happened I believe. The Rangers aren't as skilled as Toronto, but they are very good defensively and have a great goalie who shutout the Caps in their final two games of the series. Should be a good series.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Last edited by Hahma; May 16th, 2013 at 07:32 PM.
Old May 17th, 2013, 07:28 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Looking forward to watching the game on Saturday.

I do not understand how the NHL expects more people to watch their sport when it never gets played on network television.
NBC Sports Network? That sucks.

I believe the Hawks have not beat the Wings in the playoffs since 92. So you are due one.
Next time we meet in the playoffs it will be for a Stanley Cup, epic.

Good luck.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old May 17th, 2013, 08:22 AM

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Not being the biggest hockey fan in the world I have trouble sometimes appreciating a stalemate. That said, was it me or did it look like the Bs and Rangers were both experiencing 'hangovers' in that first period last night? Just a bunch of back and forth with not much to show for on either side.

Things certainly picked-up later though, what a finish.

-insert signature here-
Old May 18th, 2013, 08:08 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Well the Hawks looked like azz today. Horrible effort. Kudos to the Wings for the adjustments they made for today's game and the effort they put in that I wish was matched by the Hawks.

Old May 19th, 2013, 07:56 AM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I did not expect that at all Hahma.

I have a feeling they will be much more focused on Monday.

After that first goal I was thinking, oh no, here we go again.
The defense was sick in the second period, perhaps their best game of the season, considering the opponent.

It was nice to watch the game at home. I may have to turn in early tonight so I can stay up tomorrow night. Good luck!

- Eslo Rudkey
Old May 19th, 2013, 08:33 AM
Prickly Cactus

Yeah, I was surprised a bit too. I certainly thought Detroit would play better and be more focused. But I didn't think the Hawks would regress to the degree that they did. The Wings were passing the puck at will it seemed, while the Hawks couldn't complete passes to save their lives. Granted the Wings played better defensively, but the Hawks are one of the most skilled and deep teams in the league, and should be able to make adjustments.

I think Quenville should sit Carcillo and bring Stalberg back in. He benched Stalberg for pouting about not getting PP time in the Wild series, and Bolland coming back gave him a chance to sit Stalberg. Carcillo offers nothing in this series, but Stalberg has crazy good speed that can open things up.

The Hawks first line needs to show up for the rest of the series if they are going to have a chance. Toews has 3 assists through 7 playoff games. A 3rd line checking center can win faceoffs and play defense like Toews has done. Even though Datsyuk and Zetterberg have played 2 more games than Toews, Datsyuk has 2 goals and 5 assists, while Zetterberg has 3 goals and 7 assists, and Toews has 3 assists. They all play great defense, but Datsyuk and Zetterberg have found ways to score as well.

Good luck!

Old May 19th, 2013, 10:23 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Senators tie it up short handed with about a minute to go! On to overtime!
Old May 19th, 2013, 10:33 PM
Prickly Cactus

I can't repeat what I yelled when they scored that goal. The Penguins totally f'd up. Not only were they sitting back and playing prevent defense in the 3rd period, but with a minute an a half to go, the play prevent defense while on the powerplay. Azzholes! If they played like they should, they could keep control in the Sens zone and keep Anderson from leaving goal. That was just horrible horrible by Bylsma to have them play that style at that point.

Old May 20th, 2013, 08:27 AM

Shame on me for changing the channel after the Penguins scored late in the 2nd. I figured game over at that point. Instead I subjected myself to The Bad News Bears: Breaking Training over on MLB Network, and now I've forever ruined that movie for myself. Wow did it not hold up over time.

-insert signature here-

Last edited by nyys; May 20th, 2013 at 01:34 PM.
Old May 20th, 2013, 12:22 PM

Bruins looked solid.

Go Wings.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old May 24th, 2013, 12:00 AM
Prickly Cactus

Congrats Tornado! Your Wings took it to the Hawks again tonight. Man....2 goals in 3 games for the Hawks is disgusting

Howard is playing well, but they haven't challenged him by making him move side to side, no screens, no deflections, no second shots (though his rebound control was great) and just plain sucky powerplays. He actually played his best that I saw (missed Monday's game) when the Hawks won the first game. He was incredible to keep the Wings in it until the 3rd when the Hawks scored a few more.

Ugh! This series is done and the Hawks great season was for naught. I knew it was trouble when they won the President's trophy for best record in the league, I knew it!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV