Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old September 18th, 2017, 12:57 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Re: Dallas Area "Official" Tournament structure

thread is up:

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...58#post2162458

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old September 18th, 2017, 04:06 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I just moved to a college in the Dallas area, so I could potentially attend the NHSD event and even maybe bring a few more students.
Old September 19th, 2017, 10:35 PM

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

We'd love to have you guys.

We can loan out units and cards if you need help rounding out armies for everyone.

Old September 21st, 2017, 03:04 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Thanks. It's looking like I and at least one other person will be coming, but I'm going to try and bring some more people if possible.

We do have a fairly large collection between all of us, but we're missing multiples for most commons (which, judging from what I've read here, are generally very important for competitive battles). I'll help them design some armies and PM you if we need to borrow some extra figures to round it all out.
Old October 24th, 2017, 11:48 AM

I am posting this here to have a record of it. These are events that need to be updated on our Big Metal trophy that we have been passing around for years. (Again not a complete list, just stuff we need to update)

Plus a comprehensive list of our NHSD winners back to 2006

--

Team Tournament IV, Feb 2010 - DrLivingston & Velenne
Team Tournament V, March 2011 - Gladdragon & AnubianWolf88
Team Tournament VI, April 2012 – DrLivingston & James
Team Tournament VII, March 2013 – R˙chean & BooDog
Team Tournament VIII, April 2014 - R˙chean & BooDog

Richardson Open V, May 2012 - DrLivingston
Richardson Open VI, June 2013 – Tmac2200’s Dad (Kevin)
Richardson Open VII, May 2014- R˙chean
Garland Championship, May 2016 - R˙chean

4x4 440, Dec, 2011 - BroInLaw
Full Draft, Jan, 2012 - BroInLaw
Pick Your Poison, Nov 2010 - Dignan
Full Draft, Jan 2013 - Dignan
Texas 3-Pack Draft, July 2010 - BroInLaw
Red Oak Showdown Draft, June 2014 – BroInLaw

Hexas in Texas NHSD, Oct 2017 - R˙chean
Hexas in Texas NHSD, Oct 2016 - BooDog
Hexas in Texas NHSD, Oct 2015 – Dignan
Hexas in Texas NHSD, Oct 2014 – Dignan
Hexas in Texas NHSD, Oct 2013 – Rym
Hexas in Texas NHSD, Oct 2012 – DrLivingston
Hexas in Texas NHSD, Oct 2011 – Fencerjared
Hexas in Texas NHSD, Oct 2010 – Panopticon
Hexas in Texas NHSD, Oct 2009 – DrLivingston
Hexas in Texas NHSD, Oct 2008 – Dignan
Hexas in Texas NHSD, Oct 2007 - wisinger
Hexas in Texas NHSD, Oct 2006 - Revdyer

Old October 24th, 2017, 03:09 PM

EthanB is surprisingly tart

I wish I would have discovered this sooner! How often are these held? I live in the Dallas area and my group and I have been playing for years. Granted, we haven't played with official units since around 2012 so we're probably a little lost when it comes to army building, but I think most of us would be interested.
Old October 24th, 2017, 03:42 PM

We used to hold 3-5 events a year.

Not so much lately; our last 2 events have been NHSD October 2017 and NHSD October 2016.

That said, we have had a few other new comers to the scene. We will try to get something up for early 2018. (November and December are usually poor months for events since holidays and family and travel and what not, but we will pick it up in the new year.)

Old October 24th, 2017, 04:03 PM

Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby!

I will be living in Dallas for the next couple years to serve a religious mission, and even though I will probably not be able to attend a tournament, I'd love to cross paths with some of you. (I may have to stop by at a tournament....)

H E R O S C A P E
Old October 25th, 2017, 08:28 AM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaperedude View Post
I will be living in Dallas for the next couple years to serve a religious mission, and even though I will probably not be able to attend a tournament, I'd love to cross paths with some of you. (I may have to stop by at a tournament....)
Well, R˙chean and I have been gaming every Thursday evening at my place in north Garland for the past several years. You are welcome to swing by one of these evenings if you want.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old February 2nd, 2018, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post

Not so much lately; our last 2 events have been NHSD October 2017 and NHSD October 2016.

That said, we have had a few other new comers to the scene. We will try to get something up for early 2018. (November and December are usually poor months for events since holidays and family and travel and what not, but we will pick it up in the new year.)
I've got six fellow students asking me when the next tournament will be, since most of them weren't aware of National HeroScape Day and would've loved to come. I'm confident that we can bring at least seven people in total (including me), although there are a few more fringe cases that might bring our total up as high as eleven new people.

Is it still looking like there'll be another tournament in the area relatively soon? And if so, will we be able to use C3V/SoV units this time? My groups have become quite fond of some of those designs and how they make things like Sudema infinitely more viable, so they'd love to hear that they can use all of that stuff in a more formal tournament.
Old February 3rd, 2018, 10:19 AM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Quote:

I've got six fellow students asking me when the next tournament will be, since most of them weren't aware of National HeroScape Day and would've loved to come. I'm confident that we can bring at least seven people in total (including me), although there are a few more fringe cases that might bring our total up as high as eleven new people.

Is it still looking like there'll be another tournament in the area relatively soon? And if so, will we be able to use C3V/SoV units this time? My groups have become quite fond of some of those designs and how they make things like Sudema infinitely more viable, so they'd love to hear that they can use all of that stuff in a more formal tournament.
I've actually been thinking of kicking off the next tournament thread now that we are past the holidays. I'll get with Mark and start posting something within the week.

We've used C3V/SoV/CUC in the past in some events. It's very possible that we'll use them in this coming event.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old February 3rd, 2018, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Quote:

I've actually been thinking of kicking off the next tournament thread now that we are past the holidays. I'll get with Mark and start posting something within the week.

We've used C3V/SoV/CUC in the past in some events. It's very possible that we'll use them in this coming event.
Alright, I'll keep an eye out for the next announcement and let them know. In the meantime, we'll just try to create a few vanilla, C3V/SoV, and CUC armies to test out for the upcoming event. Thanks for the response!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events