Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old July 21st, 2015, 10:30 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: C3G Public Design Nominations - Now Voting!

Since I know I've probably primed TrollBrute to think otherwise tonight, let me be clear, what I'm about to say is not intended as personal attacks against anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
In a very narrow vote, the Heroes have vetoed Martian Manhunter for this round. There are some disagreements over the direction and the necessity of the JLA synergy. I would encourage all those with interest in adding Justice League synergy to C3G to speak with the Heroes to see if a compromise can be found. I also encourage all of the dissenting Heroes to do the same.

Please keep that discussion to the Public Design Post though, in this thread we will be voting for the next C3G design! Cast your votes now!
That is a super premature announcement. This matter is very much in discussion and at least one of the narrow number of dissenting voters suggested opening it up for wider discussion, debate, and voting. It's clearly something that active public members are passionate about. I think it'd be best to call this announcement a misstep and to let the issue have some resolution before voting starts.

But, that's just my perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggressive Sock View Post
I say this not because I can't take some setbacks, feel the need to be over dramatic, or that I'm "shocked" by this decision, but because this is clearly a sign of my future. I bust my ass playtesting and contributing around here, and doing everything I can to climb that ladder... And for what? To have something so clearly polarizing with so much effort, interest, and desire to be shot down in a "narrow vote". If it's so narrow, why not let the community decide(this is for the community, right?): If it wins, hash it out in the design phase(scared of a little work?); If it loses, you are only proven right. Unfortunately, it doesn't matter. There's only so many hoops one feels up for jumping through.

Consider that my much earlier than desired retirement from C3G playtesting and design.

Good luck everyone!
Likewise, this is a super overreaction. I get where you and your passion are coming from. But the debate is right in the middle. Don't take you ball and go home unless you have other reason to do so. Why not ask for and allow some time for reconsideration rather than skipping directly to the nuclear option?

I really would love to see cooler heads prevail here, guys. Is that possible?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 21st, 2015, 10:55 PM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

1. Spike
2. Meghan
3. Dex-Starr

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old July 21st, 2015, 10:59 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Likewise, this is a super overreaction. I get where you and your passion are coming from. But the debate is right in the middle. Don't take you ball and go home unless you have other reason to do so. Why not ask for and allow some time for reconsideration rather than skipping directly to the nuclear option?

I wouldn't know, because I'm only aware of what I'm allowed to know, which is what takes place in the Public Design Thread. The debate was apparently none of my business, as it was really only brought to the forefront by you in the final hour(literally). All I'm aware of is what I've gathered over the past 2 weeks of discussion, and that's 5 namely people that supported the design direction, or were at least in support of us having a chance. Those people were: Yodaking, dok, Karat, Viegon, and Trollbrute. Of course, that doesn't mean all of those have a say, nor does it mean they voted in favor of it being given a chance.

If johnny, quozl, Tornado and whoever else that's expressed disinterest in the direction find such distaste and disapproval of the design direction that they can't even let it go before the community for a chance to be made, then who am I to change that? I'm just a playtester who has given well over a hundred hours towards playtesting, commenting, and designing for the continuation and expansion of the project. Who cares what I think? Better yet, why should I have to try and convince 1 person to change their mind? This is a community, we do this for the community, not just to pat ourselves on the back. I have no say here.

My reason for taking my ball and remaining at home is simple. The system doesn't exactly embrace and reward for the amount of time and effort you put into it. I simply ask for a chance to design, and have that design judged/voted on by those who will potentially use it, but now that the design is vetoed, I could be waiting upwards of 5-7 months for another opportunity to be vetoed(that's not a knock or an over exaggeration, that's the reality of the Public Design process).

I communicated my thoughts, my passion, and my desires. It's not my fault they were not communicated back to by those that detracted it most, and actually had a 1 on 1 discussion on how to make them more favorable to them. Those that weren't in favor, chose to remain so. I was all ears, and willing to compromise, that much was made clear several times.

If it was so close, I'm not the one that pulled that trigger and made that decision to call it there. That's not on me. I'm just not surprised in the least at that result. One could say that's unappreciative of all the discussion that has taken place over the past 2 weeks, the most lively discussion that has taken place in months. If that's not worth it, then why am I even trying to make it in the system, if the system doesn't appreciate that trying?

It's whatever. It has nothing to do with my inability to work within a group. I just spent 2 weeks working in a group. Perhaps it's others that are too quick to stifle something before it is given a shot. Like I said, what was so bad that couldn't be given a shot? If it got the majority votes, what kind of issue couldn't be compromised in design? The markers? The synergy? The 2nd version? Why do I care to be a part of something going forward if those things aren't available?
Old July 21st, 2015, 11:10 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

If you were willing to put so much passion and energy into the project in the first place, then isn't it worth putting some patience and energy into trying to find a solution somewhere between take it on the chin and rage quit?

I totally get your frustrations on the transparency side of things. I could see things going this way and it's why I brought concerns to the public. Because you guys are working just as hard as anyone else on this project and you deserve that. But none of us are perfect, and that's certainly true for all aspects of this group. Our goal should not be to bicker and run off, though, but to work to help each other consider different perspectives and become better as a whole. I'd like to work towards that. I'm asking you to join me in this attempt. Will you?

I understand equating not having a vote to having no say. But if you truly had no say, no voice, this wouldn't be a discussion now, it'd be a "don't let the door hit you on the way out." I understand that it may feel like the active leadership is doing just that. I'm asking them not to. I'm asking them to join me in this attempt to discuss this and work this out as a community. Will you, C3G Heroes?

If the system is working in a way that's pushing seasoned, hard working members to quit in disgust, the system needs a good looking at, because we are about a community, not decisions made behind closed doors that feel arbitrary and rushed. So let's not rush this one. We've started discussing it, let's bear out that discussion. Is there any reason this vote has to take place right now? Or can we give some time to a topic that it's clear many feel passionate about. Let's not penalize folks for their passion. This group would be nothing without it.

Quote:
I wouldn't know, because I'm only aware of what I'm allowed to know, which is what takes place in the Public Design Thread.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 21st, 2015, 11:10 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Since I know I've probably primed TrollBrute to think otherwise tonight, let me be clear, what I'm about to say is not intended as personal attacks against anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
In a very narrow vote, the Heroes have vetoed Martian Manhunter for this round. There are some disagreements over the direction and the necessity of the JLA synergy. I would encourage all those with interest in adding Justice League synergy to C3G to speak with the Heroes to see if a compromise can be found. I also encourage all of the dissenting Heroes to do the same.

Please keep that discussion to the Public Design Post though, in this thread we will be voting for the next C3G design! Cast your votes now!
That is a super premature announcement. This matter is very much in discussion and at least one of the narrow number of dissenting voters suggested opening it up for wider discussion, debate, and voting. It's clearly something that active public members are passionate about. I think it'd be best to call this announcement a misstep and to let the issue have some resolution before voting starts.

But, that's just my perspective.
If it was just Martian Manhunter who was affected by this, then I absolutely would have held off. I already gave it a couple days due to the possibility that positions could change. The vote was official though, and its not fair to the rest of the public and to the process to hold off on making the announcement.

Again, a veto is not "no, never" it's "no, not right now." There's no reason for the discussion to end our that a Martian Manhunter design that satisfies all parties cannot be created.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old July 21st, 2015, 11:13 PM

Sure, but even as the vote itself wrapped up the further discussion was beginning, with the tie-breaking voter saying that he was very open to seeing others (sidekicks, outer sanctum, etc.) being polled for their opinions. Is there a specific reason this voting has to take place right now, or can this issue be hashed out first?

Old July 21st, 2015, 11:13 PM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:

I wouldn't know, because I'm only aware of what I'm allowed to know, which is what takes place in the Public Design Thread. The debate was apparently none of my business, as it was really only brought to the forefront by you in the final hour(literally). All I'm aware of is what I've gathered over the past 2 weeks of discussion, and that's 5 namely people that supported the design direction, or were at least in support of us having a chance. Those people were: Yodaking, dok, Karat, Viegon, and Trollbrute. Of course, that doesn't mean all of those have a say, nor does it mean they voted in favor of it being given a chance.

If johnny, quozl, Tornado and whoever else that's expressed disinterest in the direction find such distaste and disapproval of the design direction that they can't even let it go before the community for a chance to be made, then who am I to change that? I'm just a playtester who has given well over a hundred hours towards playtesting, commenting, and designing for the continuation and expansion of the project. Who cares what I think? Better yet, why should I have to try and convince 1 person to change their mind? This is a community, we do this for the community, not just to pat ourselves on the back. I have no say here.

My reason for taking my ball and remaining at home is simple. The system doesn't exactly embrace and reward for the amount of time and effort you put into it. I simply ask for a chance to design, and have that design judged/voted on by those who will potentially use it, but now that the design is vetoed, I could be waiting upwards of 5-7 months for another opportunity to be vetoed(that's not a knock or an over exaggeration, that's the reality of the Public Design process).

I communicated my thoughts, my passion, and my desires. It's not my fault they were not communicated back to by those that detracted it most, and actually had a 1 on 1 discussion on how to make them more favorable to them. Those that weren't in favor, chose to remain so. I was all ears, and willing to compromise, that much was made clear several times.

If it was so close, I'm not the one that pulled that trigger and made that decision to call it there. That's not on me. I'm just not surprised in the least at that result. One could say that's unappreciative of all the discussion that has taken place over the past 2 weeks, the most lively discussion that has taken place in months. If that's not worth it, then why am I even trying to make it in the system, if the system doesn't appreciate that trying?

It's whatever. It has nothing to do with my inability to work within a group. I just spent 2 weeks working in a group. Perhaps it's others that are too quick to stifle something before it is given a shot. Like I said, what was so bad that couldn't be given a shot? If it got the majority votes, what kind of issue couldn't be compromised in design? The markers? The synergy? The 2nd version? Why do I care to be a part of something going forward if those things aren't available?
Its not that its a bad idea, its just the fine tuning of the specific mechanics are not totally agreed upon within the inner sanctum. I was originally in hard opposition to the idea, but as the days have gone by I started to get more interested, and I think giving up because you lost the round is not the way to go. Maybe it isn't perfect, and maybe it might need some more work, but when you're trying to implement such a massive synergy within such a massive project, it takes time. I don't think anyone is openly opposed to the idea of the synergy, but some of the specifics are disagreed upon. You have a cool idea for a very wide reaching and extensive faction, so it makes sense that there would be some concern over the idea. There have been designs in the past that have been vetoed, but have returned late because of some change, and in this instance you have half of the heroes on your side, so its not like its a lost cause either.

I'm still not sold on the idea of such wide reaching JL synergy, and I think its what is concerning people, but I'm willing to listen to new ideas and work with material despite disagreements.

Just the 2 cents from a person who has been a lot less vocal in the deliberations up till this point.
Old July 21st, 2015, 11:18 PM

I will say that one very telling and worthwhile thing johnny said in the sanctum tonight is that (I'm super paraphrasing here) that the Justice League are the comic book team, and they deserve royal treatment. That means really digging deep as a whole team and making sure we do it right. Since a number of people are still uncertain if this is the right approach, in his eyes (and I totally get his perspective and agree with it to an extent) it's worth slowing down and making sure this direction is the right one before officially committing to it. It's not that folks dislike the ideas, it's just that they may need more time to fully consider them and consider a number of other options, because Rome wasn't built in a day (reminds johnny) and enough people have enough passion about doing Justice League synergy that we really want to make sure we do it right.

Now from Sock's perspective, I get that they've been discussing and wanting that synergy for a really long time and that a lot of people who are blocking progress now might not have seemed to have been very present in that discussion. Then a decision comes down from on high without being discussed actively with those leading the charge. Super frustrating for someone who's put all the hard work and effort into a direction.

I think this is an issue that can use more transparency and more work from everyone who has a vested interest. If you care enough to say "no" or "not yet" to this proposed solution for Justice League synergy, it behooves you to actively participate in finding a solution that everyone is happy with. Justice League synergy clearly strikes a chord with the group and so while it's worth being patient on (Rome, etc.), it's also worth throwing attention and effort into.

Old July 22nd, 2015, 12:08 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
If ... quozl... and whoever else that's expressed disinterest in the direction find such distaste and disapproval of the design direction that they can't even let it go before the community for a chance to be made, then who am I to change that?
For what it's worth, I'm in support of your direction. And this is still being debated quite heavily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old July 22nd, 2015, 12:22 AM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Quote:
I think this is an issue that can use more transparency and more work from everyone who has a vested interest. If you care enough to say "no" or "not yet" to this proposed solution for Justice League synergy, it behooves you to actively participate in finding a solution that everyone is happy with. Justice League synergy clearly strikes a chord with the group and so while it's worth being patient on (Rome, etc.), it's also worth throwing attention and effort into.
I believe we've been completely open and willing to brainstorm, compromise, and reach a direction the majority can get behind. I'm the pretty little bride, left at the alter on her wedding day(have a field day dok lol). If the issue was working on the design thoroughly, where have they been for the past 3+ weeks?

We started discussions on a Justice League synergy on June 27th, on page 1369 of the Public Design Thread. Martian Manhunter II was first discussed on June 29th, on page 1373. It died on 1408. That's 35+ pages of discussion(almost all directed toawrds the JL synergy and the designs), over 3 and a half weeks. Only to be vetoed out in a "narrow" vote. Each time there was an issue, we compromised, and adapted. However, those clearly still against it, didn't bother to truly attempt to compromise to a point of satisfaction, and instead merely counted down the days until they could kill off the most enthusiastic group discussion going. Maybe not purposely, but that's how it played out.

That's why this whole idea of "if you can't work in a group, then maybe this isn't for you" as said in response to me(not by you), is insulting, and unfounded. We did work in a group, quite well, for 3 and a half weeks almost non-stop, for an un-precedented ~35 pages focused on refining, compromising, and progressing a design/synergy to overcome the issues brought forth. If that's not what this is all about, I don't know what is. We had something the community was getting behind, and then people put their thumb on it without offering any sort of real opportunity. That's not willing to work within a group, at least not in this instance.
Old July 22nd, 2015, 01:37 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

I like the direction of the JLA stuff but I do think it's appropriate for us to continue hashing it out it before jumping into the first public design. I'd hate to see MM2's design phase drag on while the entire suite of designs was getting worked over.
  1. Kang
  2. Meggan
  3. Jungle Tree

Last edited by dok; July 22nd, 2015 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Tossed in a third vote
Old July 22nd, 2015, 01:44 AM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

1. Kang
2. Dex
3. ARGUS

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy